GUILTY CO - Jason Midyette, 2 mos, beaten to death, Boulder, 24 Feb 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't believe it took this long for DA Mary to arrest these monsters! Isn't one of them the kid of some wealthy family in Boulder?

Poor little baby...:(

oh my. I can't believe they did that to a 10 week old baby.:razz: May God bless that little one.:(

I've never heard of these people or this case. That poor little guy. People have to be evil in order to do things like that to a tiny new born baby. It is just horrible. Anyone want to go with me while I swing a baseball bat at both of their heads :furious:

I've never heard of these people or this case. That poor little guy. People have to be evil in order to do things like that to a tiny new born baby. It is just horrible. Anyone want to go with me while I swing a baseball bat at both of their heads :furious:

you betcha..

About danged time. I started Crime Library's coverage of this case, as I was already wondering in July of 2006 why there'd been no arrest. I did a blog entry about this development tonight, and included a story I was sent by a person who alleges he was assaulted by Alex Midyette in 1997:

http://crimeblog.us/?p=409

I almost made a morbid joke about wondering where the teenaged Alex was in December, 1996. His daddy J. Nold Midyette was, after all, the landlord for John Ramsey's Access Graphics. But I decided not to go there... yet. The Ramseys may not have known the Midyettes outside of that arrangement.

Either way, I still see a few -- and I emphasize, just a few -- parallels between JonBenet and JJ.

Steve/Mister A.

About danged time. I started Crime Library's coverage of this case, as I was already wondering in July of 2006 why there'd been no arrest. I did a blog entry about this development tonight, and included a story I was sent by a person who alleges he was assaulted by Alex Midyette in 1997:

http://crimeblog.us/?p=409

I almost made a morbid joke about wondering where the teenaged Alex was in December, 1996. His daddy J. Nold Midyette was, after all, the landlord for John Ramsey's Access Graphics. But I decided not to go there... yet. The Ramseys may not have known the Midyettes outside of that arrangement.

Either way, I still see a few -- and I emphasize, just a few -- parallels between JonBenet and JJ.

Steve/Mister A.

Please, please, please put those parallels together for total enlightment.

Thank goodness! It is great that they finally indicted these two. I don't understand how anyone could harm a defenseless little baby.

Thank goodness! I have kept up on every update from Crime Library since the story broke.

I had read something that the father was very upset at the hospital and that the mother was more concerned for her marriage than the welfare of her own child.
Leads me to believe she was the abuser and was worried the husband would leave her. Although, broken bones in different stages of healing would say he had to know about the abuse.
From the autopsy report, it appears there was no visible exterior injuries to baby Jason.
I am happy they finally arrested them.

Please, please, please put those parallels together for total enlightment.

Like I said, there are just a few -- but both children were from good families with money, both children may or may not have fallen prey to their own parents (I'm on record everywhere as not being one who thinks the Ramseys did it, but there's still plenty of people who do think so), both children's murders were subject to a long drawn-out investigation by the Boulder authorities. A fruitless investigation for JonBenet, apparently a successful-enough investigation for JJ.

Differences are major, too -- JJ was an infant and not the victim of a sex crime, and JonBenet was in school already and may have been the victim of a sex crime. The Ramseys initially appeared to cooperate with the investigation before unchaining the lawyers, the Midyettes were super-quick on the draw with representation.

There are other ties, some of them cause & effect -- I have to think that the fiasco of Boulder's investigation into JonBenet's murder influenced the handling of the Midyette investigation. Once again, a child from a well-off family was dead under highly suspicious circumstances, and the world might just notice -- surely Boulder authorities thought at some point: "let's get it RIGHT this time."

In 1996, Alex was a teen, near driving age, and his father and John Ramsey at the very least had a business acquaintance with one another. The odds are in favor of that just being a passing coincidence. Still -- I'd like to know if the families socialized. I'd like to know if Alex could have been around in December, 1996. One of JonBenet's injuries was a major blow to the head, and blows to the head killed JJ. I'm pretty sure that in the late '90s and early 21st century there have been at least two other unsolved attacks in and around Boulder that involved victims being beaten savagely about the head. I have an account on my blog from someone who claims the then-17-year-old Alex Midyette didn't hesitate to reach in his car and beat the crap out of him, focusing on his face and head.

Then again, if you read one of the most recent Crime Library articles by Chuck Hustmyre, people at the hospital felt the stranger member of the couple when Jason was brought in was Molly, not Alex. Chuck interviewed someone who said Alex's reactions were much more "appropriate" to the situation than Molly's.

The Boulder Grand Jury indicted both parents, and Alex had the higher bail. So whatever was there, it was serious. I think the ties to the Ramsey case in the end will be purely tangential, but not so minor that they should be ignored.

And I doubt I clarified anything, but whaddya want, I haven't had any coffee yet :)

Steve/Mister A.

Like I said, there are just a few -- but both children were from good families with money, both children may or may not have fallen prey to their own parents (I'm on record everywhere as not being one who thinks the Ramseys did it, but there's still plenty of people who do think so), both children's murders were subject to a long drawn-out investigation by the Boulder authorities. A fruitless investigation for JonBenet, apparently a successful-enough investigation for JJ.

Differences are major, too -- JJ was an infant and not the victim of a sex crime, and JonBenet was in school already and may have been the victim of a sex crime. The Ramseys initially appeared to cooperate with the investigation before unchaining the lawyers, the Midyettes were super-quick on the draw with representation.

There are other ties, some of them cause & effect -- I have to think that the fiasco of Boulder's investigation into JonBenet's murder influenced the handling of the Midyette investigation. Once again, a child from a well-off family was dead under highly suspicious circumstances, and the world might just notice -- surely Boulder authorities thought at some point: "let's get it RIGHT this time."

In 1996, Alex was a teen, near driving age, and his father and John Ramsey at the very least had a business acquaintance with one another. The odds are in favor of that just being a passing coincidence. Still -- I'd like to know if the families socialized. I'd like to know if Alex could have been around in December, 1996. One of JonBenet's injuries was a major blow to the head, and blows to the head killed JJ. I'm pretty sure that in the late '90s and early 21st century there have been at least two other unsolved attacks in and around Boulder that involved victims being beaten savagely about the head. I have an account on my blog from someone who claims the then-17-year-old Alex Midyette didn't hesitate to reach in his car and beat the crap out of him, focusing on his face and head.

Then again, if you read one of the most recent Crime Library articles by Chuck Hustmyre, people at the hospital felt the stranger member of the couple when Jason was brought in was Molly, not Alex. Chuck interviewed someone who said Alex's reactions were much more "appropriate" to the situation than Molly's.

The Boulder Grand Jury indicted both parents, and Alex had the higher bail. So whatever was there, it was serious. I think the ties to the Ramsey case in the end will be purely tangential, but not so minor that they should be ignored.

And I doubt I clarified anything, but whaddya want, I haven't had any coffee yet :)

Steve/Mister A.

You did wonderful! I was hoping that you wouldn't break my heart by saying that you saw no similarities, so your pre-coffee off the top of your head response was a great start!

You did wonderful! I was hoping that you wouldn't break my heart by saying that you saw no similarities, so your pre-coffee off the top of your head response was a great start!

Bump!....Thought we had a thread on this already.

From Little at FFJ, great article!

http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/denver/onpoint/archives/2007/05/carroll_the_lucky_couple.html

Carroll: The lucky couple
Friday, May 11 at 12:00 AM
Molly and Alex Midyette should get on their knees every night and thank whatever providential power they might believe in for having the good fortune to live in Boulder County. In almost any other jurisdiction, at least one of them would very possibly be in jail.
Rather than traipsing about the Erie community while being monitored by an ankle bracelet, the suspect would be counting stale hours from the confines of a cell.

