Found Safe WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to the U.S. Attorney's Office, Aung was indicted by a grand jury on Thursday and waived his detention hearing. Aung was expected to appear in court on Thursday.
The U.S. Attorney's Office also said a federal grand jury indicted Aung's father, Jaimes, on Thursday also. Jaimes Aung is expected to appear in court for a first appearance on Friday, August 8 at 11 a.m.

I think the article meant that James Aung will appear in court tomorrow, Friday August 9, not 8. No mention of the third person.

AUG 8, 2024
Court documents filed Thursday show Jaimes Aung was indicted on charges of conspiracy to commit international parental kidnapping.

Much of the indictment has been redacted, but it alleges Jaimes Aung conspired with his son Aaron to remove Aaron's daughter from the country instead of handing the child over to her mother.

According to the indictment, Jaimes Aung's Cadillac was used as part of the kidnapping.

Federal prosecutors allege Jaimes Aung also assisted his son in avoiding law enforcement detention "by exchanging coded/encrypted messages and warning [redacted] about the ongoing investigation and how to avoid detection."

AUG 8, 2024
Court documents filed Thursday show Jaimes Aung was indicted on charges of conspiracy to commit international parental kidnapping.

Much of the indictment has been redacted, but it alleges Jaimes Aung conspired with his son Aaron to remove Aaron's daughter from the country instead of handing the child over to her mother.

According to the indictment, Jaimes Aung's Cadillac was used as part of the kidnapping.

Federal prosecutors allege Jaimes Aung also assisted his son in avoiding law enforcement detention "by exchanging coded/encrypted messages and warning [redacted] about the ongoing investigation and how to avoid detection."

wow and most of us suspected they were involved in a deeper way
wonder how they'll change the website now

Aw, snap. Where's that Aung family statement now?

Would be tasty to review.

Wasn't there something about this young couple -- she studied law, he planned to join the National Guard, and together, weren't they of exceptional moral character?

SHE left her family at the airport gate, left them with worry and fear and out the cost of their travel. HE stole his daughter with apparently no plan past the Cadillac. Had no home, no resources, no employment, no income and in the end, no money, no travel papers, living in a car without food, the child sick with an ear infection apparently and no medical care in sight. Showering, bathrooming, nutrition, health care -- all lacking. Not exactly the poster for fine parenting. And Aung senior aided that????

So many senseless, illegal maneuvers, placing that child at increasing risk.

The penalties should be extreme, to match.

JMO

AUG 8, 2024

Bummer, dude.

jmo

AUG 8, 2024

Are we surprised by this? Not in the least.

Redactions?
There are 2 additional names listed as defendants that are currently redacted, but if you read the indictment you can figure out who they are…
@lesleyNOPE. Thx for your post w the indictment.

Yep, mos' def' looks like redactions in noth counts have space for TWO other defendants' names.

Nadia is also a defendent according to indictement

Any idea of the charges she is facing?

I'm presuming as accomplice to international kidnapping of minor? Could be worse as she is not a family member and has no casé to argue in her defence
I didn’t think she would walk away from this unscathed. Glad to see that she will be facing the consequences of her actions as well.

Bring it on!

I'm presuming as accomplice to international kidnapping of minor? Could be worse as she is not a family member and has no casé to argue in her defence
Wondering if Nadia is facing charges along with some other unnamed probably Aung family member, why then is that portion redacted and why is that not being mentioned in the press?

Were they presented to the grand jury as possible defendants but not charged? Just odd to me that AA and daddy dearest are being covered but the remaining names are redacted from the indictment doc.

AUG 8, 2024

The Aung family thought they weren’t subject to the law, happy to see they are facing legal consequences. I wonder what these charges would result in if found guilty?

It looks to me like she was indicted, too, but all the news coverage I can find only mentions AA and his dad, JA. Why isn't her name appearing?

Wondering if Nadia is facing charges along with some other unnamed probably Aung family member, why then is that portion redacted and why is that not being mentioned in the press?

Were they presented to the grand jury as possible defendants but not charged? Just odd to me that AA and daddy dearest are being covered but the remaining names are redacted from the indictment doc.
In the indictment I believe one of the 2 redacted names was Aaron’s dad. IMO the names were redacted when the indictment was made public until the other two people that were indicted are in custody as a safety precaution.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tx-tinman
Back