DNA Doe Project - General Discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
July 23, 2024

CANTON ‒ The Stark County Sheriff's Office has identified a man whose remains were found more than four years ago next to an oil well in Pike Township.

Stark County Sheriff George Maier and Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost will hold a press conference at 10:30 a.m. Thursday to announce the identity of the individual.

View attachment 519985

Wonderful news! So far Ohio agencies make announcements pretty fast.

The website has had a bit of a facelift. Instead of pages it seems like it's just one database/table now and you can sort it by active, pending, etc, and sort it by date ascending or descending.

I created a thread here for Montreal River John Doe 2017 a few months ago. Last week a person who said he is his siblings posted that Montreal River John Doe 2017 has been identified with the assistance of the DDP. The Canadian LEs don’t always make official statements about identification, in any case I am glad Montreal River John Doe 2017 has been identified
Montreal River John Doe Ontario, Canada has been identified! His identity won’t be released

Using investigative genetic genealogy, through the DNA Doe Project, police managed to identify the deceased male and share their findings with his family.

However, the identity of the deceased male will not be shared publicly out of respect for the family’s wishes.

“Thanks to the investigative efforts and support from many OPP units, the (Office of the Chief Coroner/Ontario Forensic Pathology Service) and the DNA Doe Project, a family has finally received answers about their loved one,” Acting Detective Superintendent Daniel Nadeau, an OPP investigator, said in a Tuesday news release.

Laguna Beach Jane Doe 1982, California moved to Active research, she was found located shortly after death, her PMI was mintes

I couldn’t find her thread on websleuth

Laguna Beach Jane Doe 1982, California moved to Active research, she was found located shortly after death, her PMI was mintes

I couldn’t find her thread on websleuth

Lansing Street John Doe 1996 Also moved from Pending cases to Active research

Two New cases from Pennsylvania and Illinois!

There is actually another new case, it is already in Active research. It is one of these weird cases, where somebody kept a human skull at work/home. Surprisingly, there are so many of these cases

There is actually another new case, it is already in Active research. It is one of these weird cases, where somebody kept a human skull at work/home. Surprisingly, there are so many of these cases

It is not unusual for the science departments of colleges and universities to have a cadaver or two in their possession. At least that has been my observation from professional experience. Usually it is someone whose body was donated for students to study or for research. I am wondering if this is the case with the skull fragment? Maybe it was from a donated child cadaver that they no longer have? Either way it will be interesting to see who it belongs to and how old it is.

Last edited:
Press conference will be held by Pleasant Prairie Police Chief to announce a significant development in Kenosha John Doe Case, 1993.
His Namus was removed a few months ago

Kenosha John Doe has been identified as Ronald Louis Dodge, born December 27, 1952 in Wisconsin. He was a member of the Menominee tribe who was known to be last living in the North Side of Chicago. His brother saw a press release with his reconstruction and contacted the Medical Examiner's Office for a DNA test. Ronald's death has been determined to be a homicide

RIP Ronald

Authorities ID 1993 homicide victim found in Kenosha County as Ronald Dodge

RonaldDodge.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member