But the Midyettes are lucky. They live in a county where the district attorney is the feckless Mary Lacy, engineer of last year’s fiasco involving John Mark Karr as well as other assorted public travesties. And so, when a grand jury under the care and feeding of her office finally got around this week to indicting the two with child abuse for the death early last year of their infant son, Jason, the most serious charge was a Class 2 felony.

Now maybe you think that eight to 24 years, the normal range for a Class 2 conviction, minus “good time” of course, is a punishment fit for the crime. If so, you should read the grand jury’s indictment.

There you will discover that at his death, 10-week-old Jason had more than 20 broken bones “in various stages of healing,” including breaks in his arms, legs, ribs, hands and feet. His skull had been fractured, too, with a “complete loss of gray-white interface involving the cerebrum,” which is as bad as it sounds. And he had “contusions on the right and left temporal lobes of his brain” that were “older than other hemorrhages found in Jason’s brain.”

You will learn, too, from the testimony of an expert at The Children’s Hospital, that while many such injuries are fairly common in serious child abuse because of “abusive squeezing,” “violent shaking” or “twisting or pulling forces applied near the end of a bone,” the “hand and foot fractures are very uncommon, and are likely the result of a direct blow.”

Only one conclusion fits this sickening set of allegations: Jason was not dropped or bumped and thus bruised and broken by accident, or even in a single violent fit of quickly regretted rage. He was roughed up repeatedly, brutally, and without anyone reporting a single incident either to a doctor or a cop.

For the rest of the article click on link above.
-----------------------------
Makes you want to cry. Some couple in Denver were charged with murder and not released on bail, when their abused child died....but not in Boulder.

Well not for the rich in Boulder, whom Mary Lacy bends over backwards to protect, though she is supposed to be the DA!

But then again Mary has ties to the Midyettes, and as she will retire soon, I'm sure Mary is looking out for her 'future' career, rather than the innocent life of a little abused baby.

Link stolen from RiverRat at FFJ....:dance:

---------------------
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5535462,00.html

By Christine Reid, Daily Camera
May 14, 2007
BOULDER - The solidarity of Alex and Molly Midyette - charged with child abuse resulting in the death of their 10- week-old son - could prove to be prosecutors' biggest challenge, according to legal experts.
Beginning Feb. 24, 2006, when they took their only child to the hospital, the parents have refused to talk to authorities. They retained separate lawyers after the death of their infant, Jason, and have continued to exercise their constitutional right to remain silent ever since.

It took five months for the Boulder County coroner to determine Jason's death was a homicide after ruling out a medical malady. It took a grand jury another six months to return an indictment last week.

The Midyettes, who have moved from their former Louisville home to Erie, continue to back each other and are supported by their families, as evidenced by their court appearance last week.

Surrounded by family members in Boulder County District Court, the Midyettes held hands during the hearing, and at one point Alex kissed Molly on the forehead. According to one of their attorneys, the couple are eager to fight the charges against them.

Former Adams County District Attorney Bob Grant said determining the facts in such a case can prove difficult for prosecutors.

"It's not unusual where there is little evidence other than that which comes from both parents in a child-abuse case," Grant said.

And if they aren't talking, he said, it can be a nightmare to try to determine exactly what happened and who may be more culpable. A prosecutor in such a case ideally would like to identify the parent with the lesser role and have that person testify in exchange for a deal, Grant said.

For rest of the article click on the link above.

well it took long enough but at least now jason will finally have some justice, poor little fellow. May he rest in peace.

well it took long enough but at least now jason will finally have some justice, poor little fellow. May he rest in peace.

Let's hope so cynpat...however I have a feeling the rich Midyettes will spend little if any time in jail for the tortorous murder of an innocent little babe.

My biggest fear....will Molly Midyette get pregnant in the future and have another baby? Someone else to neglect and malnourish?

Let's hope so cynpat...however I have a feeling the rich Midyettes will spend little if any time in jail for the tortorous murder of an innocent little babe.

My biggest fear....will Molly Midyette get pregnant in the future and have another baby? Someone else to neglect and malnourish?

I'll bet that we hear news of that before the next docket sounding. :sick:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back