CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They came to one victim who under normal circumstances they might have tried to save but in this situation they had to pass by because it was a mass casualty situation.

How beyond hard it must have been for these First Responders to have to walk away from people they might otherwise have tried to save, based on the numbers of injured.

That is something that will never leave you!

Coldpizza, are we allowed to post link for Beth Karas and Diane Gold which they do at 7:30 eastern every night for this trial?

They made sure they evacuated everyone from the area near the back of the theatre, and then he was dispatched to the shooters appartment, but did not enter it.

No further questions from counsel or defense.

Jurors may have questions...

Counsel are at the bench. White noise.

Jurors Q For the third victim, you said you wanted to work him but didn't> Does that mean he was technically dead, but you wanted to revive him?

A; Yes.

Lt Bernd Hoefler has been released and the trial is over for the day.

Jury question...

# You tagged someone black, did that mean you thought the person was deceased and you didn't try to revive him? Yes (ed note: black=dead, red=high priority, yellow /green.... didn't catch)

:thinking: He went into great detail on this on the stand early on. I cannot :banghead: figure out why these juror questions are being asked, what is probative for them. Anyone have an idea on WHY someone asked this question??? :thinking:

The Judge is reminding/warning the jury of the admonitions [?] and to be extremely vigilant about avoiding all mention of the trial in the media and the internet.

OOOpsie! A media person now in court and being questioned by judge

I.LOVE.THIS.JUDGE

He's letting him go... and he railed him....

Wonder what station/media he is with?

Oh wait, something else is happening. The Judge is asking someone in the courtroom, a reporter who had had some discussion with a witnesses family, I think outside the court room. He is apologising for what he did. Judge Saumur is saying he acccepts the apology but he wants to "make sure the rules are followed and that all the orders must be followed. If there is another incident things will not go this nicely, and there will be consequences"

I looked and cannot find the answer to:

In Colardo DP, do all jurors have to agree or just a majority? Thanks.

The talking head is discussing why pregnancy cannot be mentioned in court.

I cannot for the life of me understand why they can't mention that Ashley Moser was pregnant and lost the baby!!! That is something that the jury needs to know.

No, it doesn't make JH more guilty or innocent. But it is part of her injuries sustained from his hand. If they can talk about breaking a leg from a bullet, how is losing an unborn baby not be mentioned??

The talking head is discussing why pregnancy cannot be mentioned in court.

I cannot for the life of me understand why they can't mention that Ashley Moser was pregnant and lost the baby!!! That is something that the jury needs to know.

No, it doesn't make JH more guilty or innocent. But it is part of her injuries sustained from his hand. If they can talk about breaking a leg from a bullet, how is losing an unborn baby not be mentioned??

As someone who is pro choice I still think it would be appropriate to charge him with another charge of murder or harm to a fetus(I think that's what the other law is called

I am so confused with the jury questions, and what they may be thinking. The last question I just don't know what they are getting at was the question that asked "did the gas affect you when you first walked into the main lobby, or into theatre 9" <<<----- big time paraphrased....but the jist of it

Any insights here as to your thoughts? Why that question?... other than they want to know even more than I have ever considered

The only thing I can think is that the juror is trying to ascertain just how powerful the gas was to establish in their own mind whether Holmes deliberately use very powerful gas to hinder the possibility of first responders being able to reach victims in time to save them. The juror is trying to understand the pre planning of the crime.

The only thing I can think is that the juror is trying to ascertain just how powerful the gas was to establish in their own mind whether Holmes deliberately use very powerful gas to hinder the possibility of first responders being able to reach victims in time to save them. The juror is trying to understand the pre planning of the crime.

Interesting!! That is fabulous reasoning!

Will JH have anyone to come to the stand and talk about his redeeming qualities like what is currently happening in the Boston marathon trial? I imagine that would hurt his insanity plea. But I also think there is not many people who would talk so well about him because he seems to have had a disconnect with people.

Also, newbie question, will they first make a ruling on his insanity then on guilt or does it happen simultaneously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand