GUILTY CO - Jason Midyette, 2 mos, beaten to death, Boulder, 24 Feb 2006

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yep, we were all shocked weren't we? I am surprised she didn't let Michael Bell out of prison while she was in office. He's the guy who escaped prison and went on a killing spree in Boulder County. Alex Hunter convinced the family that the death penalty would be too hard to get against him, so Bell took a deal of four consecutive life sentences (if my memory is correct). I am sure Lacy thinks he's reformed also.

Michael Bell was chilling. Who has the cajones to go up to a bunch of men who were shooting and get them to turn over their guns? I lived in the mountains at the time, and while he was on his rampage was the only time I locked the doors.
Sid Wells' murder was another example of "epic fail".

Hope you have your pop-corn ready spamelope :) I will check in tomorrow to see what happens. He is such a time bomb, I hope he gets mad and shows the jury what he is really about. Im sure jurors have heard about his rage in the past (shhh...at least I hope they have).
No doubt he will lose it again. That pic of him going off during Molly's trial is classic. The photographer outdid himself on that one.

No doubt he will lose it again. That pic of him going off during Molly's trial is classic. The photographer outdid himself on that one.

Yeah, thats definitly one that deserves a prize. I think Alex deseerves a prize too- A 1-way ticket to gen pop for 25-life to match Molly's. I'm sure they are anxiously awaiting his arrival :eek:

I do not agree that she was completely at fault, but with the pre-existing conditions, she knew something, if not her hubby's temper. She was a smart, college educated woman. I believe they got caught up in drugs and went too far- What a shame!!!!

Justice for JASON!!!!

Let's not forget good guy Kolbe Bryant......:rolleyes:

WHY anyone in America woud commit a crime anywhere but in Boulder amazes me!!!

Dr. Patrick Barnes, a pediatric neuroradiologist and child abuse expert from Stanford University, listed for the jury Friday morning the various symptoms Jason Midyette showed that confirmed for him the baby didn't die of abuse but from a metabolic disease.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/feb/06/midyette-trial-blog-doctor-outlines-symptoms-disea/

More paid experts testifying today.

WTF???? I apologize for that, but that poor baby suffered so much, he doesnt deserve this!! What about the ripped gums in that babys mouth? Thats not metabolic, it is abuse. I found this in the official grand jury indictment: edited for space

" Kay received a call from Alex prior to 2/2/06 where Alex expressed 'concern' about bleeding from Jasons gums. Moly later told Kay about a 2nd bleed from his gums while giving him a pacifier. They BOTH LIED to Kay and said the doctor examined him with a metal probe and said he was 'fine' since it did not pentrate all the way throught the gum. The doctor later testified that not only did they not ask about the gums, but they also said they would NEVER use a metal probe in an infant's mouth." :confused:

I cant imagine how much Alex's dad paid that doctor to say it was definately metabollic. Im sure a PRETTY PENNY! They dont realize they are making a mockery of the medical field by doing this crap. Kinda reminds me of the A case as far as the dynamics between Parents/children/covering up/living in denial about what their monster if a child has really done. My nephew died of metabollic syndrome, and he sufferred NOTHING even close to what Jason did. May they both RIP.

I hope Alex and Molly have EXTREME NIGHTMARES and are haunted for the rest of their lives. IMOO :behindbar :eek:

http://web.dailycamera.com/pdf/0508midyette.pdf

Page 10, paragraph 30
WARNING: VERY GRAFFIC

PS- Sorry about the rant- I just cant stand LIARS!!!!!!! :blowkiss:

Attachments

My thoughts...

I started to read this thread as it was in the *new Posts* section..
I started to feel sick whilst reading them, and decided NOT to click the links, not to read the autopsy report
There is only so much child abuse I can read in a period of time.
Them my interest was peaked with talk of Boulder and JBR
Question : is there a connection in any way between the cases ?

Then I skipped through to the last page and saw the links in regards to metabolic condition, brittle bone disease..
I had my interest peaked , because whilst writing my blog I had come across a case where the parents , the mother , was accused of horrific child abuse , but it was infact brittle bone disease , the children were taken off her and despite her ending up proving that this child did in fact have that , her children had been officially adopted and she could not get them back.

So I was curious as to whether there was any truth in this, but I read a few of the links and to start with I was thinking oh no maybe there was some truth in this, but then no, I read the friends testimony, I read how the parents did cocaine, the father dropped the baby to his wife and other things that made my hair stand on end.

So is this the new defence for abusers ? Brittle Bone disease ?

And what about these experts ? how can they get up and lie BOLD FACED LIE and allow people to get off by telling such lies - do they have no conscience ?
what about the code that doctors take ?

I cant read the autopsy report, I just cant, My heart cant take anymore sadness at the moment, there is just too much of it being inflicted on our babies and children in this world at the moment. I need to bring some happiness into my heart to battle the sadness that these stories bring from these people who are beyond my understanding

God Bless Little Jason

Hugs to you Jane. Go find some sunshine.

