CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always tell my husband that one of my prayers is to be able to stay home with my kids until they get their own vehicles, so they can drive themselves places and not have to worry about getting rides from after school activities and such. I don't like the thought of my daughter waiting outside a school alone.

I took photos of the site around sunrise on Saturday morning and had the place completely to myself.

Where the body was found.
picture.php

Looking east.
picture.php

Looking west.
picture.php

For the dedicated sleuthers -

Look at where she was found.

Empty, ugly desolate landscape as far as the eye can see.

One tree, or the remains of one tree, alone in all that emptiness.

Why was she left at the tree?

She wasn't hidden.
It took effort to get her there.
Why the tree???????
She was posed.
Her placement was meant to shock.
Assume he placed her at night...again, WHY THE TREE?
I'm guessing the tree is part of it. He left her there on purpose. He didn't get tired halfway to the shack (she wasn't very big and a shack would be searched eventually).
He wasn't trying to hide her in the shack - why would you when you have a million other easier to reach places to hide her?
WHY THE TREE?
Was he an artist, painting on a blank canvas?

Apologies if this seems insensitive but my way of grieving for these babies is to THINK.

:sleuth:

ETA: also my opinon only.

:cow: :moo:

I don't post much, but wanted to say whats so sad about this sort of thing is that it makes people suspect everyone, everywhere. I refuse to live in fear.

I won't take up any more space with my Disney concerns in this thread after this, but I just wanted to say "ICK!!" I don't want ANY strangers feeling like they're on a "first name" basis with my kids - Disney nor otherwise. I also can't see how this procedure can idently "lost children" because I suspect most kids who don't already know their own name, likely won't be carrying around their own key card. While I respect that the first name basis may be "magical" or even "enchanting" to some, I find it very creepy. I'm sad that I find it as such, because I 'get' their intention. In this day and age however, I just find it to be a VERY poor business practice. Thank you to those however, who have commented otherwise, trying to reassure me. I respect your effort, but I stand firm in my opinion that there's NO logical reason to require this. If they made it an option, fine, but they don't. Any child staying on property MUST be listed by name.

Hello all, Newbie here.
I've lurked over here for a long time - Since the Shantina and Azriel Smiley case. But I finally joined when everything started with little Jessica.
This has hit me hard because it's not only in my backyard so to speak, but where she was found is less than 2 miles as the crow flies, from where some family has just moved. So it's incredibly surreal being that this is in an area I've been in and spent plenty of time on the road she was on, etc.
What's been niggling me at times since this happened is where my in laws are living. It's a BRAND new housing development, it's not finished, they're still building and working on housing over there.
I guess my first thought when I found out about the body being found over there was that it would possibly have been very easy for one of the workers over at the development, to be involved. They've been working over there for over a year now, and they hire guys who just come into town....So I've wondered if they've checked out that construction company at all (according to in laws, that community wasn't checked I don't think, where they're living), they've been here long enough someone who started working for them with these houses may not be from here, but they've been here long enough to know their way around....plus, I wondered if any evidence could have been gotten rid of over in that housing area because they've got stuff being buried or built over or concreted in every day or so. Although I have no idea then, why they wouldn't have buried her there totally. But who knows, this is obvious a sick individual.
I'm probably far off, but it was just a random wondering from me.....

Wait, where are you saying there is new development? Jessica's neighborhood is not new, and neither is Rock Creek, where they found the backpack. Sorry, that part wasn't clear to me.

if the perp is on here, it's also a very gratifying conversation for him to relive the "experience".

I can not answer for anyone else....but I can assume or guess (lol)....

the way the body was handled and what was done with the remains gives a bit of insight into the mind of the perp. it also helps build a profile and it can be compared against other cases.....

I personally see nothing wrong w/ the wondering and speculating about the condition of the body.....it is a horrible topic to discuss for many...but for others, it is a revelant piece of the puzzle (and one that even law enforcement will be trying to figure out)....

JMO...

I'm sorry to quote myself. I really want this SOB caught. We have a lot of guests and locals here, and many haven't followed as much ugliness as we have. The WMPD is depending on tips for changes in behavior and routines.

As we all know, Walmart is a favorite perp place. Also, there are 'dollar stores,' gas stations, etc. People work there and may not have realized what they observed. Many employees of these stores know exactly what their routines are and what they buy. (My DD still works at DG and tells me stories about her favorite, everyday customers who buy cat food and beer...lol)

Anyone else want to chime in on things to jog memories?

People who ditch their cell phone, better yet, people who ask you to trade phones for the day, or answer their phone while they call it from somewhere else (but be sure not to tell anyone!)

People who ask you to wear their hat and sunglasses and drive their car down the tollway at a certain time.

People who give an alibi for where they were during the crime even though no one is asking.

Is the area visible? I replied to one of your posts before and I attached a link to the transcript of someone who was interviewed via telephone on the NG show. He said he'd been watching the whole thing (not close up) from his kitchen window. At first he thought there had been a big accident at that location.

The thing is, they introduce the man by name. I suppose it's possible that someone could just be a poser. What do you think about this alleged witness?

