CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see it either. Is it the white object below the stretcher?

beneath the sheet area and beneath the backboard thingy - I see something that may be crumpled brown paper or perhaps a fleshtoned something. I also see an area of red appearing on that paperbag/fleshtoned maybe unidentified something.

I cannot say that I see anything that I can say is a torso or a clearly severed hand area.

Everyone sees things differently. I guess that is the biggest beauty of this forum. We all bring such varied opinions to the table.

ETA although I do believe what LE found was a torso, I do not SEE that in the stills or the video

with all due respect, a visual identification is unlikely to be used alone in drowning cases, simply because the body is severely affected by being in water.

Further, drowning would be considered an "unexplained death" in most cases and an autopsy would be carried out, with the appropriate forensics.

I'm sorry for your losses.

Umm, no, it wasn't an unexplained death when there were witnesses to what happened.

My first BIL was only in the water for 14 hours, so he wasn't "severely affected." No autopsy for the second BIL, as he was the one where there were several witnesses.

A visual ID is unlikely to be used anymore, period, as twall pointed out above.

Thank you.

Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
Please be cautious of hearsay and rumors. Accurate information/updates about #JessicaRidgeway will come from @WestminsterPD.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Investigators are still working to ID body found in open space. Process is complicated because the body is not intact. #jessicaridgeway

Official information about the #jessicaridgeway investigation will only come from the Westminster PD and not outside sources.

https://twitter.com/WestminsterPD

eta: the only thing that actually came from LE in that article was the part about the predator being on the loose

We recognize there is a predator in our community...we are doing everything in our power to apprehend that individual #jessicaridgeway

I thought when it is printed in MSM it is valid?

I really think they are talking about rumors in the community or on social media websites. Such as incorrect theories on who possibly did it.

It has been in every main stream media article I have read. I really do believe if it was not true the police would come out and correct it. They wouldnt want the community left with the impression that the predator dismembered her if it wasn't true.

It would be very simple for them to say it was due to animal activity if that was the case. At least that wouldnt make it so scary for the community.

IMO

beneath the sheet area and beneath the backboard thingy - I see something that may be crumpled brown paper or perhaps a fleshtoned something. I also see an area of red appearing on that paperbag/fleshtoned maybe unidentified something.

I cannot say that I see anything that I can say is a torso or a clearly severed hand area.

Everyone sees things differently. I guess that is the biggest beauty of this forum. We all bring such varied opinions to the table.

I interpret what I see as the other side of the folded stretcher. In other words, I'm lost as to how someone can see these details.

For those who saw the remains, could you share in medical terms what you saw? (ie, torso and one hand...etc) so we can have a clearer understanding?

Does this law only apply to "unexplained" deaths or does it apply to anyone who passes away?

I would bet my bottom dollar it's reserved for those who are autopsied. People die every day, the back log and cost would be mind blowing if every single death had to be forensically confirmed.

My opinion only of course.

It's applied to unattended deaths (car wrecks, drownings, homicide, suicide, ect)deaths where a doctor isn't present, ect...Hopefully, this explanation about covers it, because I can't make it any clearer.

I really need to step away, because all this sniping is really getting old.

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

The remains are under the stretcher. Maybe the person who said they saw the picture before it was covered can clarify.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/294689/188/Investigators-receive-4000-tips-in-Ridgeway-case

Investigators looking into the murder of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway say they've received 4,000 tips since she went missing. On Tuesday they received 362 tips.

I hope they are getting real tips, but at 4000, I have to think there are a lot of time-wasters in there.

Just hope the real perp is in there somewhere and it doesn't take too long to get to him. That is a lot of "tips" to work through.

I lost 2 cousins in a violent automobile accident and visually identified. Despite both having IDs on them, they were listed as unidentifieds because LE ASSUMED their IDs were fake, no contact was made at their correct addresses on those IDs, and they were held at the ME until we realized they hadn't been heard from since going out to a club over the weekend and tracked them down. (I will not detour into the racial profiling of Latinos that lead LE to make that assumption..) but yes, the remains were horribly disfigured, but recognizable, and a visual ID was all that was required to release the bodies.

ETA I was given photographs of the faces and upper bodies at the ME office to identify, I did not witness the actual remains.

I am so sorry marazul. (((Hugs)))

This is my first time posting, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed that Westminster-Arvada-Superior forms a triangle. I think I read a post here before, but I can't find it.

