CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't link to my eyes so take this with as much salt as you want -- people watching the live feed from the helicopter saw enough to know the body was not complete. I won't get any more graphic than that.

And also the fact that it could NOT be confirmed it was her till the next day, that told me that what was there was not identifiable.

Sometime earlier today or maybe last night I remember some discussion about sometimes people who commit horrific crimes against children start by committing crimes against animals. I am still so new here I don't know exactly what can and cannot be sleuthed about anyone who hasn't been named as a suspect so I won't identify anyone specifically. There was a man who committed a pretty disturbing act against a cat several years ago in Arvada (he and his younger buddy lit a cat on fire and threw it off the roof of the high school). It appears this same person plead guilty of a sex offense against a child in 2007 in Jefferson County. He has also had a couple of DUI's more recently. I am not seeing him on the sex offender registry.

I was in on this discussion last night. I think it is worth looking into someone who has abused/ killed animals who also has a history of sexual assault.

When a body is intact, some of it is missing, right?

Intact means "whole". If it is intact, it is all together, as it should be. If it is NOT intact, it is not whole. It doesn't necessarily mean pieces are missing, although they might be. It just means that all the pieces are not connected.

I thought the pillow pet was taken from Jessica's room and used as a scent article for the dogs. No where did I see where Jessica left home with it. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

As far as we know, she did not leave home with it. But we think someone claimed to have seen her with it that morning. I believe that witness was mistaken. I don't know if it was used as a scent article.

I thought the pillow pet was taken from Jessica's room and used as a scent article for the dogs. No where did I see where Jessica left home with it. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

You are correct in that no one has said in the msm that Jessica left home with her pillow pet.

In the raw interview footage, Jessica's family said that LE used the sheets from her bed as scent articles.

As far as we know, she did not leave home with it. But we think someone claimed to have seen her with it that morning. I believe that witness was mistaken. I don't know if it was used as a scent article.

Thank you Etilema! I know her sheets were used as scent articles. It would make sense if LE also used the pillow pet.

IMO, JMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

I can't link to my eyes so take this with as much salt as you want -- people watching the live feed from the helicopter saw enough to know the body was not complete. I won't get any more graphic than that.

Could you possibly post a video link to that specific video?

And/or do you, or anyone else, have a screen-shot of it?

Thanks in advance.

I'm sure this has been posted but, due to work, I haven't fully caught up yet - maybe others haven't seen it yet either:

Jessica Ridgeway case: Ex-FBI chief says 10-year-old's killer could act again

DENVER - The former head of the FBI in Colorado says several aspects of the Jessica Ridgeway case suggest the killer is still in the area and could possibly act again.

"If the parents can possibly add a little different level of protection right now until this situation is resolved, I think that would be warranted," Bob Pence, the former FBI special agent in charge for Colorado, told 7NEWS Monday.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/natio...ear-olds-killer-could-act-again#ixzz29V2j84hq

Could you possibly post a video link to that specific video?

And/or do you, or anyone else, have a screen-shot of it?

Thanks in advance.

I don't have a link and it has been blurred by the station. Too graphic to show. Someone on the forum said earlier they had a screen-shot but I don't.

theforeigner, if you check back about three or four threads ago there were many screen caps of the covered remains being carried on a back board from the field where discovered.

I hope that helps

Intact means "whole". If it is intact, it is all together, as it should be. If it is NOT intact, it is not whole. It doesn't necessarily mean pieces are missing, although they might be. It just means that all the pieces are not connected.

I know, Im sorry, I meant "not" intact.:blushing:

Is anyone familiar with other serial predators that attempted to hide the victim identities?

Concealing identification to me does not seem like a random serial. Why would it matter to the suspect if the victim was easily identified?

The only reason I could think of would be to delay the investigation. But then you would expect the victim to be better hidden and not just unidentifiable.

Ok, so I'm not totally crazy (no need to answer that). There is a variety of info (wrong or right) on dogs working at both schools.

Yes, and in other areas as well. But nothing official or reliable. The reporter who was watching the dogs working near the backpack was very careful to say he didn't know whether they had found anything.

I don't have a link and it has been blurred by the station. Too graphic to show. Someone on the forum said earlier they had a screen-shot but I don't.

I didn't save it either. I was too busy throwing up. Sorry.

I have a picture, where a large item going under the white bag/cover LE was using had some kind of brown covering on it. Might be what people thought was a bag.

The picture is still at:
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/jessica-ridgeway/report-body-found-in-arvada-open-space-that-missing-10-year-old-girl-jessica-ridgeway

Click on Photos to the left.

What you are seeing in the photo of LE holding a blanket over the remains:

Below the outstretched white sheet is a folding backboard, similar to this:
http://www.columbussupply.com/products/?productid=1224

It appears LE is folding / placing the sheet over the folded backboard in preparation to place the discovered remains on the sheet. This will enable them to fold the sheet overlap across the top of the placed remains, mainly to maintain evidence integrity and to avoid MSM video / still photos.

Where is it confirmed that Jessica was dismembered? "Sources" say isn't confirmation, is it? :waitasec:

When the remains were first discovered they couldn't even be related to missing Jessica. To me, that is very telling of the state of the remains.

At a hastily called news conference, Westminster police spokesman Trevor Materasso said, "We are unable to make a connection to the disappearance of Jessica Ridgeway."

Read more: Body found in Pattridge Park open space, police won't say whether it is Jessica Ridgeway - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21745421#ixzz29V4iLJUi
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

The cop on the scanner thread said that Jessica's purple unicorn pillow pet was on the scene. Since he was at J's house and communicating with someone at the rec center, I came to the conclusion that the pillow pet was not at the rec center. This is because the same cop adds, 'she would have had to come back here' then or something close to that comment.

So did someone mislead police by saying they saw a girl with a purple unicorn pillow pet? Or are pupp that common that it could have been another girl?

The conversation can be found in the first post 'rewind' on each thread (I think) of the scanner threads.

The comment that J would have had to return 'here' then, is what helped me determine the answer because, I agree, it's kind of confusing.

What we don't know is why the LE at the rec center was asking about her pillow pet to begin with.

Also SR said, during the family interview, that LE used J's sheets off of her bed to scent the dogs. That doesn't mean they didn't use her pupp as well.

The above is my interpretation as I can't guarantee it's 100 percent accurate but when I read the comments, I gave them alot of thought.

THis happened on Monday.

Oh, it happened yesterday, if it's the same suspect, he's still wanting the attention now. But, why in the heck are parents still letting their kids walk alone around there, or anywhere? I just don't understand it. How many attempts have there been this month, plus a murdered child that I know everyone there has heard about, geesh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member