CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a local, just a comment as to why it may have been left there.

WM doesn't work on the weekends so it wasn't picked up? :waitasec: I think it is odd it was left there. If LE wanted to examine the trash in it they would impounded the truck, imo. Does anyone recall when LE/Crime Scene Techs were done with the scene and it was no longer closed off to the public?

Last I saw of this was on a local news report showing the scene left just as it was found, even showed the workers' bag of sunflower seeds left on the bumper of the truck. Then (maybe Thursday night?), it was to preserve the scene. Not sure why it would still be there...

I agree with this statement but considering that CODIS has not apparently gotten a hit on this type of killing, we can then speculate that it can be a woman. <modsnip>.

LE has come out and said that Jessica was abducted by a stranger and that her family was not involved.

Early on, LE said that they had a possible witness who saw Jessica that morning as she walked to school. Nothing more has been said about that witness, whether the sighting has been corroborated in some way, etc.

But it is completely clear that LE believes the family is not involved.

Look, I understand what ur saying.

Obviously not. We're talking about Jessica Ridgeway.

But speaking of guns ... (maybe we can get back on topic)

Does anyone know what the laws are in Colorado regarding convicted felons having a conceal to carry permit? Is it a possibility that LE has gone over a list of all conceal to carry permit holders, perhaps to see if there is anyone of interest? I'm thinking the perp either knew her name to lure her, or used force of some kind ... flashing a gun perhaps. Although I know it may go against logic that the perp would have acquired a gun legally, you never know ... I know a lot of security officers have guns as a job requirement. Security guards will also have an official looking uniform, often a badge for identification, and an official looking car. A lot to think about ...

Look, I understand what ur saying.

The scenario was a guy jumping out of a car, taken a female.

I have a carry permit, and if I saw it, the first thing I would do is pull my gun, and make verbal commands.

To me, doesn't matter if the would be perp is deaf.....if their not complying, I still have my gun on them and their detained until the police arrive.

If it's fast, and their not complying, and they speed off....if I have a clear shot, their tires are going to be hit or their engine.

And, if I confront them, and one or the other or both are deaf, their still being detained.

Until my life is threaten, or someone else's life is, I'm not shooting. K?

It would probably be more useful to pull out your cell phone and take a picture of the car, driver, and plate. Also less chance of taking down an innocent bystander.

I got fired from a job because construction on the major highway was making me late for work. They said I should leave earlier, and I explained I couldn't, because the schools doors aren't open until 7:30am, and I am not leaving my kid outside a closed school for 30 minutes just so I can get to work on time. I was an accountant, soooooo, Im thinking those tax returns could wait until 8:30. Just sayin....

I agree with this statement but considering that CODIS has not apparently gotten a hit on this type of killing, we can then speculate that it can be a woman. <modsnip>

Just because it's not in CODIS, doesn't mean the perp isn't a man. Many prolific serial killers never even had so much as a speeding ticket prior to being arrested for an unimaginable crime.

It would probably be more useful to pull out your cell phone and take a picture of the car, driver, and plate. Also less chance of taking down an innocent bystander.

u do what u would do and I'll do what I think is best.

First of all, they shouldn't even be doing an experiment like that.
That was the reason the comment was made in the first place.

Plus, I'm much faster with my weapon than a cell phone with a camera.

Oh, and also, what good is my camera, if I give them a command and he takes out HIS gun?

Does anyone know what the laws are in Colorado regarding convicted felons having a conceal to carry permit? Is it a possibility that LE has gone over a list of all conceal to carry permit holders, perhaps to see if there is anyone of interest? I'm thinking the perp either knew her name to lure her, or used force of some kind ... flashing a gun perhaps. Although I know it may go against logic that the perp would have acquired a gun legally, you never know ... I know a lot of security officers have guns as a job requirement. Security guards will also have an official looking uniform, often a badge for identification, and an official looking car. A lot to think about ...

She had a water bottle with her name on it also a keyring with her name on it,he might have seen it if he watched her before taking her.It is a very bad idea to personalize children s items, I was told that 25 yrs ago when my child started school.The school sent out notices back then about it.

The garbage truck was still at the site as of late yesterday when I took this photo.

picture.php

The site where the body was found is not visible from any homes.

Is the area visible? I replied to one of your posts before and I attached a link to the transcript of someone who was interviewed via telephone on the NG show. He said he'd been watching the whole thing (not close up) from his kitchen window. At first he thought there had been a big accident at that location.

The thing is, they introduce the man by name. I suppose it's possible that someone could just be a poser. What do you think about this alleged witness?

I am deaf in one ear. Depending on which way my good ear is pointing, which way the wind is blowing and what the acoustics of the specific location are, I can be quite close to someone shouting and either not hear them or think they are shouting from a very different place from where they actually are.

No, I don't have a hearing aid because the nerve was destroyed; no amplification is going to work on that ear.

It is remarkably difficult to find reliable statistics about how many people there are in the US who are either deaf or functionally deaf; in large part, it's because no two studies define deafness and functional deafness in the same way.

The conservative guesstimate is that about 1 million people in the US have some form of hearing loss. Other estimates go as high as 5 million.

That means roughly 1 to 5 people in every 300 people are affected.

It may seem unlikely but please, if at all possible, make sure your target can actually hear you.

I've been hit by car twice in parking lots since I lost the hearing in one ear 18 years ago. Both times the drivers assumed I knew their vehicle was moving.

While I am not actually considered "hearing impaired" there are times I think I must be. First, I am a "loud talker." Second, I often have trouble making out peoples' words. If I am looking them in the face, I have a better chance of understanding (sort of like lipreading) but while I usually hear the person speaking, I often have to ask them to repeat. If I still don't get it, I'll give some generic response, or shake my head or something that is noncommittal, rather than ask AGAIN.

i have a CCW. you cannot have a CCW if you have a record. full background checks, with the county sherriff FBI/CBI are performed.

however, the ability to obtain and carry an illegal one is easy peasy in this country ;)

we actually have heard from people who live near where Jessica was left.

they described suspicious vehicles in the area.

There were 34 hours between the abduction and the first possible time that the backpack was left in a different neighborhood. There's no guarantee that she was murdered before her backpack was abandoned, although I'm of the opinion that it happened in that order.

We don't know what has been reported in terms of sighting or tips at the location where Jessica was found - no info has been released. We don't know whether she was murdered at that location or if her body was placed there at a later time - but within 36 hours of her disappearance. No info. has been released ... therefore we cannot assume that this was a "dump site", or the scene of the murder.

I got fired from a job because construction on the major highway was making me late for work. They said I should leave earlier, and I explained I couldn't, because the schools doors aren't open until 7:30am, and I am not leaving my kid outside a closed school for 30 minutes just so I can get to work on time. I was an accountant, soooooo, Im thinking those tax returns could wait until 8:30. Just sayin....

O/t but as a former working single mum this just makes me mad. :maddening:

Thank God in Australia, the schools had before and after school care, at minimal cost.

Sometimes I feel bad about parking them in it every day, other times I bless that it existed so that I could earn a living for us all.

They spent a lot of time in creches etc over the years, and it did them no harm at all that I can see...in fact quite the opposite. They can get along with anybody.

Working mums have enough to deal with...it's not like we have a choice, most times.

:banghead:

You can not obtain a conceal and carry with a criminal background. But please remember that people who are breaking the law do not follow laws. The perp might have legally bought a gun, but I doubt a criminal would be concerned with getting a CCH to be law abiding so they can use it to kill someone.

I was wondering if it is possible the water bottle and key ring with Jessica on them belonged to her or did the perp attach the key ring and leave a water bottle with Jessica on it so someone would alert police?That sure would taunt police IMO.

that is just too bad :( :(

the elementary schools in my area have what is called "Springboard" and it is for parents who need to be at work earlier and/or leave work earlier than school starts and later than it ends. Basically before/after care for the kids. You have to pay for it, but it is a lifesaver for situations like yours.

The guy in the middle/right is a spot-on match to the sketch IMO. Did you send it in? I just got confirmation from Arvada PD this morning about the photo I sent in on Saturday that looked like the "candyman" fellow...

I did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member