CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The point here is just to make the family real for the jury and "jimmy" of course was a decent kid so spare his life!! Frankly it will probably work and I really wish they would just get rid of it...most juries will not impose it...if they do too many appeals and delays and won't happen anyway and it is costing tax dollars that could be used elsewhere...just think of all the people that would just get wlop and be gone instead of tying up the courts. If this guy is not the poster child for DP who is????

Are these witnesses testifying for "Jimmy", the ones that the defense wanted delay the trial because of their scheduling (vacation) issues?
This is being videoed as these people all want to leave tonight. So the jury will have to listen to this next week....slow boat this phase.

They need to get this crying lady off the stand...this is totally non relevant...oh Jimmy pet sat...Arlene probably had to monitor the sitting to make sure that "JimmY" behaved!!

And remember the jury won't be able to ask any awkward questions of these witnesses......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

most of the people that knew him in the last 5 years are just so relieved that he did not go off on them.

I respectfully disagree, if anyone deserves DP it is James Holmes.

AND there is it--she was NOT his friend--she was friends with HIS mother...

This is more like a support group for the parents of the shooter....last witness is close to the edge!

if this lady considers "Jimmy" her friend she is really desperate for friends. Love when the state just passes which indicates that this person did not have anything even remotely relevant worth questioning.

This witness said JH was "a model child."

:thud:

This witness said JH was "a model child."

:thud:

I think most jurors are smart enough to know that most of the monster killers in history had exactly the same childhood stories and even right up to the crime...oh he was so quiet...nice neighbor...on and on....guess defense has to do this but really adds nothing for me.

So, the parade of these defense witnesses- my mind went to the old song " I Love a Parade"

Testifying about his parents character & most talking about what they did on their jobs. The soccer player going on about how he played the game. This camp counselor, explaining his duties at camp... most not saying much about jh.

How often did he go to camp? (sorry stepped away to get a cup of tea) TIA

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 1m1 minute ago  Longmont, CO
Now Gabrile Menchaca is talking about working with JH as camp counselors in Calif. Jurors will have much video to watch. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 2m2 minutes ago  Longmont, CO
Again, prosecutors underscore that witnesses hadn't seen JH in years. Menchaca last saw him in 2008. #theatershooting

How often did he go to camp? (sorry stepped away to get a cup of tea) TIA

Jimmy spent the whole summer at the camp as a councillor..The witness on the stand talked about what the responsibilities were for councillors and his observation's of his actions, behaviour etc....Whoopdeedo...Jimmy was 17 at the time I believe!

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 1m1 minute ago
Barbara Martin cries on #theatershooting stand describing "incredible compassion" of Holmes' mom, who she says helped her after husband left

Rob McCallum ‏@rwmccallum · 1m1 minute ago
Court is in recess until Monday at 8:40 am #theatershooting

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 1m1 minute ago
#theatershooting trial is done for the day. Be back Monday! Enjoy the day everyone!

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 1m1 minute ago
Gabrile Menchaca, camp counselor w/ Holmes, last #theatershooting witness def. tapes. Jurors have abt 2 hrs of out-of-town testimony to see.

Its like they are truly digging a deep deep hole and looking for something---this is making no sense. These people have limited observations of the shooter--limited knowledge of anything that they can testify to. I've been at family gathers or other things and if I don't know to many people I remain quite. This is just strange to me.

They've gotta go this way -- it's all they've got. I don't think one character witness, so far, has seen or talked with him in 9 years or so -- when he was around 19 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader