CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting he is showing up here.

Check out his birthday as well. Also there is a PDF out there with detail on the walmart report and it is very interesting to read considering the guesses on his victims age.

http://www.bustedoffenders.com/michigan/taylor/sex-offenders/kevin-ross-salyers/20021560

Hi, the national database has him listed as * incarcerated. But I will check on that to make sure. Good info thanks. http://www.nsopw.gov/Core/OffenderSearchResults.aspx

A motorhome would really stand out in that neighborhood. The streets are rather small. Killer likely used a non-distinguishable car or truck.

You might be right - especially since I noticed it right off the bat when scrolling through the streetview near Chelsea Park. That said though... if you were used to seeing it in the area, then it wouldn't stand out at all would it? Not beyond the initial few days that it arrived in town.

Can anyone give me an idea of how many DNA test in the area of Denver can be done per day......I know its a difficult question but the answer will help on the timeline (or how long it will take ) to identify the ...........of course he may not be in the system.....just asking?????????????

The FBI headquarters for the entire western region of the US is located in Denver. It's gigantic. I am sure they have enough resources locally to handle DNA testing and interviews. The number of tips they have received is so large that they are likely working around the clock with paperwork and test results. Also the number of hospitals and their satellite branches throughout Denver metro are at least 20, and that's a modest estimate. This is all opinion of course but based on my own observations from finding doctors for my kids and honestly getting lost a few times and stumbling upon the FBI headquarters by mistake. Lol

I agree. I mean, they do it in TV shows/movies, so you know LE was doing it first and advises the screenwriters about what really goes down in an investigation.

I'm honestly not trying to be rude or argumentative and I'm a firm believer in the public calling in any tips they may have regarding suspicious persons, events or places that may be related to this crime...no matter how insignificant, but I have to say this: There is a huge difference between tips and telling 30+ agencies how to do their job. Those who work in LE are trained to handle this type of situation. They really do know what they are doing and when the public calls to tell them what to do or what to look at, it really ties up precious man hours that could be better devoted to the investigation. This is just my 2 cents and I'm sure there will be many who attempt to argue with me or diminish the job LE has done in past cases but considering the sheer volume of calls this case is receiving, to make another call telling LE what should be done is distracting from the goal, IMO.

Concerning your statement on traffic cams, at least in Denver and the surrounding suburbs there are traffic cams at nearly every intersection regardless of the area of town. Drivers around here are very cautious and rarely go over the speed limit - you'd be amazed at how many people ride in the left lane going five to ten miles under the posted limit. The traffic cams are set up to deter people blowing through late yellows or red lights. The majority of Denver locals seem to adhere well to basic traffic safety laws, with very few exceptions. This is coming from a recent transplant to Denver and I drive everywhere around here. I'm very aware of the traffic cams and I've only been here seven months. While there is a good chance the perp was caught on one of the many cameras at an intersection, if he is a local or regularly frequents the area in which Jessica was abducted, he may have known which streets to take so as to avoid that.

i will ditto this. colorado is the state of "drive under the speed limit" drivers....never seen such slow drivers and ive lived all over the country! lol i also agree with the lights at intersections. the town i live in, south of denver, almost every intersection has traffic cams.

Kinda' had a "duh" moment..

"I think everybody needs to be careful. In this case we have what I consider a pretty clear and imminent danger that it could very well happen again," Pence said.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/2...a-Ridgeways-killer-may-have-attended-memorial

They are saying it could happen again and I know some have said they do not think this was the perp's first time.

If it wasn't his first, does LE mean only abduction?

If it wasn't his first, does LE mean "not first abduction with a killing"?

If he is local, I don't recall any post about other missing girls that were killed and not "left intact".

So, is this someone that is recently local or someone that has a job that he travels with or does he travel/vacation in different spots.

There has to be something that points some former LE to think this wasn't "the first".

I hope I make sense.

Sorry, but where did LE say this wasn't his first time? You are asking what LE meant by that comment, but in an effort to keep the record straight, I don't believe the LE working on this case have said that.

Quoting from the article you linked:

"I think everybody needs to be careful. In this case we have what I consider a pretty clear and imminent danger that it could very well happen again," Pence said.

BBM

This statement was from a former FBI profiler, not current LE. Saying "it could very well happen again" isn't quite the same thing, IMO, as saying this perp has acted before. It just says he may act again.

I'm not discounting any theories that say this guy has done this before, because I think the same thing.

But in order to keep the record straight between theories and facts, I just wanted to point out what was really said.

Who's Adam Baker? TIA

Adam Baker was married to the <Mod Snip> step-mother who killed Zahra Baker here in NC. He claimed not to have any knowledge of her death despite the fact that he didn't report her missing from the home for almost 2 weeks. She was butchered in the bathtub and her body was scattered out in the woods. Her head was severed and hasn't been recovered to date. Adam Baker was never charged and returned to his native Australia a free man.<Mod Snip>.

Adam Baker was married to the<MOd Snip>step-mother who killed Zahra Baker here in NC. He claimed not to have any knowledge of her death despite the fact that he didn't report her missing from the home for almost 2 weeks. She was butchered in the bathtub and her body was scattered out in the woods. Her head was severed and hasn't been recovered to date. Adam Baker was never charged and returned to his native Australia a free man.<Mod Snip>.

OMG, I have never heard about this story. I feel like I've lived a sheltered life. That is horrific.

Can anyone give me an idea of how many DNA test in the area of Denver can be done per day......I know its a difficult question but the answer will help on the timeline (or how long it will take ) to identify the ...........of course he may not be in the system.....just asking?????????????

im dont think that can be answered. there are a crap load of forensic labs - state, county and federal level along with private companies (in state and out of state). many government labs send out work to private companies due to urgency and case load.

we have no idea who is doing the testing for this case. testing can be done quickly....it all depends on the rush and who is doing it....

Denver has a brand new forensic lab - i got a special invitation tour of it not too long ago....you can see a tour video online (for those interested)

and then there is what we will be told....testing could already be completed and they just keep things hush hush for the sake of the case.

OMG, I have never heard about this story. I feel like I've lived a sheltered life. That is horrific.

There is an entire thread devoted to Zahra here on WS and a ton of reports if you google her name.

Adam Baker was married to the Mod Snip> step-mother who killed Zahra Baker here in NC. He claimed not to have any knowledge of her death despite the fact that he didn't report her missing from the home for almost 2 weeks. She was butchered in the bathtub and her body was scattered out in the woods. Her head was severed and hasn't been recovered to date. Adam Baker was never charged and returned to his native Australia a free man.<Mod Snip>.

Thank you. I didn't follow that case. Sickening......

That was a truly horrific case to follow and many of us who did were forever affected.

i will ditto this. colorado is the state of "drive under the speed limit" drivers....never seen such slow drivers and ive lived all over the country! lol i also agree with the lights at intersections. the town i live in, south of denver, almost every intersection has traffic cams.

It's really maddening sometimes. How about when they slam on the brakes when they realize they aren't going to make the yellow so they don't go over the line and get their photo snapped? Lol. Also, sorry to be OT, but I love your signature. Has special meaning to me in a few ways. Are you by any chance from SC? That's their state motto.

It was horrific that anyone could do this to a child especially a handicapped child:banghead:Don't go read the threads about it if you have a weak stomach. HTH.

The FBI headquarters for the entire western region of the US is located in Denver. It's gigantic. I am sure they have enough resources locally to handle DNA testing and interviews. The number of tips they have received is so large that they are likely working around the clock with paperwork and test results. Also the number of hospitals and their satellite branches throughout Denver metro are at least 20, and that's a modest estimate. This is all opinion of course but based on my own observations from finding doctors for my kids and honestly getting lost a few times and stumbling upon the FBI headquarters by mistake. Lol

Thank you sassy for the quick reply and your inside knowledge ......very much appreciated......

Rick

It's really maddening sometimes. How about when they slam on the brakes when they realize they aren't going to make the yellow so they don't go over the line and get their photo snapped? Lol. Also, sorry to be OT, but I love your signature. Has special meaning to me in a few ways. Are you by any chance from SC? That's their state motto.

so true!! lol

nope, not from SC :)

Yea its kind of off topic here, but that little girl fought cancer and won..though she had a prosthetic leg. Her stepmom clearly had jealousy issues and anger problems..that little girl was tortured in more ways than one from what I can tell while her dad did little to nothing to help her. Poor baby fought her whole life one thing after another. I still to this day think her head is missing because Elisa knows she did something so awful to her head that it would prove it was no accident etc. So perhaps in this Jessica ridgeway case..maybe there is a reason for her what ever body parts that are missing to be missing..as in maybe it would contain evidence?? Or maybe animals dragged stuff off..But either way, who ever did this needs to be caught and brought to Justice.

Just wanted to add: I also think Elisa Baker knew that Zahra's bio mom was looking for her and was going to come and get her or make contact very soon... I really believe this is a major factor in why she was killed. JMO

Yea its kind of off topic here, but that little girl fought cancer and won..though she had a prosthetic leg. Her stepmom clearly had jealousy issues and anger problems..that little girl was tortured in more ways than one from what I can tell while her dad did little to nothing to help her. Poor baby fought her whole life one thing after another. I still to this day think her head is missing because Elisa knows she did something so awful to her head that it would prove it was no accident etc. So perhaps in this Jessica ridgeway case..maybe there is a reason for her what ever body parts that are missing to be missing..as in maybe it would contain evidence?? Or maybe animals dragged stuff off..But either way, who ever did this needs to be caught and brought to Justice.

Just wanted to add: I also think Elisa Baker knew that Zahra's bio mom was looking for her and was going to come and get her or make contact very soon... I really believe this is a major factor in why she was killed. JMO

This woman reminds me of my own stepmother. I won't let my kids around her; she is irrationally jealous. I feel if I'd been a child when my dad met her I would be at the very best really, really messed up...at the very worst, dead. This poor little girl. She went through so much to begin with. Her entire life as you said was one struggle after another. I don't mean to sound crass but she would have had a better end if the cancer had taken her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper