CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not for me to say but she could be mentally ill or insane or just a provocateur.

I'm conflicted, but I do know that mental illness is a disease of the brain, an organ in the human body.
Much like diabetes is a disease, cancer, heart disease, liver disease. We don't blame cancer patients for their disease; we sympathize, get them treatment and wish them well.

I really dislike hearing people make comments like "She's nuts", like it is her fault she is sick. Perhaps her brain won't allow her to behave like "normal" people. Perhaps we should have more compassion for sufferers of brain disease.

Having said that, it is clear Holmes knew right from wrong when he committed his acts.

Maybe J. should have spent some time with the bike's of Debra....BUT even tho she is going to cool her heels in Jail for 3 weeks!!...Just waiting for those who feel sorry for her to claim unfairness??

Her main complaint was she was questioned constantly why she was there every day she came there..Her conclusion..Harrassement..Guess she forgot Patriot act ( she's not that young)..Even our so even tempered Judge allowed her stipple..then said..Take her away!! ..LOL

Well, from what the judge said, she was known to everyone! Probably because of her stalking james & filing a motion-whatever that was about. That's why they were questioning her.

yes, I bet James himself, turned her photo & letters away! Oh dear! I'm quite speechless!
still mouthing off while they pulled her away!
Concerned she said 'you will cause the death of 12 more people". Sounds like a threat!
All this because she wanted attention from james! She wanted him to have her photo on his wall!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Take her away" said judge.

She was implying that the 12 jurors will be murderers if the shooter gets the death penalty. At least I think that's what she meant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, from what the judge said, she was known to everyone! Probably because of her stalking james & filing a motion-whatever that was about. That's why they were questioning her.

You can tell she's got some loose screws. They see these types hanging around courtrooms and no how to spot them right away.

anyone know what she filed a motion about??? she said the judge denied it. thanks
I can't imagine what she wanted...

I leave the thread and all h*// breaks loose ! Will watch CroakerQueen later and swim upstream to see what happened

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438298571.661700.jpg

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman

Handcuffed woman is standing before Judge Samour in courtroom following disturbance.

Disruptive woman has been ID'd as Deborah Cave

Woman's outburst led the mother and sister of one victim to cry. JH's mother wept also

Judge is telling Cave that she had been warned and there are written guidelines in courtroom.

Judge cites Cave's "clearly willful refusal to comply with my order."

Judge, rising anger: "This was as disruptive conduct as I've ever seen." Woman stepped over seats in courtroom.

Judge finds she is in direct contempt of court. He invites her to comment.

She claims she filed a motion in 2013. She was harassed by police she says. "They blackmailed me."

"I sent Jim letters. I sent him cards." She wants to know why her letters to gunman are being returned.

Judge sentences her to 3 weeks in jail., "Take her away, deputy."

The Gold Patrol[emoji768] ‏@thegoldpatrol

Judge - "conduct offensive to dignity of court":

Deborah - "I apologize"

Judge - "Offensive to authority and dignity of court. I defend that. It is being broadcast."

Deborah - "The court should have dignity of not having death penalty"

She has outburst again. She said "you just created 12 more murders".

In all seriousness, how terrible for the victims families and the wounded to have to see this.

www.twitter.com/larryryckman
www.twitter.com/thegoldpatrol
www.twitter.com/pstenser

As usual playing catch up on this case...and of course have questions.

I didn't see one thing that qualified as a mitigating factor? Maybe previous therapy but that's a stretch. So what were the mitigating factors? They have already decided he is sane, so I don't get this whole "he had an idealistic childhood so he must have just gone crazy" argument. This seems like it would have been better presented during the first phase of trial.

And not to beat a dead horse, but wasn't Britney Spears put on a 5150 hold? Just for acting crazy right? Not making any sort of threats? I could be, in the words of Bryan Williams be "misremembering" but if my recollections are correct I would think if you were able to get a 5150 on a very rich and famous person that you would be able to get one on a regular person saying they wanted to kill other people. It's a moot point now in this particular case but I think it should be something considered carefully for the future.

You're right, a 50/50 hold was easily obtained for BS for EXACTLY that reason. Unlike this situation, it was crystal clear to every person on this earth that BS was out of touch with reality... and those in the throes of a psychotic episode are unpredictable, irrational, and more than capable of harming themselves or even a complete stranger... with zero warning... at the flip of a switch. They may not mean to or even understand what it is they're actually doing. There's a reason horror movies are made about psychotic individuals... a reason MI is surrounded by negative stigma and the mentally ill are often feared... and a reason 'Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity' is a legitimate defense for some---and the reason is because psychotic individuals commit heinous crimes when they aren't able to control their mind or actions.

However, by all accounts and the evidence presented during the guilt phase of this trial, this guy was NOT psychotic and the jury found him guilty of murder.

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden [video=twitter;626889396290199552]https://twitter.com/will_c_holden/status/626889396290199552[/video] Deborah Cave smacks #theatershooting court podium, screams "death penalty offends me!" She's in contempt & sentenced to 3 weeks in jail. Wow

DP offends her. Not getting her photo to Jim (what she called him) offends her. Security asking her questions offends her. Denying her motion to offer Jim help offends her.

Well, she offends me.

You're right, a 50/50 hold was easily obtained for BS for EXACTLY that reason. Unlike this situation, it was crystal clear to every person on this earth that BS was out of touch with reality... and those in the throes of a psychotic episode are unpredictable, irrational, and more than capable of harming themselves or even a complete stranger... with zero warning... at the flip of a switch. They may not mean to or even understand what it is they're actually doing. There's a reason horror movies are made about psychotic individuals... a reason MI is surrounded by negative stigma and the mentally ill are often feared... and a reason 'Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity' is a legitimate defense for some---and the reason is because psychotic individuals commit heinous crimes when they aren't able to control their mind or actions.

However, by all accounts and the evidence presented during the guilt phase of this trial, this guy was NOT psychotic and the jury found him guilty of murder.

Here in CA much easier to put someone on involuntary 5150 hold as it has happened many many times with my son even without consent and Hippa.

Okay folls..I should back away to give my uter a rest..LOl have already had to reboot twice...So will tune into this thread tomorrow and read up on those that missed the excitement..Juror's are gone till Monday...so will BOW OUT till next time ;-)

@thegoldpatrol: #theatershooting

Here’s the video of the outburst during Brauchler’s closings https://t.co/ytTCMX9kyJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She's definitely not well... made absolutely NO sense...
& yet it sounded like she had rehearsed it several times. It almost sounded like she was reading it at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot