GUILTY CO - Jason Midyette, 2 mos, beaten to death, Boulder, 24 Feb 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Me? Nah.....I just hang around with the most brilliant brains on these two cases and they tend to rub off on me, but wow - how nice it is to receive a compliment - and on a Friday!

Pshaw! You have a keen (not Keenan lol) mind, don't sell yourself short. We know better ;)

OMG - KeenanLacy Tracey! If this violation would have happened while she was still in office, she would have granted Alex a quickie divorce, performed the marriage ceremony for the new couple, and had them flown First Class to Tailand for a Honeymoon!!!

Have I mentioned just how happy I am that she is finally gone?! :dance:
:Banane45::Banane45::Banane45:

OMG - KeenanLacy Tracey! If this violation would have happened while she was still in office, she would have granted Alex a quickie divorce, performed the marriage ceremony for the new couple, and had them flown First Class to Tailand for a Honeymoon!!!

Have I mentioned just how happy I am that she is finally gone?! :dance:
:Banane45::Banane45::Banane45:
LMAO!!!! So true. Plus, she would have flown her pal JR in for the wedding, too ;)

Everyone is glad she's gone-except murderous parents. Speaking of Thailand, wonder how Karr is these days? No more freebie flights for him now.

BOULDER, Colo. — Convicted child abuser Alex Midyette is asking for a new judge, alleging that the $10 million bond set in his bond-violation case is "the highest bond amount ever set" for that type of violation in Boulder County and claiming the court "has lost its sense of fairness and balance in this case."

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/mar/31/alex-midyette-new-judge-boulder-child-abuse/

Unreal. Hope he gets a new judge that's even more heavy handed if it's granted. :boohoo:

Judge won’t step down in Alex Midyette's child abuse case
Father to be sentenced Monday
BOULDER, Colo. — The judge in Alex Midyette’s child abuse case will not step down, she said in a Monday ruling.

Boulder County District Judge Lael Montgomery, who is scheduled to sentence Midyette next week for his role in the 2006 death of his 11-week-old son, ruled that the defendant hasn’t proven she displayed an unfair prejudice toward him.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/apr/13/alex-midyette-boulder-child-abuse-judge-montgomery/

BOULDER, Colo. — The judge in Alex Midyette’s child abuse case has denied a request to postpone his sentencing hearing, which is scheduled for Monday.

Boulder County District Judge Lael Montgomery ruled that despite Midyette’s March 20 arrest on an alleged bond violation — which came a month after a jury convicted him of criminally negligent child abuse in the 2006 death of his 11-week-old son — his legal team won’t get more time to prepare for his sentencing.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/apr/15/judge-denies-midyette-motion-postpone-sentencing/

BOULDER, Colo. — In a last-ditch appeal Friday, Alex Midyette’s defense attorney convinced a judge to postpone his client’s sentencing, saying the convicted child abuser has “profound” learning disabilities that need to be evaluated first.

Midyette, 29, was found guilty by a jury in February of criminally negligent child abuse resulting in the death of his 11-week-old son. In an about face Friday, Boulder County District Judge Lael Montgomery agreed to move his sentencing hearing from Monday to May 15, noting that prosecutors had no objection.

Defense attorney Paul McCormick, whose request for a delay earlier this week had been immediately denied, wrote in a new motion Friday that he hasn’t had time to present the Boulder County Probation Department with evidence making the case for placing Midyette in a community-based corrections program rather than prison. He said Midyette’s disabilities should be evaluated by the department before it finalizes a pre-sentence investigation report, which contains recommendations for how Midyette should be punished.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/apr/17/midyette-sentencing-moved-may-15/

BOULDER, Colo. — In a last-ditch appeal Friday, Alex Midyette’s defense attorney convinced a judge to postpone his client’s sentencing, saying the convicted child abuser has “profound” learning disabilities that need to be evaluated first.

Midyette, 29, was found guilty by a jury in February of criminally negligent child abuse resulting in the death of his 11-week-old son. In an about face Friday, Boulder County District Judge Lael Montgomery agreed to move his sentencing hearing from Monday to May 15, noting that prosecutors had no objection.

Defense attorney Paul McCormick, whose request for a delay earlier this week had been immediately denied, wrote in a new motion Friday that he hasn’t had time to present the Boulder County Probation Department with evidence making the case for placing Midyette in a community-based corrections program rather than prison. He said Midyette’s disabilities should be evaluated by the department before it finalizes a pre-sentence investigation report, which contains recommendations for how Midyette should be punished.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/apr/17/midyette-sentencing-moved-may-15/

:shakehead::shakehead: Oh boy...they really are stretching aren't they? Widdle Alex surely does not need his MBA to reside in a cell 24-7? :)

I could NOT be a defense attorney...no way I could do all the "stuff" they do, say some of the stoopid things they do with a straight face! :crazy:

I lmao at a comment at the end of the story. Kudos to Flang who stated this:

Posted by Flang on April 17, 2009 at 5:16 p.m. (Suggest removal)

I hope the delay was actually granted because the judge is busy researching "the number of years in eternity" for the actual sentence. :clap:
(Snipped)

They are grasping at straws. They know Apeman is going away for a long time. Maybe they're going to claim that he didn't earn his MBA, daddy warbucks bought that for him too?

Spamelope- :blowkiss:
You made my weekend!!! :woohoo::woohoo:Believe me, I PERSONALLY needed that chuckle your post brought me. "Alex has "profound" learning disabilities and would like to in a community-based corrections program rather than prison. He said Midyette’s disabilities should be evaluated by the department before it finalizes a pre-sentence investigation report, which contains recommendations for how Midyette should be punished." -Snipped from Spamelope's post

Oh Alex, you poor pathetic piece of crap that you are~WHEN will you realize that the ONLY learning disability you have is that you are a CONVICTED, PATHETIC, CHILD ABUSER/KILLER and too much of a punk to face the music in prison?????? :behindbar :dervish:

This is one of the up-sides to all of the sad news we read here at WS. I get a kick (please, no dis-respect to baby Jason Midyette in ANY way whatsoever) out of the guilty when they act so tough and BIG and BAD in court and before trial, and then they USUALLY end up waddling away with their tails hanging when they face the music and end up having to live in PC for the rest of their lives. I understand PC is there for a reason, but it seems VERY easy to qualify (most can just say they are scared for their lives or ARE truly threatened/harassed. We ALL know that baby killers/abusers dont rate too high on the popularity charts in the pen. Gosh, I love that saying, 'An eye for an eye'..........

AM is an EVIL monster, IMO, and NEEDS to be incarcerated in a locked down facility. He is a ticking time bomb and I am SOO thankful that his new GF found out what a monster he was. How could she NOT know who he was or the fact he had major legal trouble ahead? He is NOT good looking, IMO, so was she in it for the party supplies that he seemed to always have? How could she allow those children to be around him and play with him, knowing what he was convicted of ? I have heard NOTHING but nice things about this woman (will keep name out since I havent seen it posted a lot here), yet how DUMB can she be? Every comment and blog I've read about her has positive things to say about her charicter(sp?). :waitasec:

Hopefully AM will keep that bottom bunk for the duration of his stay in the big house. I hear it makes it easier for people to come and tuck him in at night and give him a kiss goodnight like mommy and daddy would...:eek:ther_beatingA_Dead. Sorry, I couldnt help that one :shutup:.

Boy, he is sure working that wheelchair- Im sure its to keep him in the medical ward where its not so 'rough and scary for AM. Anyone know how he broke his foot? He probably threw a fit when they picked him up and he broke it kicking the squad car...hehe . Anyways, he looks 'scared to death' and PALE as he sits looking frail in his chair- Hope he feels a BIG taste of what Jason had to go thru with all those broken bones!!! He is a BIG BULLY!!!

Sorry y'all for the rant- felt good to get it out!!!!!

http://www.coloradodaily.com/news/2009/may/15/midyette-sentencing-nears/

"Judge Montgomery is addressing Alex Midyette.

“This has been a tragedy,” Montgomery said. “I agree completely that he loved his baby.”

“But I’m basing this sentence on what I heard during trial,” she continued. “What I heard and what I saw was negligence that was woven throughout the entirety of this child’s life.”

