CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is exactly what I think a la Laura Palmer (but not to that extent of course).
the question is WHY was she maybe not on path? and who would she have come in contact with in that case.

Does anyone have a link for when they said there was a witness? Was it reported in MSM? I am wondering whether it could be the one who said they saw her at 8:30 walking south, from the rec center?

Heya. I'm new but I've been lurking for a few days and I think I have a handle on the rules (although I'd love to know what basement/downstairs means).

I'm hoping this site counts as mainstream media. (Colorodoan.) I'm posting the link because it seems relevant to the current discussion of the body recovery site; the story this photo gallery is linked to is old so it's probably been posted before, but I haven't seen it. (I've read many, but not all of the complete threads.) I don't see anything graphic (but you all have sharper eyes than I do--the shots are obviously aerial and quite far off), but it's still disturbing as is, and gives some angles I haven't seen yet (plus the creepy tree).

http://www.coloradoan.com/viewgal/?Site=G2&Date=20121010&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=310100064&Ref=PH&Item=0

Welcome to WS thess! :balloons:

(downstairs, basement is the members only area. When you are on the main page where you see the list of all the subcategories such as: In the news, Crimes in the news, missing but not forgotten...etc. Keep scrolling down and the last set of threads you see are the private ones. They are the parking lot, jury room, etc. It's for off topic chat. But, they also have scanner threads down there for different cases. HTH!)

It is not safe to glance toward or walk within a mile of an unaccompanied child in Colorado. And if someone happens to have a blue sedan in the JR area, they are probably stressing out too.

THIS is what I am telling my daughter!!! They have to be an IDIOT to try to talk to a little girl right now, or a sicko! My 12 year old and her friend, same age, were walking around Walmart, and a grown man came up and started trying to talk to them. They took off and found us, and I couldnt find him. It may have been completely innocent, but you have to be an IDIOT to try and talk to a child in this state. I tell her there is NO REASON for an adult to try to talk to you, if your parent is not around. NONE. I told her do NOT worry about being rude. DO IT - BE RUDE!!! Walk away, and scream if you feel threatened. I promised her that NO ONE would EVER be upset at her for doing that!!

:please:

THIS is what I am telling my daughter!!! They have to be an IDIOT to try to talk to a little girl right now, or a sicko! My 12 year old and her friend, same age, were walking around Walmart, and a grown man came up and started trying to talk to them. They took off and found us, and I couldnt find him. It may have been completely innocent, but you have to be an IDIOT to try and talk to a child in this state. I tell her there is NO REASON for an adult to try to talk to you, if your parent is not around. NONE. I told her do NOT worry about being rude. DO IT - BE RUDE!!! Walk away, and scream if you feel threatened. I promised her that NO ONE would EVER be upset at her for doing that!!

:please:

Good that you told her that. (And creepy that some guy at Walmart tried to talk to two 12-year-olds.)

I read somewhere on this board that maybe suspect was leaving clues for LE--
If you take the first letter of the three cities - Superior-Arvada-Westminster, it spells SAW--Maybe to taunt LE? Also, what about Jessica (Ridge)way and her body was found at Pat(ridge) Park. Just a thought.

Or since most psychopaths think 180 degrees of normal folks; WAS...

I'm going to go get a box of kleenix, I know I'm going to need them. I'm already tearing up from reading today! :cry:

Tried to see if it could be quickly edited to see any clearer...result not really..
PicsArt_1350427632845.jpg

When I put this photo through Lightroom 3, I was able to discern something under the white sheet that appears to be some sort of furniture. Look up under the LE's arms (the guy infront of the CSI guy. Look at the guy holding up the sheet - now look under his arms). You might see metal there (at least this is what I think I see. It seems to be some kind of furniture under the sheet? It has a back area, a seat area, and the white metal frame? What the hell is that? What was I supposed to try to see in this photo?

When I put this photo through Lightroom 3, I was able to discern something under the white sheet that appears to be some sort of furniture. Look up under the LE's arms (the guy infront of the CSI guy. Look at the guy holding up the sheet - now look under his arms). You might see metal there (at least this is what I think I see. It seems to be some kind of furniture under the sheet? It has a back area, a seat area, and the white metal frame? What the hell is that? What was I supposed to try to see in this photo?

A stretcher, I think.

I know I said this before but my last shared thought on "not intact"

MO is that LE could, and would, have said "due to being left in the elements and scavenger activity, the body is no longer intact" if it was due to animal activity, because they wouldn't want to leave that open to sensational interpretation if it was so. I feel confident assuming that the perp caused her remains to be "not intact". Of all the things LE routinely keeps guarded, they have consistently been up front in disclosing when remains have suffered consequences of a natural environment.
It is also possible it is BOTH. Just keeping an open mind.

Pretty sure it is a folded up stretcher.

From the Wesminster Police Department Facebook page

"The FBI has been able to rule out the Wyoming abductor in our case."

http://www.facebook.com/westminsterpolice

No explanation as to why, but they have clearly ruled the man out.
ARGHH!! Why can I not find or see that statement on that page? Everyone keeps saying it's there, yet I cannot find it ANYWHERE.

Mumble, mutter....

Hello all. I am new here and I have not had time to read through all the posts regarding Jessica so if this is redundant I apologize.

i have read some posts by Zola who seemed to be on the same line of thought I am. I have also noted that Zola lives in Westminster CO as do I therefore we share alot of the same knowledge of the surrounding area.

The place where Jessica was found is surrounded by urban legends as some have pointed out. I have personally been to that very sight when I was in my younger years. We would take girls there and try and scare them... juvenile no doubt but thats what young teens do. The old structure next to where Jessica's body was found had recently been used in satanic rituals as there was old animal bones arranged in patterns, red candles and pentagrams spray painted on the walls. There were also heavy rumours about satanic activity about the place. Granted this was 15-20 years ago but it sounds like not much has changed.

Zola made mention in a thread regarding the search for Jessica (before she was found) about the placement of certain clues. It has occured to many of us that whoever did this WANTED the backpack and the body to be found as can be deduced by the way they were discarded. <modsnip>

For those that can't stream.

Music is softly playing. So softly I can't identify the songs.

Stage has huge projection screen as backdrop and Jessica's picture is showing on it now.

Cam operator is scanning crowd from time to time. (I'm sure their recording who's there too).

ETA: yes I'm and ENG major and yes I did type whose for who's hah! corrected now :)

ARGHH!! Why can I not find or see that statement on that page? Everyone keeps saying it's there, yet I cannot find it ANYWHERE.

Mumble, mutter....

I can't either. Plus doesn't the Westminster police have a page that's public? I don't have FB.

Mumble, mutter....

Check out comments under 'we have been asked what we.....'

There's another similar statement but I can't find it now.

Out of all of these statistics, this [bolded] is what disturbs me most. Why are we NOT watching our children? I see it daily - kids as young as FOUR walking by themselves to school each morning. That is such easy access for someone with ill intent.

Saw the smallest kids walking home today. WHY? And the immediate danger is traffic, which they seem oblivious to. Our city spent 1.8 million a couple of years ago to install sidewalks so kids can walk to school from ungodly distances. Trust me that I did not laugh when our school district budget was short by 1.8 million.

Why are we encouraging kids to walk alone? The time is close to changing and these little ones will continue to walk. In the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni