CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yesterday there was an article posted that said a dog tracked her scent but they were not sure if it was from the day before (it is snipped in here somewhere.. I will see if I can find it)

I'm sure it's a wonderful neighborhood. I just think the proximity of the sidewalk to the street would increase the likelihood of accidents over those sidewalks that have a grassy area between the street and sidewalk.

Still catching up on the thread and like others, sad to see Jessica has not yet been found.

I thought of an accident also because of how congested the houses and cars seem in the neighborhood. I could see some teen late for school...or half asleep backing out of the drive and not paying attention. Someone elderly, someone under the influence..or just about anyone...having their mind on other matters early in the morning. Heck, it could have been planned. A little hit and she goes down and they insist she come inside for a band-aid and fast wipe-off.....then they'll drive her to school. ETC, ETC. I hope the neighbors will keep vigilant in watching their neighbors for any sign of "hinkiness". Of course, I couldn't help wondering when viewing the one video of a service truck pulling a big travel trailer out of the neighborhood. Praying LE stopped and checked it out. I was yelling whoa, whoa, at my computer screen.

**I figure her and her friends would cut thru the back side of the park where the soccer? field is and make a left to take to the major street they would need to cross to get to the field or what looks to be a half empty housing development; cutting thru there to the backside of the school. Of course, that area could be fully developed by now....since I'm going by G map images.

Does anyone know if the dogs picked up her scent...at all? From her front door...toward the park...then???
snipped by me......

That's what I wondered ; if they had Jessica's pillowcase to go by, I'd think they'd know how far she got from her home.
Sometime LE clamps up a bit if they don't want to tip their hand to the perp...we have to be patient even if there's news we think should be released; and that's hard ---just waiting.
I can't imagine what the family is going through !

LietKynes, not sure about a cell phone... so far all we know per msm is that she had a black backpack with a disney character (was it disney character you guys? I am having a brain flash)

and I don't even believe they specified the character.

I was kind of hoping the clothing would be updated (re: shirt, etc) but nothing yet.

Black and pink backpack with a disney character.

IMO

Westminster Police

We will have updated information and be available for interviews at the police department today at 4:00pm.
#jessicaridgeway
12:48pm - 7 Oct 12

yesterday there was an article posted that said a dog tracked her scent but they were not sure if it was from the day before (it is snipped in here somewhere.. I will see if I can find it)

The dog did pick up a faint scent...not a strong one and LE thought it might have been a old scent prior to Friday.

The back pack character was "Victoria" ? something. I had never heard of before...of course, I don't have any kids. ;) I'll see if I can find it.

The dog did pick up a faint scent...not a strong one and LE thought it might have been a old scent prior to Friday.

The back pack character was "Victoria" ? something. I had never heard of before...of course, I don't have any kids. ;) I'll see if I can find it.

here is the snip on the dogs:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/report.php?p=8424414

I linked to the snip because we all know how the media likes to poof old articles these days

(paraphrase: there were no strong hits)

https://es.twitter.com/9NEWS

Updated info to be released at 4pm at the police station.
I pray it is GOOD news!

ETA: ten minutes before this the police twittered to stay out of a certain area as they had the dogs following up on
a developing lead. PRAYING!

I wonder if they now something?

I've wondered the same. Especially since LE stated they did not need volunteer searchers today. I don't follow a great many searches, but I can't think of any other MP cases where LE stopped using volunteers one day into a long weekend. Lots of people have Monday off for Columbus day. Many of the schools in our area have tagged on institute days making it longer than a 3 day weekend. Some students here have 4 or 5 day weekends this weekend.

Scared to hear what they are going to say. Praying....

now the tweet about Target parking lot is gone???

ETA: weird, now the Target tweet is there. Don't know if I messed up or if it was removed and then put back on... it is on there now though.

What does this mean guys? Where is this location?

it means they are keeping them the hello out of the search area

(((((:moo::moo::moo::moo::moo:)))))

cows like a herd so I put a bunch in a fence ^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads