CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still say something is off in that family.

I agree - something about that family therapy is odd - and I'd swear the Dad said that all 4 of them went to the 10 sessions, but sounds like the Mom might have said something different (I'm about 14 minutes behind).
There is something off-putting there, though - and we will probably never know what the story is, IMO

@larryryckman: Arlene: "We don't talk much in general. .. to just sit and talk, that probably isn't my family culture."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh thanks. I remember that was a reason for one of these moves. They moved 3 times right?

I think 3 times, if I remember correctly the Dad said they moved because his mom was ill, then they moved back at some point (I guess back to San Diego). And the Mom said they bought a bigger house and moved, so that would be 3.

I agree - something about that family therapy is odd - and I'd swear the Dad said that all 4 of them went to the 10 sessions, but sounds like the Mom might have said something different (I'm about 14 minutes behind).
There is something off-putting there, though - and we will probably never know what the story is, IMO

I did read that the plea offer to Pros. refused to share all informations..Could it be there is actually something being hidden??? I don't know..but all this tuff about their dogs and J.'s age and responses to their passing just isn't mitigating..It's more about the parents sharing THEIR story point of view of things.

J. did not say much at all about the counselling except I seem to recall it was because some grandmother or auntie or relative who had MI so ( mother) sought counselling?? Much of what J. said and what family is testifying to are not cohesive at all???

20 minute break~~ back at 440 EDT and 940 Maisie time :) All approx times..

Shelley Watson ‏@shelley_watson 3m3 minutes ago
I wonder if the shooter even cares what he has put his parents through. #theatershooting

NOPE!! After the fact maybe???? But only after what he was facing....NOW after mass murder he needed them..so offered some regrets..even tho he named them al in his NOTEBOOK!! The one he sent to Fenton with burnt money!!

I did read that the plea offer to Pros. refused to share all informations..Could it be there is actually something being hidden??? I don't know..but all this tuff about their dogs and J.'s age and responses to their passing just isn't mitigating..It's more about the parents sharing THEIR story point of view of things.

J. did not say much at all about the counselling except I seem to recall it was because some grandmother or auntie or relative who had MI so ( mother) sought counselling?? Much of what J. said and what family is testifying to are not cohesive at all???

20 minute break~~ back at 440 EDT and 940 Maisie time :) All approx times..

I don't know that it's they're necessarily hiding anything, it could be just that it was a family problem, and they don't want their problems made more public - after all, only JH is on trial - but something is off with what they're saying about the therapy, IMO.

That being said, although the family is not on trial, it does absolutely seem to me that mitigation has been almost entirely about the Mom, Dad and Sister - and none of it seems relevant to JH, IMO.

Areas of their lives, which may be important, are glossed over, it seems to me.

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 12m12 minutes ago
Holmes' mom: My side of family doesn't talk about problems often. "Just get better." Live #theatershooting testimony: http://link.kdvr.com/1MUDTSq

While the Holmes household didn't address problems in their home..Mom wanted kids to be happy and no venue to talk to kids about real life...Is that the mitigator???

I guess I was blessed..I recall having Family "Pow Wow's" at least once a month..always done age appropriate but at least understood..there's something wrong with dad..or somethings wrong with grandma or uncle so and so etc..They would at least be real..and would show emotion and explained why maybe mommy or daddy was sad or upset..so we did not blame ourselves..Usual reaction by young kids!!.

All child deserve to learn that LIFE can be challenging..and look to your parent's for guidance..LIFE IS NOT about all FUN THINGS!! Sadness is indeed part of the path of life and parent's could make a huge impact when let into such real life things..Hiding it only gives them a utopia view of life..Course that's just my view because as I said..was blessed!!

Ohhh Back live~~

I don't know that it's they're necessarily hiding anything, it could be just that it was a family problem, and they don't want their problems made more public - after all, only JH is on trial - but something is off with what they're saying about the therapy, IMO.

That being said, although the family is not on trial, it does absolutely seem to me that mitigation has been almost entirely about the Mom, Dad and Sister - and none of it seems relevant to JH, IMO.
Agreed. Where there is vagueness, there will be questions. If questions are not answered, there leaves an unease. Jurors recognize that.

@larryryckman: Brady says she's concerned about having to rush to get to closing arguments on Thursday. "I'm getting a little nervous."

@larryryckman: Judge says his main concern is that he doesn't want to keep #theatershooting jurors waiting. They're being brought into courtroom now

Agreed. Where there is vagueness, there will be questions. If questions are not answered, there leaves an unease. Jurors recognize that.
Well, yeah. Mom said they went to counseling with some guy 3 times. Then later was talking about Mel, which they went to 10 sessions over a year's time? So they went twice?

Now Brady is feeling stressed about timing? Maybe that thought could suited her better when defense was going thru the 'baby calendar', or questions about loving JH before he was born?

I feel bad for the Mom, but I just don't get how what she felt before his birth, or that she met her husband in tennis class mitigates anything for JH, IMO, JMO, MOO

Now Brady is feeling stressed about timing? Maybe that thought could suited her better when defense was going thru the 'baby calendar', or questions about loving JH before he was born?

I feel bad for the Mom, but I just don't get how what she felt before his birth, or that she met her husband in tennis class mitigates anything for JH, IMO, JMO, MOO

I agree with everything you said!

ok, Salinas (arias hometown btw), San Diego & Prairie Dog, then back to San Diego- those 3 towns?

@larryryckman: Jurors watching video of JH with grandmother making gingerbread. He's using a rolling pin. #theatershooting

@larryryckman: "When we're done taking a nap, can we eat all these?" excited JH asks his grandmother in family video when he was a kid. #theatershooting

The questions do not flow very well from the defense side. It takes them more time to get them out.

Also Mrs. Holmes is a slow speaker in the court room, but not on the video tape/clips we are seeing. She is being very careful in speaking.

Shooter watching himself on the video. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438203175.845794.jpg

I don't think GB will take long..no doubt will focus on the last 6 months and emails..won't even go into childhood fond memorabilia with her...That's her, hubby's and sister/daughter Chris's memories..let them have them....No need to drag all that dragged up IMO!!

I don't think GB will take long..no doubt will focus on the last 6 months and emails..won't even go into childhood fond memorabilia with her...That's her and hubby's Chris's memories..let them have them....No need to drag all that dragged up IMO!!

I think Ms Pearson might cross examine the mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member