It's applied to unattended deaths (car wrecks, drownings, homicide, suicide, ect)deaths where a doctor isn't present, ect...Hopefully, this explanation about covers it, because I can't make it any clearer.

I really need to step away, because all this sniping is really getting old.

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

Precisely, unattended deaths, not those signed off by a doctor.

Most deaths occur either in hospital or in the home and are expected, eg the person is unwell or elderley.

A small percentage are unexplained and must be investigated by the coroner. This would be where the new laws come in, and rightly so.

I am sorry you feel that any discussion is "sniping", it is not my intent.

Clarity is my intent.

:cow:

They wouldn't ask the family to ID a torso, if that's all they have in this case. Really badly damaged/decomposed remains would have to be ID'd by forensics, you are correct.

It must be so horrific for Jessica's loved ones to know what condition she was found in, and not have the other remains.

I simply cannot imagine what they are going through.

:cow:

Yes,I don't think they'd even ask them to ID if they had a head that wasn't attached, except maybe by photo. And yes, I can't imagine the horror. My God.

This is my first time posting, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed that Westminster-Arvada-Superior forms a triangle. I think I read a post here before, but I can't find it.

hi Lacopter! Welcome to WS!

I think I saw that posted too.

Respectfully, I disagree. Both my BIL's when they died were forensically identified, even though they were visually identified by a family member. Both died from drowning, and unfortunately I have experience in this area. LE said they had to make sure that they were who we said they were.

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all disclaimers.

Condolences on your losses. That's sad.

I interpret what I see as the other side of the folded stretcher. In other words, I'm lost as to how someone can see these details.

For those who saw the remains, could you share in medical terms what you saw? (ie, torso and one hand...etc) so we can have a clearer understanding?

I too cannot see those details but I can see where what is visible in that one still could be "interpreted" as a torso and another area where it could further "suggest" blood in a clean cut wound.

Maybe my eyes are just too old but I am having trouble discerning exactly what is there. but I will say I can see the area of the photo people are referring to and understand why they think they clearly see this or that.

Thanks for the link but that is not the correct video.

The video sequence I´m looking for is the one where you can, to some extend, can see the actual bodyparts, as I understand it it is from the very first video shots a news helicopter took of the crime scene.
Yes, I too did a very quick, very cursory search of the internet for this original video that I do know for a fact is still posted SOMEWHERE...the question is exactly where that SOMEWHERE is??..

I know someone posting here just yeaterday knew where this video could be viewed at but upon searching back thru yesterdays posts i'm unable to loacte it..

Anyone who knows the answer could you please REpost, if not the link, then atleast a point in the direction for which we can successfully locate this particular video clip?

TIA:)

ITA, however, many have been stating that the remains were dismembered or hacked up or whatever terminology you want to insert here as fact rather than alleged or speculated of believed.

That has been causing mods a problem for days now as they are trying to keep the facts straight from the unnamed source info (speculation/rumor/etc) for all of us here and maintain the factual integrity of these threads.

The discussion will probably continue as long as this topic remains (no pun intended) up in the air and posters continue to suggest that it is a fact that Jessica was dismembered/hacked/whatever terminology you wish to insert here.

I believe she was dismembered. But I acknowledge that is not fact, having not been stated by anyone but reporters quoting unnamed sources.

I join you. Not a fact. Nancy Grace is stating it as fact though. She has a woman reporter on location who used the word 'dismembered' to describe how the remains were found. By the way, NG seems to respect the reporter too because she's not 'yelled' at her - lol! Local LE are being sensitive to the family but the family must have been told. I'm simply expounding on why I think what I do and can't rewind the image that's in my brain.

Plus I am finding this particular LE strange in some ways. I know they're working around the clock and all but they said, 'no reason to believe children are being plucked off the street' and now this? They sort of have a 'want their cake and eat it too' way of approaching things imo.

Is HLN not considered MSN?

Will any of you locals be at the memorial tonight? We will be lighting a candle for Jessica in Louisiana tonight. My heart is with her family, the Westminster community, and the hundreds of LE focused on hunting down the monster responsible.
I will add another Louisiana candle in Jessica's memory, and I have relatives in Parker, CO who aren't going, but will also light candles tonight.

Yes, it's been mentioned several times. Not sure of exact posts, though.

Somebody pointed out also that it makes half a circle, with highway 93 as roughly the diameter. The theory was that the perp would live in the other half of the circle. I'm poking at that but haven't come up with anything yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shablee