There was police activity all down the valley late into the night. The witness may have seen the fire truck boom with it's lights when it was raised or in another location. The lights shining on the hills were easy to see. But the spot next to the road where the body was found it not visible from any houses. The witness probably saw the intense search and investigation activity near Leyden, not what happened where the body was found.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jessica-ridgeway-killing-police-suspect-abductions/story?id=17478819

Police in Arvada, Colo., are looking for a man suspected of trying to abduct two children a few weeks before 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway's killing to see whether there is a possible connection.

In two reported incidents on Sept. 9 and Sept. 12, Arvada police said an 8- and 9-year-old were nearly abducted, according to police.

"Both of them said they were offered candy to get into the vehicle. In both incidences, they knew to run and tell an adult," Arvada police spokeswoman Jill McGranahan told ABC News affiliate KMGH-TV.

Isn't this attached sketch associated to those incidents?:

Attachments

• match_question_mark_.png
    match_question_mark_.png
    281.9 KB · Views: 68

She wasn't hidden.
Why the tree???????
She was posed.
I'm guessing the tree is part of it. He left her there on purpose. He didn't get tired halfway to the shack (she wasn't very big and a shack would be searched eventually).
He wasn't trying to hide her in the shack - why would you when you have a million other easier to reach places to hide her?
WHY THE TREE?

Apologies if this seems insensitive but my way of grieving for these babies is to THINK.

bbm: the open spaces in Colorado are breathtakingly beautiful imhoo

U-Haul rental facilities
Rent-to-own places that sell small freezers or other places that do.
Rental cars/regular customer driving a rental car

no way. lots of ppl backpack with 80 lb packs. in the mountains at high elevation.

I don't want to know exactly what was done to her.

I wish I did know, however, about how much the remains that were found weighed because that could rule in or out whether he could have hiked in to place the remains.

Figuring that a really fit person can hike long distances with a pack weighing about 50 pounds, if what was found weighed more than that then it would almost certainly rule out the perp hiking in to place the remains.

Hello all,
I have been reading on this thread as time permits but haven't posted until now. I apologize in advance if my question has been disussed already. Does anyone know if it has been reported that Jessica was spotted on a security camera anywhere between her home and where she was supposed to meet her friends?

I am guessing that Jessica was well out of the neighborhood, or at least (if a neighbor) well out of view by the time the school tried to contact her mother. Not sure what time that was? But without a single witness, no idea of vehicle, etc. I wonder if it really would have made any difference at all, if LE had been on the streets looking for her in the morning instead. I doubt they were actually searching inside homes at that early point in the investigation (even though it is possible that she was taken into one of them.)

I guess I am just not convinced that Jessica's mom answering her phone would have changed the end result. He was long gone with her by that time, without any witnesses, etc...I hope she comes to know that one day, I guess.

Yes I agree, I am reminded of the Carla Bruna case in Florida where her mother called her in missing within the hour and an amber alert was not done till the next day. They had suspicion of the parents for no reason or suspected a runaway. They brought out the dogs, that night but by that time she was long gone. Most of these perps kill within a few hours of the kidnapping. I read 75% kill within 3 hours.

LE would have thought she just did not want to go to school that day and was hiding. They would not have signaled the alarm till later in the day anyway. Sad to say but a lot of kids play hookie so it may not be taken seriously.

BBM

Be careful what you wish for. :floorlaugh:

I come in to read while I am eating lunch at work. Bad timing with the current subject.

I have wondered if the perp is/has/was taunting the LE (leaving notes or calling). Just with the backpak being left where it was. And maybe the cautious way LE has been reporting things. Just a thought.

I think he knew something about the Rock Creek area in Superior from some previous work, and took the backpack there because it was far away from Pattridge Park. (in his mind).

Hi guys,

Hope LE finds something pertinent today. We are all scared to death up here. It is the worst feeling in the world out walking your dog, wondering if you're going to trip over a little girl's body part, not to mention wondering if everyone you run into could possibly be "the guy"...

Re: the categorization of RSO's, as discussed in the prior thread, one can pull up the "violent" ones here by selecting it in the form field...

http://sor.state.co.us/?SOR=offender.list&category=SVP

I would like to reiterate, that with all the brilliant / experienced minds on this forum, if you come up with something, please do not hestitate to contact WPD which is the official source for everything relating to this investigation: Anything could help at this point and we desperate!!

http://www.twitter.com/westminsterpd

Hi Pearl,
Not that I have noted. (re: video cameras). The only thing I have heard reported (which could be a fluke as well) is that there was a witness that saw her walking that morning.

She wasn't hidden.
Why the tree???????
She was posed.
WHY THE TREE?

So has it been decided she was posed? How? I'm sorry I missed it.

bbm: the open spaces in Colorado are breathtakingly beautiful imhoo

I agree...my intent is not to insult a beautiful state.

There are a million, million places a perp with a vehicle can hide a body and it never be found.

Parking it in the only ugly part of Colorado is intentional.

Parking her backpack in the middle of a residential street is also intentional.

Why?

I expect this perp to attempt to make contact, or insert himself into the investigation.

In my opinion, this is personal for him, and designed to shock. Find out why and you find the killer.

:cow:

Hello all,
I have been reading on this thread as time permits but haven't posted until now. I apologize in advance if my question has been disussed already. Does anyone know if it has been reported that Jessica was spotted on a security camera anywhere between her home and where she was supposed to meet her friends?

I was wondering the same this morning, but according to feedback I got back, there are no security cameras. I am so used to cameras being everywhere. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWilkie1985