Midyette is visibly agitated, moving in his chair."

:boohoo:

http://www.coloradodaily.com/news/2009/may/15/midyette-sentencing-nears/

"Judge Montgomery is addressing Alex Midyette.

“This has been a tragedy,” Montgomery said. “I agree completely that he loved his baby.”

“But I’m basing this sentence on what I heard during trial,” she continued. “What I heard and what I saw was negligence that was woven throughout the entirety of this child’s life.”

Midyette is visibly agitated, moving in his chair."

:boohoo:

RR, did you read his statement to the court in The Daily Camera? If not, be sure to have a barf bag handy, because you'll need it.

I really wasn't expecting the judge to give him this much time, but I am glad she did.

BTW, Alex's attorney made it clear that Alex and Molly's marriage is over!

Alex Midyette was sentenced to 16 years in prison this afternoon for neglecting his 11-week-old son, Jason Jay Midyette, as the child lay dying.

Boulder District Judge Lael Montgomery handed down the sentence after Midyette's family unsuccessfully argued for "compassion and mercy."

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_12379991?source=pkg

Note: The wife also got 16 years.

The sad thing is he may be innocent. When I was a social worker we took into care a baby with several broken bones. While in care the baby suffered more broken bones in the home of our best baby foster home. We took the child to Children's Hospital where the baby was diagnosed with a brittle bone disease. All the baby had to do was roll over or move to break a bone. This could be a great miscarriage of justice.

The sad thing is he may be innocent. When I was a social worker we took into care a baby with several broken bones. While in care the baby suffered more broken bones in the home of our best baby foster home. We took the child to Children's Hospital where the baby was diagnosed with a brittle bone disease. All the baby had to do was roll over or move to break a bone. This could be a great miscarriage of justice.

Ummmm . . . only if Jason Midyette also had osteogenesis imperfecta. An easily diagnosed medical problem, an obvious one during an autopsy. This is a long-time-coming great TRIUMPH of justice.

BOULDER, Colo. (Crime Library) — Boulder District Attorney Mary Lacy is dragging her feet in the case of the brutal beating death of 10-week-old Jason Midyette, and, worse still, her hesitation may make any future prosecution of the case more difficult, according to two experts.

~snip~

More at:
http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/1106/0303_mydette_death.html

Although this is an old case and Mary Lacy is no longer D.A. this is no surprise.

Mary Lacy will go down in Boulder history as the worst D.A. ever.

She is responsible for the John Mark Carr/JonBenet fiasco.

She is famous for trying to help criminals first.

Thank God she is no longer the D.A.

Although this is an old case and Mary Lacy is no longer D.A. this is no surprise.

Mary Lacy will go down in Boulder history as the worst D.A. ever.

She is responsible for the John Mark Carr/JonBenet fiasco.

She is famous for trying to help criminals first.

Thank God she is no longer the D.A.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:Tricia, the thanks button just wasn't enough! I totally agree with you about Lacy and every debacle she is responsible for. Thank God indeed!

Molly Midyette, the 'mother' ( :floorlaugh: ) of baby Jason is claiming that she was too abused to defend herself at trial.

Link :maddening:

Here is a much longer article in the Boulder Daily Camera detailing Molly Midyette's (maiden name Molly Bowers) bid for sympathy and a new trial. Includes updates on the trial and statements from both sides (defense & prosecution)

They say Molly Midyette was so intimidated by her in-laws that she couldn't tell her own attorney at the time, Truman, about her growing suspicion that Alex Midyette had caused their child's death.

“She had conflicted loyalties,” Truman said. “She was trying her best to help us [her attorney's], but her living situation, her money, her cars, everything, was controlled by the Midyette family. She was trying to balance those things.”

"It's not unusual, after a person is convicted, to come up with allegations against a co-defendant, and I think that's exactly what we're seeing here," Senior Chief Deputy District Attorney Eva Wilson told the court during opening statements.

BTW, Alex (Alexander) Midyette is serving his time at the Trinidad Correctional Facility and Molly is at the La Vista Correctional Facility.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back