CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is of great interest to me. Morbid though it may be, whether the remains were not intact due to predation or due to specific actions taken by the perp can tell alot about the perp, etc.

To know what was the state of remains is to know if the perp is responsible for the state of them directly. This could be very helpful in profiling the perp and determining the time he spent with Jessica doing the deeds done (whatever they were). If indeed the perp was directly responsible for the not intact state of the body, tools were probably used, tools are identifiable, traceable, tools are sold, disposed of and can b e located and sometimes positively matched and ID'd.

Oh, I know it's of importance to a lot of people, but I'm just not one of them. I will never be called upon by LE to solve this case or profile the killer, so I'm choosing not to spend too much time dwelling on the details involved in Jessica becoming "not intact." Everyone is free to do what they want, obviously.

It seems to me that someone could have used the road that circles around behind the two shacks. The larger of the two shacks looks suitable for hiding a vehicle.

RidgewayFoundRoads.jpg

It's only a short walk from the larger shack to the smaller shack, and a shorter walk from the smaller shack to the location of the culvert.

RidgewayAbandonedBuildings.jpg

I think that you would be more noticed on the back dirt roads than you would be on that main paved one. It isn't smooth terrain, so it would show every headlight movement (up and down). I really do think he came in on the main road and was in and out of there in less than a minute.

Family not being involved does not necessarily mean it was a stranger. Could have been someone else that knows Jessica. JMO

You're correct and I was wrong.

I should have said that it is considered a non-family abduction.

Again, I am reminded of Kenia M's case last year in Denver. The monster, Travis Forbes, (thank goodness he's behind bars), particularly commented on his use of the tree at the burial site. According to him, he thought the tree was pretty, and he said if it were him, he'd like to be buried somewhere nice like that, or something along those lines.

So, maybe this is a favorite place of the perp?

BTW, Kenia Monge's dad on Jessica Ridgeway's killer: 'He will strike again' ...

It could be as simple as "there is a pull-off there to park". I honestly don't think this d-bag was trying to find any beauty for Jessica. I think perhaps he could have used it as a marker for himself, though.

there was a case- a little boy- stepdad used a hammer to destroy the childs teeth face, i know someone will remember the case -
Just saying her face could of been damaged so she could not be ID'd by dental.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/arvadapolice

"In light of recent events, residents are on heightened alert to strange or unusual behavior and the police department appreciates your awareness. We have received numerous calls about suspicious people and/or incidents and we are investigating each one. We do however want to caution citizens that while we will look into each report; each one is not suspect.

We will notify parents of these repor
ts, but want to reiterate that some may have not reached a conclusion point at the time they were distributed. This is for information sharing purposes only. If further information develops from any of the reports, we will update with pertinent information.

Oct 15 – A student reported that she was approached at approximately 7:40 a.m. by a man at Memorial Park who asked her to come over. The student reported as she walked away, he started following her. Man is described as 6’ tall, approximately 30 years of age with goatee-looking facial hair, wearing a black hoodie and green t-shirt.":furious:

Same facial hair as the guy reported in the blue car. I know he approached boys before, but maybe he just is an opportunist.

Same facial hair as the guy reported in the blue car. I know he approached boys before, but maybe he just is an opportunist.

Yeah and maybe an idiotic opportunist too. Memorial Park is pretty much right behind the police department building.

I want to give credit to all law enforcement involved in this case because to me they seem to be working very hard to find the perp. While there are some things they are unable to share (understandable) and that can seem frustrating - I do not feel they are being passive in any way with the investigation. Some other cases in the past have not given me the same optomistic feeling.

Sending positive energy to all law enforcement involved and prayers for them having extra energy (I believe many have not had much rest). I am feeling positive that they are going to identify and apprehend the person(s) responsible.

we actually have heard from people who live near where Jessica was left.

they described suspicious vehicles in the area.

Not sure if it was from Tricia's radio show last night where I heard this...that this area may be frequented by "teens" for purposes of drinking and hanging out? Anyone else hear that, too?

If so, then vehicles in this area would not be unusual...

Could it be someone in a city truck?
No one would think twice about it parked along the road there!
Even waste management!

Or a Tree Service vehicle.

Family not being involved does not necessarily mean it was a stranger. Could have been someone else that knows Jessica. JMO

I agree Etilema. Jumping off your post from yesterday (you speculated that it is *possible* that this man could have been a co-worker of Moms~ don't know where that post is now but I hope you remember)

and then I said I agreed and thought (speculations) that Jessica may not have been a random victim, but rather had been targeted. That's JMHO as of now.

Then we have to consider all adult men that she herself came into contact with--school, at friends houses (not meaning those friends fathers in particular but was a male visiting that home when she went to play with a friend...that kind of thing).

I wondered how long Dad hasn't lived in Westminster because I wonder if there was a male connected to him in some way (co-worker, friend of a friend..etc.) that had had prior contact with Jessica. Someone she may have known by sight because he knew her daddy.

I haven't watched NG coverage on this but I had the TV on a few days ago and heard a caller suggest that she was possibly abducted within 3 blocks from home. (I missed the witness who had seen her walking, did they say where she was when they saw her?TIA).

Snatching a child walking to school at a time of day when it can be expected that there are other people out and about as well as other students walking in the area---is high risk IMHO.

Luring a child over to speak to you while your in your drivers seat and she recongizes your face to the extent that she's willing to come close to you---still high risk but lower risk. To lower that risk even more---you come up with a ruse to get her to get into the car willingly with you. Just some thoughts---by no means am I suggesting that is what happened.
Just opening the connections with you.

Just thoughts and speculations. ETA: wrote passenger meant drivers seat--changed it.

Not sure if it was from Tricia's radio show last night where I heard this...that this area may be frequented by "teens" for purposes of drinking and hanging out? Anyone else hear that, too?

If so, then vehicles in this area would not be unusual...

Yea, those shacks are apparently hangouts, which makes 100% sense why a garbage truck is sent out weekly to clean the side of the road.

Could it be someone in a city truck?
No one would think twice about it parked along the road there!
Even waste management!

Or a Tree Service vehicle.

Just a guess, but I would think whoever dropped the body did the deed in the dark of the night, didn't bother to "park" anywhere and was probably in and out in less than 3 minutes.

For the dedicated sleuthers -

Look at where she was found.

Empty, ugly desolate landscape as far as the eye can see.

One tree, or the remains of one tree, alone in all that emptiness.

Why was she left at the tree?

She wasn't hidden.
It took effort to get her there.
Why the tree???????
She was posed.
Her placement was meant to shock.
Assume he placed her at night...again, WHY THE TREE?
I'm guessing the tree is part of it. He left her there on purpose. He didn't get tired halfway to the shack (she wasn't very big and a shack would be searched eventually).
He wasn't trying to hide her in the shack - why would you when you have a million other easier to reach places to hide her?
WHY THE TREE?
Was he an artist, painting on a blank canvas?

Apologies if this seems insensitive but my way of grieving for these babies is to THINK.

:sleuth:

ETA: also my opinon only.

:cow: :moo:

Not sure why but if one wants to get deep one can speculate that this guy is sending a message based on religious disenchantment that lead to lunacy or something.
Jessica was killed on Friday (like Jesus) and she surfaced again on Sunday via her backback (like Jesus to Mary M./tomb empty). Though innocent, her battered body was left at the base of a tree lost and forlorn. Jesus, though innocent, was tortured before being hung on a tree.

Add to the above that the backpack was left in a controversial location (near a house where a woman killed her little child), the perp could be making a strong protest statement against perceived social injustices.

The placement of the backpack, the triangle that forms from the three locations (triangles have spiritual/religious connotations), and the desolate nature of where Jessica was found, all were chosen to make a statement serving double duty to throw LE off track. That's why LE used the word sophisticated or organized imo. Not necessarily experienced?

desolate ~ http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/desolate
'abandoned, deserted, separated from a loved one, sorrowful' ~ :waitasec:

It could be as simple as "there is a pull-off there to park". I honestly don't think this d-bag was trying to find any beauty for Jessica. I think perhaps he could have used it as a marker for himself, though.

That's a good thought.

Looking at Footwarrior's photos at the site, it appears that the trees would catch the headlights for quite a distance whether he was coming from east or west: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8459027&postcount=371"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #10[/ame]

That would lean toward indicating he might have scouted out the location ahead of time.

Just a guess, but I would think whoever dropped the body did the deed in the dark of the night, didn't bother to "park" anywhere and was probably in and out in less than 3 minutes.

I agree NC. I think where the remains were placed is *sloppy* to use my own word.

It's sloppy because why not drive into Denver or another area and use a dumpster? IMHO there are probably countless human remains in landfills.

What is the ground like in that area? I know in parts of TX (some areas of Central and especially West TX) you can't dig but about 3-5 inches and you hit hardpan or straight out bedrock. Anyone know? If it's not, then why not drive over to colorado hills open space and obscure the remains there?

I think it might have just been sloppy. He planned her abduction and the subsequent crimes but he didn't plan throughly what he would do after or he did and his plans were messed up by some circumstances (out of his control).

Just thinking.

It is of great interest to me. Morbid though it may be, whether the remains were not intact due to predation or due to specific actions taken by the perp can tell alot about the perp, etc.

To know what was the state of remains is to know if the perp is responsible for the state of them directly. This could be very helpful in profiling the perp and determining the time he spent with Jessica doing the deeds done (whatever they were). If indeed the perp was directly responsible for the not intact state of the body, tools were probably used, tools are identifiable, traceable, tools are sold, disposed of and can b e located and sometimes positively matched and ID'd.

I agree that it is very important to determine whether Jessica's remains were not intact due to animal activity, or due to deliberate acts by her killer. I know from your posts in this and other threads that you are not someone who looks for morbid or grotesque details, and my post certainly was not aimed at you.

Jessica was killed on Friday (like Jesus) and she surfaced again on Sunday via her backback (like Jesus to Mary M./tomb empty). Though innocent, her battered body was left at the base of a tree lost and forlorn. Jesus, though innocent, was tortured before being hung on a tree.

I'm really curious now if Jessica attended church. Or if there's a church close to her school?

I am curious as to what other options the perp would have had for disposing of the body in that location. The shack behind where the body was found can be entered from the creepy youtube video we had viewed, so he/she could have hidden the body there. I also assume this would be true of the abandoned building across the road. Since this is the former Leyden Cole Mine, are there also empty mine shafts that could have been used? I have been trying to find information about the Leyden Mine, and there is some interesting stuff out there. Here is a link to a Geosurvey that some students when on a few years ago. It describes the area pretty well, but I still don't know how "open" the old mine shafts would be to the general public.

http://geosurvey.state.co.us/education/Documents/front_rg_ft_web.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members