CO - James Holmes Trial - *Penalty Phase* #4 - LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by LyndyLoo
BUT Policey Men kill MI all the time when they create a threat..no?
Why shouldn't this jury do it the same thing ..because J. was too fearful to challenge the police should he get LWOP on the taxpayer's dime!!

I truly wish she would STOP SCREAMING!!!!

bbm

Good point -- Most of us have seen or read on MSM about LE having to shoot dead someone who is screaming and standing on a downtown corner with a shotgun. Or in a middle-class neighborhood in a front yard of an enraged spouse with a handgun aiming at the other spouse. Sometimes LE truly has no choice -- they can't just walk up to the individual with a pair of handcuffs and say, "Pretty please." Or certainly more recently in the theater where the gunman was shot dead...

The Pros had such a powerful closing!! When he said "kept the 12 pictures from being 100s of photos" I gasped. I can't imagine what could have been, if his plan had gone the way he intended. Makes me sick

Yep, that one got me, too. If that gun had not jammed, how many more, how many more pics would we have just seen? Excellent point, Brauchler. A solid, strong closing.

The Denver7 legal analyst is saying he was surprised that there was no rebuttal argument, and that Brady might have been caught unaware. I wonder if that was intentional by GB, or if he just felt it wasn't necessary?

ETA - Ms Josie beat me to it (and much more thoroughly

I just happened to be listening and posted as he talked!

I think it was intentional. I also think GB knew the Jury had enough. He could 'see' the Jury's faces, we could not.

Doubt today . They may want to be fresh and dressed for the post trial interviews after verdict :D

Yes, you are right! In other trials, everyone knew when the Jury had come to a decision by the way they 'dressed up' when the final decision was given...but this jury may surprise us. We will have to wait and see.

I want to thank everyone here I could not read the victims statements, or listen. I get too upset. I am hoping for DP. Tell future gens.? what about the children and parents of the people he killed? I wish all of you were on the jury!! We don't want him free ever.

Wouldn't we be an awesome jury!! Someone would have to hold my hand during the distressing testimony but apart from that.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@jeffgoldesq: #Theatershooting jury has case. I predict final verdict tomorrow. But remember that a hung jury will mean life. No do-overs like JodiArias

Wouldn't we be an awesome jury!! Someone would have to hold my hand during the distressing testimony but apart from that.......

I was thinking we all would make an awesome Prosecution Team!!!

WS would just make an awesome team no matter what!

I just happened to be listening and posted as he talked!

I think it was intentional. I also think GB knew the Jury had enough. He could 'see' the Jury's faces, we could not.

I agree - GB seems to have a much better 'read' of the jury, Brady (and all the defense) don't seem to know when to stop, IMO

I really liked when GB went thru each victim & noted personal things about each one to the jury.

I disliked the most- Brady's delivery & tone. Also when Brady told the jury 'he was delusional & psychotic & wasn't mentally culpable'- knowing full well the jury found him culpable.
And also when she asked for 'Mercy' for him, even tho he had no mercy & he gave DP to his victims!
Also, when she said she was sorry & had sympathy for the victims & families. That was not her place to do that!!! He should have said that! IMO

@jeffgoldesq: #Theatershooting jury has case. I predict final verdict tomorrow. But remember that a hung jury will mean life. No do-overs like JodiArias

Oh good, no do-overs...I do not want to do that again. The felon really enjoyed more TV time and so did her family!

Trial Lover retweeted
Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 8m8 minutes ago
@HaydenTV says about half the folks on the victims' side of the courtroom got up & exited during #theatershooting defense's closing argument

I remember seeing a bunch of the prosecution team turn around & couldn't figure out why. That must of been when they got up & left.

@CarolAMcKinley: Almost entire victims' side of courtroom, including Ashley Moser in her wheelchair, filed out 1 by 1 as defense started.

@larryryckman: In previous deliberations, jurors indicated they would work from 8:30 a.m. til 4:30 p.m. That gives them 20 minutes today. #theatershooting

@CarolAMcKinley: Almost entire victims' side of courtroom, including Ashley Moser in her wheelchair, filed out 1 by 1 as defense started.

BOOM. That must have been powerful to the jury.

I know some Judges have said the public has to stay in place until the end. Judge S, the way he spoke to the public, saying if they could not handle what was said they were free to leave. Well, the family members and victims did use this statement to the fullest and it was so noted by everyone! I am proud of them for making a quiet by very pointed statement.

Ugh, listening to the @7 replay of Brady closing, can't blame the victim's families for wanting to leave. Shouting about how we all can say 'there but for the grace of God, go I' because we dont have JH schizophrenia. No Brady, there but for the grace of God am I grateful that your client didn't shoot me or my children when we felt we were safe in a movie theater. Horrible, IMO!

I continually heard a door open and close quietly..no fan fare..BUT It started with Brady's yelling initially and continued throughout her "Pity" and Mercy pleas to that jury...I wish I could have watched the faces of that jury..BUT she could..So just maybe she thought by YELLING she could move just one of them to the "Feeling Guilty" side and vote NO for DP??

Who knows?? because even I feel where a law prevails that IF a crime reaches such a heinous level plus the defendant is so obviously callous and really doesn't give a care about what he did..means Death Penalty!! He truly hasn't shown any remorse and doesn't even speak to remorse for what he did ( and he is on meds now!)

I'd be very surprised if Decision doesn't come back tomorrow!!

I know some Judges have said the public has to stay in place until the end. Judge S, the way he spoke to the public, saying if they could not handle what was said they were free to leave. Well, the family members and victims did use this statement to the fullest and it was so noted by everyone! I am proud of them for making a quiet by very pointed statement.
During the reading of the verdicts, Judge S asked the gallery to stay in their seats until the end. That most likely will be the case again during the reading of the final verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem