CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this is not what I like to say, but what if the rest of her missing body parts were in that backpack.

This has been such a point of confusion for myself.
Original interviews say that 2 separate children saw her outside of her school, on campus, but not in the building. Then I believe dogs tracked to a different school (please correct me if I'm still confused).

So, if that is the case then, either the dogs got it wrong, or she headed to the other school, likely with someone? Now, isn't that confusing!?!?!

You're confused.

Dogs started from Jessica's house Friday night tracked her to her school but the handler is reported to have said that it was a weak indication and probably from a previous day. No, I don't have a cite, sorry.

After Jessica's backpack was located in Superior, the next suburb over, dogs were brought out to track from the backpack. A reporter said they went to the elementary school in Superior (different from the one Jessica attended) but said that his overall impression was that the dogs had not found anything significant.

Oh, that's a good thought. They'd had some rain/snow -- I wonder if there was enough runoff to have created a backup the day before and somebody reported it?

No, there was very little moisture.

Also, we somehow got a belated police bulletin from the Aurora Police about an incident on September 29 in which a hispanic couple in a gold Chevy Trailblazer were talking to a 7 year old and telling her how big she had gotten. This was 80014 neighborhood. Her mother and a neighbor overheard this and went out to look, and the car sped off...

I live in the next neighborhood over and I did get a gold Chevy trailblazer on my camera on that date at around the right time. I sent to the police but my cameras are not the best, so no license plate.

Oh, that's a good thought. They'd had some rain/snow -- I wonder if there was enough runoff to have created a backup the day before and somebody reported it?

They might just normally clean them at this time of year.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_21714407/overnight-search-fails-find-10-year-old-westminster

"Bloodhounds were used through most of Friday night. Although the dogs picked up a scent, it could have been older than Friday morning, Westminster police spokeswoman Cheri Spottke said.

"There were no strong hits," she said."

thanks for bringing this forward Ghostwheel. There has been much confusion about dogs and whether they tracked anything.

So bloodhounds were used in Jessica's immediate neighborhood and during the initial search once she was reported missing. My breakdown of this information is as follows:

Those bloodhounds seemed to pick up Jessica's scent (probably along the normally traveled route to school) but no strong hits were noted, indicating the scent picked up was likely an older one.

Later, when the backpack was found, reporters commented that bloodhounds were brought to that location and that the dogs had gone towards an elementary school near that location (not Jessica's ES but another) but could not be sure if they had actually scented/tracked anything or were just being led about seeking scent trails that were hoped to be present.

Again, after all the dog/scent/tracking confusion today, I really appreciate your bringing this info forward for clarity.

Where is it confirmed that Jessica was dismembered? "Sources" say isn't confirmation, is it? :waitasec:

Your thoughts are interesting. I googled what was on her shirt and found the link to the pee wee program:
http://standleylakeboosters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=685&Itemid=552
There is a flyer with some details about the camp but I'm not sure how to display images here. Sorry.
Looks like it took place in January 2012. I haven't seen any info about other cheer programs she may have been involved with.

Yes I saw the flyer and that the cheer camps were held in January. I wonder how the girls who participated are worked into the football program. Where I live, several moms (sort of like being a Brownie leader) head the cheer team and bring the girls out to the games to cheer for their team. In this case, the boys who would someday be Gators for the HS team.

Where I live, the 5th, 6th and junior high level football games are a BIG thing. The boys are being developed already in anticipation of what the high school football team will look like in three, four and five years down the road.

The girls who take to cheerleading when only ten to thirteen years old, will probably end up being the high school varsity team's cheerleaders when they're sixteen and seventeen.

no, we do not know that any of her remains are missing or ever were missing. We also do not know that she was dismembered... only that her body was found 'not intact'

-----------------
Hi nursebeeme. There was talk of the body not intact and talked about how they can tell the type of tools used etc..This I know was on HLN, two men talking right after the LE. had the conference on tv..They were not in a studio.One may have been from FBI..I remember thinking I was right about the head missing. He also said the perp was someone who knew what he was doing and Dis~ would have taken a long time.I'll try to look it up. :seeya:

--------------------
I found this on this page, a post below.

westminster-police-remains-found-in-jessica-ridgeway-search-not-intact

Jessica wasn't really on or near school grounds when she disappeared.
At least, it really looks like she disappeared between her home and the park where she was going to meet up with a friend. She never showed up at the park, despite leaving in plenty of time to get there.

The elementary school that the dogs allegedly went to after the backpack find is not the same school Jessica attended.
There has been no confirmation from LE, so far as I know, that the dogs were tracking and not simply seeking a track.

GrainneDhu, I know it was not the same school Jessica attended.
I said, the dogs possibly tracked her PACKPACK to that school.
I did not mean Jessica was carrying the backpack to the school.

It could have been anyone carrying her backpack or had her backpack in their backpack, or had handled her backpack that morning...just saying DOGs don't lie...sadly they can't tell us what day the trail was made that they followed..

I remember watching bits and pieces of the news the night she was found and the only trash bag I saw was a clear one that the one of the men grabbed when they removed her body on the stretcher. The bag looked clean, maybe the sheets were originally in there.

Sadly this took place on the night that we were celebrating our youngest child's birthday.
I have a picture, where a large item going under the white bag/cover LE was using had some kind of brown covering on it. Might be what people thought was a bag.

The picture is still at:
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/jessica-ridgeway/report-body-found-in-arvada-open-space-that-missing-10-year-old-girl-jessica-ridgeway

Click on Photos to the left.

Thats what I thought.

I received a notification letter from my son's school about this. The way I read it is he approached her, offered her a ride in his car, she walked away from him, and he followed. From my reading of the notice, I don't think he was actually in a vehicle and they did not describe a vehicle in the letter.

I wanted to think that coyotes did it. But I have seen several stories on ABC, and other places, as well as an ex police chief on the scene, refer to the situation as "severely dismembered" and "missing body parts."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeMi2019