Salem

Alex Midyette's mega-rich father owns the building where John Ramsey's Acess Grapics office was.

Alex Midyette's mega-rich father owns the building where John Ramsey's Acess Grapics office was.

So does this dude Alex have the B E S T Legal help provided by his very rich father then ?

Are any of the people connected to the JBR Case involved with this Case ?

I guess we can count small blessings (make that big) in that there is a NEW DA in town !

Hi RR,
I have read quite a few of your posts and only know that you were very involved in Jon Benet's case. Do you think they have any connections? IIRC, you said earlier that they werent at the Christmas party the Ramseys held that year.

I know its seems Im rambling, but what Im trying to say, is "Is there somekind of silence/cover-up for the rich in Boulder, or even CO in general? I do admit I know nothing but what is posted in the national news about it, but it sure seems if you have money and you want a crime to go unpunished, go to Colorado? :waitasec: Do you possibly think this could be true? TIA for your input- I appreciate your knowledge and figured you would know :)

So does this dude Alex have the B E S T Legal help provided by his very rich father then ?

Are any of the people connected to the JBR Case involved with this Case ?

I guess we can count small blessings (make that big) in that there is a NEW DA in town !

Hi Jane,

I know this case is disturbing, (as it is to ALL of us), but if you are inteested in some details from his friens and locals, read the comments at the lik below. They are definately on to the Midyette's $$ power, and are disgusted. Good read, IMO.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/feb/06/midyette-trial-blog-doctor-outlines-symptoms-disea/

please see comments below article :)

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/feb/12/midyette-trial-blog-jury-receiving-instructions-ju/

Closing arguments today. Prosecution had closing this morning. Jury should have case by this afternoon late.

Thanks for the update less! I cant wait to hear GUILTY,GUILTY,GUILTY!!!!!!! Hopefully they will dish him a FULL SENTENCE like they did Molly- I do believe that he had a LOT more to do with the abuse, but Molly is college educated, hopefully had that 'mother's instinct' (when they werent too high) and IMHO, has babysat more than one kid in her lifetime to know that something wasnt right with that baby-

BTW- While Im on my rant- WTF would granny Midyette PHOTOSHOP bruises off that babies face to try and save her son's butt? She should be ashamed of herself! :mad: They ALL should, IMHO.

Hi RR,
I have read quite a few of your posts and only know that you were very involved in Jon Benet's case. Do you think they have any connections? IIRC, you said earlier that they werent at the Christmas party the Ramseys held that year.

I know its seems Im rambling, but what Im trying to say, is "Is there somekind of silence/cover-up for the rich in Boulder, or even CO in general? I do admit I know nothing but what is posted in the national news about it, but it sure seems if you have money and you want a crime to go unpunished, go to Colorado? :waitasec: Do you possibly think this could be true? TIA for your input- I appreciate your knowledge and figured you would know :)

The Midyette's were not at the Ramsey Christmas Party although that wouldn't have surprised me now if they had been.

And no - you are not rambling - you are on the right track! Only in Boulder can a wealthy family beat their child to death with either no charges or a small child abuse trial. If you can, please find a copy of the book blowing the whistle from former Detective Steve Thomas. In there, more revelations besides how the Ramsey case was manipulated by the people elected to serve and PROTECT the citizens of Boulder are documented.

Now, I will sit and wait, scared to death, for this verdict to come back in and pray that some justice for Jason will be attained.

"UPDATE: 5:12 p.m.

No verdict will be announced in Alex Midyette's child abuse trial until Tuesday at the earliest.

The 12 jurors gathered in Court Room 4 at the Denver City & County Building late Friday afternoon to tell Boulder District Judge Lael Montgomery that they would reconvene at 9 a.m. Tuesday to resume deliberations in the closely watched case.

Court is closed Monday due to the federal holiday.

Earlier Friday, Montgomery had informed the jury that it had the option of returning to the courthouse Saturday to deliberate, but jurors chose to take the long weekend off." :furious:

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/feb/12/jury-has-midyette-case/

This is how unconcerned Boulderites can be! This is a Murdered Baby awaiting Justice, yet they would rather have a three day weekend rather than perform their duty by finishing deliberations and hand down the long overdue verdict for Angry Alex!!!

Midyette guilty of lesser charge
DENVER – A Denver jury found Alex Midyette guilty today of criminally negligent child abuse in the death of his 11-week-old son nearly three years ago, putting an end to one of the most closely watched criminal cases in recent Boulder County history.

The jury of seven women and five men, who took two days to arrive at their verdict, spared the 29-year-old son of a wealthy Boulder architect and landlord of the most serious charge of knowing and reckless child abuse.

The knowing and reckless charge carries a prison range of 16 to 48 years, while the lesser charge Midyette was ultimately convicted of carries a presumptive range of four to 16 years in prison.
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/feb/17/midyette-jury-deliberating-second-day/

I am so sad. :(
RIP Jason

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88