GUILTY CO - Jason Midyette, 2 mos, beaten to death, Boulder, 24 Feb 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://cbs4denver.com/local/midyette.jason.molly.2.615089.html

According to local news, today Molly Midyette testified why she took her son into the doctor's office rather than the ER.

Molly Midyette is charged with fatal child abuse in the 2006 death of 10-week-old Jason Midyette, who had a head injury and more than 30 broken bones. Prosecutors accuse her of waiting too long to get medical help for Jason.

Midyette said she and Alex Midyette, her husband and Jason's father, went to Dr. Jill Siegfried's office because they thought they would have a long wait with a lot of paper work at an emergency room.

"It seemed like the faster option with Jill," she said. "They had all information, and all we had to do is pay copay and go to Jill's office."

"Molly Midyette called an e-mail she wrote days after Jason' birth a "very goofy, very embarrassing thing."

The e-mail, written to a former boyfriend read: "I'm in the hospital right now (your favorite place). I got in a real bad car accident (not my fault)."

It detailed injuries Molly said she sustained in the accident, including a punctured lung and broken ribs. She reported she needed 45 stitches on her belly.

"All that working out and the bikini body has a scar," the e-mail said.

There was no mention of her Cesarean section or her son Jason in the e-mail.

:liar:

"I had put on so much weight while pregnant and had some serious body image issues," she told jurors. "I was terrified of how I looked."

Midyette said that she and her old boyfriend were still friends, and she sent him the e-mail for some reassurance. She used the description of car crash, she said, because that is how she felt her body had been through during the pregnancy.

"It was really dumb, really embarrassing thing to do," she said. "It's hard for me to describe. I just felt like I looked disgusting."

Midyette told jurors that he responded, made a light joke and told her to hang in there.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2007/dec/20/trial-blog-headline-here/#comments

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2007/dec/22/molly-midyette-guilty-my-life-is-over/

"What's next for Molly Midyette: She will be held at the Boulder County Jail -- and not be allowed to bond out -- until her Feb. 29 sentencing hearing. At that hearing, Judge Lael Montgomery will sentence her to between 16 and 48 years of prison. Midyette will then be sent to a Department of Corrections facility in Denver, where officials will decide at which security-level prison she will serve her sentence. Because her conviction is considered a "crime of violence," she will have to serve 75 percent of her sentence before she is eligible for parole."

One Down, One To Go! And Daddy knows it!

Attachments

• alexsmall_t600.jpg
    alexsmall_t600.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 310
BOULDER — A screaming Alexander Midyette was hurried out of the courtroom Friday evening after a jury found his wife guilty of child abuse resulting in the death of their 10-week-old son, Jason.

“This is bull----,” he yelled. “She didn’t do anything, you f------ a-------.”

Deputies rushed to clear the courtroom at the judge’s order after a red-faced Alexander Midyette began screaming and pulling at his hair.

As deputies and his supporters hurried him from the courtroom, Midyette yelled over his shoulder to Louisville Police Detective Jessica Steele, accusing her of lies.

Minutes earlier, supporters of Alexander and Molly Midyette began to cry as Boulder District Judge Lael Montgomery read the verdict at about 6:45 p.m. A woman yelled at reporters that they “better write something nice.”

http://www.timescall.com/news_story.asp?ID=5356

Attachments

• 122207t3b.jpg
    122207t3b.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 307
Thanks for the updates, RiverRat.

That last image of Alex is pretty scary.

I was looking for Steve's thoughts on this latest development but not sure I'm at the right place over there! He's on hiatus, so maybe he'll pop in later here.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2007/dec/22/molly-midyette-guilty-my-life-is-over/

"What's next for Molly Midyette: She will be held at the Boulder County Jail -- and not be allowed to bond out -- until her Feb. 29 sentencing hearing. At that hearing, Judge Lael Montgomery will sentence her to between 16 and 48 years of prison. Midyette will then be sent to a Department of Corrections facility in Denver, where officials will decide at which security-level prison she will serve her sentence. Because her conviction is considered a "crime of violence," she will have to serve 75 percent of her sentence before she is eligible for parole."

One Down, One To Go! And Daddy knows it!

The rage in his face is startling and the poor baby was the brunt of it until he died.

After seeing the photo of baby Jason as he was hooked up to the life support system and now seeing the above picture of his father, I am even more livid that Alex is not charged with murder. :banghead:

Betcha his rage subsides and he regrets his outburst that Molly did not do anything when his trial rolls around and he tries to save his own butt. Maybe he does not understand that Molly is headed for prison BECAUSE she did not do anything....like stopping his abuse....like heading straight for the Emergency Room?! :doh:

http://dailycamera.com/news/2007/dec/22/legal-experts-say-verdict-vindicates-justice/

"The conviction of Molly Midyette, Grant said, also sends a message about the way the judicial system works.

"I think one of the undercurrents of this case is that these have been well-heeled, well-connected people," he said. "Some folks probably thought, 'Here's another rich person getting off.' This shows the justice system is sort of blind to those issues."

:waitasec:

Well, RR, I guess we were wrong about Molly getting off! Thank goodness! Now, if we can get Alex in jail, that would be the icing on the cake!!!!

Justice for Jason!!!!!

I was looking for Steve's thoughts on this latest development but not sure I'm at the right place over there! He's on hiatus, so maybe he'll pop in later here.

That's one less shallow, evil person running free. I'll be really happy to hear about Alex Midyette's life sentence without parole, though. He's a rage-filled psychopath, is my bet, and he feels no responsibility for what he did.

I broke this story for the Crime Library, and from the get-go I knew both parents were messed-up somehow, and I also knew that they would think their money could help them out. It's good to see that's not what's going on, so far.

And I want to know more about Alex's past. I'm certain he hasn't only been violent with the child. I hope people have scrutinized his activities in the past very closely.

Let's remember that Alex's Daddy knew the Ramseys. He was John's business landlord. I've always wanted to know just how well the families knew each other. Did they socialize, or anything, stuff like that. Violent, rage-filled psychopath Alex would have been in his midteens at the time.

Just saying I'm curious, is all.

Steve/Mr. A

That's one less shallow, evil person running free. I'll be really happy to hear about Alex Midyette's life sentence without parole, though. He's a rage-filled psychopath, is my bet, and he feels no responsibility for what he did.

I broke this story for the Crime Library, and from the get-go I knew both parents were messed-up somehow, and I also knew that they would think their money could help them out. It's good to see that's not what's going on, so far.

And I want to know more about Alex's past. I'm certain he hasn't only been violent with the child. I hope people have scrutinized his activities in the past very closely.

Let's remember that Alex's Daddy knew the Ramseys. He was John's business landlord. I've always wanted to know just how well the families knew each other. Did they socialize, or anything, stuff like that. Violent, rage-filled psychopath Alex would have been in his midteens at the time.

Steve/Mr. A

Wow! I didn't know that. Can this be checked out? This is certainly an avenue that hasn't been considered since it is the first anyone (me,at least) knew of the connection.

Steve/Mr. A

:woohoo: Curious is a start!!

Well, RR, I guess we were wrong about Molly getting off! Thank goodness! Now, if we can get Alex in jail, that would be the icing on the cake!!!!

Justice for Jason!!!!!

This is one I can handle being wrong on, Tezzie! I have a gut feeling though that Molly is the sacrificial lamb here so we have to keep on top of this one! :blowkiss:

Wow - I'm curious too.

BTW, what's stopping Alex from fleeing the country before he goes to trial? He's not being held, right?

emmcee

Attorneys say a woman convicted in the death of her infant son say she should get a new trial because she was threatened and coerced by her husband, her father-in-law and their lawyer.....

She claims the Midyette family tried to obstruct the grand jury proceedings in the case in late 2006, when Alex Midyette's attorney, Paul McCormick, talked to several witnesses before and after their testimonies.

Molly Midyette also claims Alex Midyette's mother, Kay, altered a photo depicting injuries of the baby's eyelid and lied to the grand jury about it.

The motion also states Alex Midyette repeatedly threatened Molly Midyette and the well-being of her parents leading up to the trial. Molly Midyette claims Alex's father, J. Nold Midyette, told her not to talk about Alex to her attorney. She says she was told if she did, she could be punished by losing her job, her car, her house and the remains of her son.

"I have never seen anything like the claims being brought by Molly Midyette's attorney," said 9NEWS legal analyst Scott Robinson. "Grand jury tampering, witness intimidation, bribery of witnesses, if even half of what is alleged is true, then Molly Midyette has a good chance of getting a new trial."

The motion claims that during the trial, Midyette family members were in court "texting real-time information back to Midyette headquarters via computer, allowing Alex Midyette, who was waiting outside the courtroom, to confront Molly Midyette at recesses or during lunch breaks."

More at link: http://www.9news.com/news/top-article.aspx?storyid=88318

I wonder what will happen now?

Attorneys say a woman convicted in the death of her infant son say she should get a new trial because she was threatened and coerced by her husband, her father-in-law and their lawyer.....

She claims the Midyette family tried to obstruct the grand jury proceedings in the case in late 2006, when Alex Midyette's attorney, Paul McCormick, talked to several witnesses before and after their testimonies.

Molly Midyette also claims Alex Midyette's mother, Kay, altered a photo depicting injuries of the baby's eyelid and lied to the grand jury about it.

The motion also states Alex Midyette repeatedly threatened Molly Midyette and the well-being of her parents leading up to the trial. Molly Midyette claims Alex's father, J. Nold Midyette, told her not to talk about Alex to her attorney. She says she was told if she did, she could be punished by losing her job, her car, her house and the remains of her son.

"I have never seen anything like the claims being brought by Molly Midyette's attorney," said 9NEWS legal analyst Scott Robinson. "Grand jury tampering, witness intimidation, bribery of witnesses, if even half of what is alleged is true, then Molly Midyette has a good chance of getting a new trial."

The motion claims that during the trial, Midyette family members were in court "texting real-time information back to Midyette headquarters via computer, allowing Alex Midyette, who was waiting outside the courtroom, to confront Molly Midyette at recesses or during lunch breaks."

OMG! Well, I hope she testifies against him when he goes on trial. Can you say divorce?

I am just speechless. RR, where are you?

OMG! Well, I hope she testifies against him when he goes on trial. Can you say divorce?

I am just speechless. RR, where are you?

Oh, I'm here.....just waiting to see if Molly gets to stay The Patsy or not!

Why do I find none of the above surprising? Just don't. Sounds exactly like the portrait of Alex and the Midyette family that I developed when I first looked into the story.

Steve

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teemariee
Back