CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, that's a good thought. They'd had some rain/snow -- I wonder if there was enough runoff to have created a backup the day before and somebody reported it?

It would be really brazen if the perp called and reported the culvert was full.

This is why I do not think the killer expected the remains to be found as quickly as they were. It was by chance. jmo I also think she was probably there before her mom woke up. jmo

Same here ... and because she was found so quickly, he will be panicking right now.

Sometime earlier today or maybe last night I remember some discussion about sometimes people who commit horrific crimes against children start by committing crimes against animals....SNIPPED for space.......

It is commonly known that SOME violent sick killers started by torturing and killing animals first, and progressed to killing people. Of course, not always, but some killers were proven to have done that.

IMO, I think your information would be good to share with LE and let LE decide whether they should followup or not. They may already be aware of it, but it may be a good idea to make sure LE is aware.

There were quite a few things you mentioned that could seem to fit with the type of person who could do such a thing. The torturing of animals, the school tie, a previous sex offense with a young person, etc.

Where is it confirmed that Jessica was dismembered? "Sources" say isn't confirmation, is it? :waitasec:

NO, I agree, it is possible (likely even in my mind) but most certainly not confirmed by LE and only these amorphous "unnamed sources" are the origins of this info.

We are speculating but trying to remember that the dismemberment is only "alleged" at the moment by those sources.

Did the video of this get removed? Maybe it is just me but when I looked I do not remember seeing anything on a black plastic bag, just them carrying a backboard covered in white. You people I think are so more observant than myself or I am blind!

I have no idea ... I'm assuming the reporter got the information from people that were at the scene.

Yes I saw the flyer and that the cheer camps were held in January. I wonder how the girls who participated are worked into the football program. Where I live, several moms (sort of like being a Brownie leader) head the cheer team and bring the girls out to the games to cheer for their team. In this case, the boys who would someday be Gators for the HS team.

Where I live, the 5th, 6th and junior high level football games are a BIG thing. The boys are being developed already in anticipation of what the high school football team will look like in three, four and five years down the road.

The girls who take to cheerleading when only ten to thirteen years old, will probably end up being the high school varsity team's cheerleaders when they're sixteen and seventeen.

Kids did a similar camp for our local high school (Denver suburb but south of JR's area) this spring. It was just a 3 day camp and a single performance. I'm not sure if it is different in Jefferson County schools or their booster programs. Anyone in the north/northwest Denver metro area and any insight?

Where is it confirmed that Jessica was dismembered? "Sources" say isn't confirmation, is it? :waitasec:

LE has mentioned several times during the pressers that the public should be sensitive to the family's feelings. I think that's why they're not being specific in their statement. Plus they're holding info close to their vests.

Still, it is what it is because if animals are to blame, they'd not take off complete hands or arms or a head. I'm sorry to say it this way but you keep asking this same question. I believe, because no teeth or fingerprints were available for the purpose of identification, the conclusion that dismemberment took place is accurate.

I can't link to my eyes so take this with as much salt as you want -- people watching the live feed from the helicopter saw enough to know the body was not complete. I won't get any more graphic than that.

GrainneDhu, I know it was not the same school Jessica attended.
I said, the dogs possibly tracked her PACKPACK to that school.
I did not mean Jessica was carrying the backpack to the school.

It could have been anyone carrying her backpack or had her backpack in their backpack, or had handled her backpack that morning...just saying DOGs don't lie...sadly they can't tell us what day the trail was made that they followed..

My point is that no one outside of the handler of that dog really knows what the dog is doing. No, dogs don't normally lie (although some do and some are trained into it). Just because the dogs were seen travelling towards the elementary school doesn't mean they were tracking. They may have been casting for scent, which can look a lot like tracking.

Until LE confirms that the handlers told them the dogs tracked from the backpack to the school, I won't believe it.

I do think that if the dogs had gotten a good hit and tracked to the school, LE would have been swarming the entire route. As of late afternoon on Sunday, they were not doing so.

When a body is intact, some of it is missing, right?

The spirit, yes.

Other than that, I would say that intact means all body parts present and accounted for with the possible exception of blood or other bodily fluids.

It is commonly known that SOME violent sick killers started by torturing and killing animals first, and progressed to killing people. Of course, not always, but some killers were proven to have done that.

IMO, I think your information would be good to share with LE and let LE decide whether they should followup or not. They may already be aware of it, but it may be a good idea to make sure LE is aware.

There were quite a few things you mentioned that could seem to fit with the type of person who could do such a thing. The torturing of animals, the school tie, a previous sex offense with a young person, etc.

I was the one who talked about killing animals. I'm not an expert. But it seems that there are two different types of individuals who could have killed Jessica. One is a psychopathic killer. They tend to kill animals first. They tend to be serial killers. The second is a sexual predator. They have sexual impulses that cause them to act.

Serial killers sometimes commit sexual crimes during their killings. And sexual predators sometimes kill their victims.

Assuming that Jessica was sexually assaulted, the question that must be answered is whether LE should be looking for a psychopath who rapes or a child rapist who kills.

Kids did a similar camp for our local high school (Denver suburb but south of JR's area) this spring. It was just a 3 day camp and a single performance. I'm not sure if it is different in Jefferson County schools or their booster programs. Anyone in the north/northwest Denver metro area and any insight?

Well I'd sure like to know because that could explain why Jessica's sent was tracked in and around Standley Lake. Could be that she only participated in the camp but what if she went on to cheer for the youth football team/s?

Of course her mother would know. I'm sure (or am I?) LE has explored and considered J's activities and the common areas she was exposed too.

LE has mentioned several times during the pressers that the public should be sensitive to the family's feelings. I think that's why they're not being specific in their statement. Plus they're holding info close to their vests.

Still, it is what it is because if animals are to blame, they'd not take off complete hands or arms or a head. I'm sorry to say it this way but you keep asking this same question. I believe, because no teeth or fingerprints were available for the purpose of identification, the conclusion that dismemberment took place is accurate.

Wow. Had no idea that all that was missing. He certainly didn't want her identified did he. Parents must be even more devastated than they already were.

GrainneDhu, I know it was not the same school Jessica attended.
I said, the dogs possibly tracked her PACKPACK to that school.
I did not mean Jessica was carrying the backpack to the school.

It could have been anyone carrying her backpack or had her backpack in their backpack, or had handled her backpack that morning...just saying DOGs don't lie...sadly they can't tell us what day the trail was made that they followed..

Except we don't know if they were actually following a trail in this case.

Ok, so I'm not totally crazy (no need to answer that). There is a variety of info (wrong or right) on dogs working at both schools.

If it's the suspect from Jessica's case, he sure likes stalking kids at parks and today was Jessica's day to be remembered. I wouldn't be surprised. He's missing the attention, if it's him.

THis happened on Monday.

I thought the pillow pet was taken from Jessica's room and used as a scent article for the dogs. No where did I see where Jessica left home with it. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

Wow. Had no idea that all that was missing. He certainly didn't want her identified did he. Parents must be even more devastated than they already were.

Let me add, this is what I've gathered from other facts. Not intact and couldn't identify (meaning no face, no fingerprints). From other cases, I'm reading between the lines and know that they probably found only J's torso. Animals would leave remains looking different and LE would say 'because of the elements and animal activity' but J was not out in the elements that long and it was cooler temperatures and not very humid conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
subzero55