CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to work nights for years as a nurse when my son was little and my husband is active duty army.

I feel so bad for this mother.. I know how hard you can sleep when you work all night long.

Who was it that saw her last at 8:30 this morning? Was it Mom or was she still at work?

I wonder if there are other siblings or is she is an only child. Did her mother see her off to school before going to bed or does the child see herself off. So many questions at this point. I am so disheartened that it took so long, if an abduction they got a BIG headstart...:(

I always had to put an emergency number for schools in addition to my number and hubbys number.

Jessica lives with her mom, who works a night shift and gets Jessica ready for school in the mornings, but lets her walk to a nearby park where she meets some classmates to walk the rest of the way to school.
The classmates say Jessica didn't show up Friday morning.

Materasso said that when the school called home to say Jessica wasn't in school, her mom was sleeping.
Jessica's mom got the message just after 4 p.m. when she woke up, and that's when she called police.
Jessica is described as 4 feet 10 inches tall, weighing about 80 pounds with blond shoulder-length hair. She has blue eyes, and was wearing a black jacket and pink and purple colored glasses.
Police have made reverse phone calls to more than 12,000 homes in the area. Jefferson County School District also made a notification call to more than 400 families of students and faculty members.
Bloodhounds and other K-9 units from Westminster and from other agencies have been helping search the area including all nearby trails, and parks.
Bad weather has kept police helicopters grounded, Materasso said.

Read more: Amber Alert on for Westminster girl, 10, missing since 8:30 a.m. - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...arching-girl-10-missing-since-8#ixzz28UGaMr2F

Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
more at link

I wonder if there are other siblings or is she is an only child. Did her mother see her off to school before going to bed or does the child see herself off. So many questions at this point. I am so disheartened that it took so long, if an abduction they got a BIG headstart...:(

she saw her off to school (see link right above)

Can we have an Amber Alert in CO without a vehicle description?

I had not thought of that, but your absolutely correct, I believe its standard practice to have several emergency contacts listed. So she never made it to Chelsea Park, I wonder how far the park is from her home? What route she takes. Busy streets or slow. Any chance of camera's.

My 4 children are in their 20's now but I always had to list emergency contacts for them. We never lived near family so I would usually ask a couple friends from our church to help in this area. They were glad to. One of them received a sick call for one of my girls when she was in middle school. They couldn't reach me and so they called my friend and she left work and picked my daughter up. She bought her some crackers and gatorade and stayed with her until she feel asleep. By then, they were able to reach me by phone and I hurried home.

I had to work nights for years as a nurse when my son was little and my husband is active duty army.

I feel so bad for this mother.. I know how hard you can sleep when you work all night long.

I really feel for this mama. Praying Jessica is safe where ever she is right now

Wonder if she had a cell phone? I know some 10 year olds who do....and I was thinking that if she walks to school, she may have had one for emergencies or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz