DNA Doe Project - General Discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
July 23, 2024

CANTON ‒ The Stark County Sheriff's Office has identified a man whose remains were found more than four years ago next to an oil well in Pike Township.

Stark County Sheriff George Maier and Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost will hold a press conference at 10:30 a.m. Thursday to announce the identity of the individual.

View attachment 519985

Wonderful news! So far Ohio agencies make announcements pretty fast.

I created a thread here for Montreal River John Doe 2017 a few months ago. Last week a person who said he is his siblings posted that Montreal River John Doe 2017 has been identified with the assistance of the DDP. The Canadian LEs don’t always make official statements about identification, in any case I am glad Montreal River John Doe 2017 has been identified
Montreal River John Doe Ontario, Canada has been identified! His identity won’t be released

Using investigative genetic genealogy, through the DNA Doe Project, police managed to identify the deceased male and share their findings with his family.

However, the identity of the deceased male will not be shared publicly out of respect for the family’s wishes.

“Thanks to the investigative efforts and support from many OPP units, the (Office of the Chief Coroner/Ontario Forensic Pathology Service) and the DNA Doe Project, a family has finally received answers about their loved one,” Acting Detective Superintendent Daniel Nadeau, an OPP investigator, said in a Tuesday news release.

Laguna Beach Jane Doe 1982, California moved to Active research, she was found located shortly after death, her PMI was mintes

I couldn’t find her thread on websleuth

Laguna Beach Jane Doe 1982, California moved to Active research, she was found located shortly after death, her PMI was mintes

I couldn’t find her thread on websleuth

Lansing Street John Doe 1996 Also moved from Pending cases to Active research

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46