CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found Andrew Way and Alpha Court. It looks like a subdivision.

https://twitter.com/abuvthefold

John Aguilar‏@abuvthefold

Attempts to reach man who supposedly found backpack w #jessicaridgeway's name on water bottle inside unsuccessful so far

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite

8mJohn Aguilar‏@abuvthefold

Resident passng by not willing to speak about possible discovery of #jessicaridgeway backpack in #superiorco this am. 10yo missing since fri

Expand

16mJohn Aguilar‏@abuvthefold

Scene at Andrew and Christensen in #superiorco Cops investigating major lead in #jessicaridgeway case. pic.twitter.com/otUQAl4C

View photo

18mJohn Aguilar‏@abuvthefold

Cops locking down neighborhood at Alpha and Andrew in #superiorco to investigate #jessicaridgeway only residents allowed in

Expand

20mJohn Aguilar‏@abuvthefold

#jessicaridgeway BREAKING Cops responding to report of childs backpack found in Superior w watter bottle w Jessica Ridgeways name on it.

That "come and get it" message is creepy as he$$.

I've had a bad feeling for a while, and this just made it worse. :sigh:

The Target is on McCaslin Blvd. just up the road from where the backpack was found.

A Superior resident e-mailed the town's listserv shortly after 1 p.m. today with the message: "Found this morning on the side walk at Andrew Drive and Alpha Court. Water bottle has 'Jessica Ridgeway' name on it. Come and get it."

From the above link. Why would the person who found it email the town and not phone the police?

I hope LE are very cautious approaching the area. It sounds almost taunting to me.

Her backpack and water bottle being found in another county is not a good sign IMO. :(

It might be a hoax if the person who emailed the tip in cannot be contacted.

But wouldn't LE check with the family to see if the backpack they found looks the one Jessica owned? Were the details of her backpack publicized?

could have been dumped there to lead LE off course...if it was email, I would think they could trace it?

I thought they could and that all emails came with an ISP and there is a way to see it. Maybe people like me who are not great with technology can't find it but I thought I saw somewhere that there was a way.

When I read someone found Jessica's water bottle I got all excited thinking they found her than I realized it was her stuff. So sad, I keep hoping that I will check this thread and she will be found alive and well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!