CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #4 - LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they take a vote to see where everyone stands and all already unanimous yes it's possible. I've served on jury's before.

BUT even so they have so many verdict forms to fill out and betting they all would like to sleep on it until the AM to make sure...ORRRR They want to FINISH and send him off ASAP!! so they can get back to some normality..Course none of them will ever forget what they heard or saw during their 15 weeks listening to such evidence!!

Does Colorado have Counselling available to juror's like in some other States?? They sure deserve it!!

Which State's have made changes to their DP execution's to use of "Firing Squads" because it has been so difficult to obtain the "Lethal Injection" meds??

In a way, that form of execution would be poetic Justice to be forced to endure seeing gun's pointing at him and feel ( If that's possible?) the pain even if only for a moment on his way to be JUDGED in a much higher court!! Just my thought's on that.
:thinking:

I think Utah & Oklahoma are the only two states w/ current legislation allowing the execution of DP inmates by a firing squad. However, several other states are considering changing their legislation to allow the same.

OK never banned it (but did update their legislation many years ago so that it would only be used as a secondary method & UT just enacted legislation to allow it if lethal drugs are unavailable back in March of this year)

Does any one think a verdict will be reached in an hour?

I think it's possible they could agree in an hour (either way), but I think just filling in the verdict forms will take more than an hour! So doubful...but we can hope!

I think Utah & Oklahoma are the only two states w/ current legislation allowing the execution of DP inmates by a firing squad. However, several other states are considering changing their legislation to allow the same.

OK never banned it (but did update their legislation many years ago so that it would only be used as a secondary method & UT just enacted legislation to allow it if lethal drugs are unavailable back in March of this year)

Wow. Here in Cali we have about 745 on death row. No execution since 2002.

I think it's possible they could agree in an hour (either way), but I think just filling in the verdict forms will take more than an hour! So doubful...but we can hope!

I read some jury analyst are predicting Friday afternoon. Which sounds reasonable with this jury.

Channel 7, Denver, Dan Recht, is reporting that he is surprised there was no State rebuttal. This may be a smart move on the State as the Defense was expecting a rebuttal so they could come back with one and give their final 'surprise' (my word) last minute ditch effort.
Since the State did not give a rebuttal, the defense lost their 'surprise' statements.

Channel 7 is surprised this ended so quickly the figured another 1 1/2 hours more of the lawyers.

DB does not think there will be a verdict today, maybe tomorrow. Phase 3 is the hardest to decide. Usually late Friday afternoon verdicts usually happen as the Jury does not like to have to wait the week end, but no one really knows.

Channel 7 seems to favorite the defense, depending on who is giving the interview, but it all they seem to for the defense. JMO

I do not know if there is away to 'view' these videos by Channel 7, Denver, that they do during breaks. Sorry. Hope this helped to give another view.

I'm thinking we will have a verdict tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if the female jurors (9) are smitten with GB. He is a very polished attorney.

The Denver7 legal analyst is saying he was surprised that there was no rebuttal argument, and that Brady might have been caught unaware. I wonder if that was intentional by GB, or if he just felt it wasn't necessary?

ETA - Ms Josie beat me to it (and much more thoroughly

Trial Lover retweeted
Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 8m8 minutes ago
@HaydenTV says about half the folks on the victims' side of the courtroom got up & exited during #theatershooting defense's closing argument

I wonder if the female jurors (9) are smitten with GB. He is a very polished attorney.

1. Mr. B did not rebut in first phase either
2. If Mr. B had chosen to rebut, then defense would have an opportunity to rebut. I think GB made a wise choice.

Thank you! So sweet! I don't mind doing them at all but my brain is fried now lol!

Still don't know how you do all this on a phone!

Trial Lover retweeted
Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 8m8 minutes ago
@HaydenTV says about half the folks on the victims' side of the courtroom got up & exited during #theatershooting defense's closing argument[/QUOTE]

BBM-

oh WOW! That makes a statement!!!!!!!!

If you go to this page

http://www.thedenverchannel.com

At the bottom you can click on email alerts. You can sign up for Breaking News alerts. When the verdict is in you should get an email.

Still don't know how you do all this on a phone!

It's not easy! Sometimes I think I've copied a tweet and when I paste it I find it's the previous tweet I copied and pasted. It happens again and again and I get so stressed lol!

Doubt today . They may want to be fresh and dressed for the post trial interviews after verdict :D

Good day today...no storms here, power didn't go out, didn't loose wifi,

And we don't have to listen to the defense argue any more!!!

I want to thank everyone here I could not read the victims statements, or listen. I get too upset. I am hoping for DP. Tell future gens.? what about the children and parents of the people he killed? I wish all of you were on the jury!! We don't want him free ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove