CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to keep up with this thread for awhile, but I just can't do it any more. Every time I get a minute to check it, there are 40+ new pages! Would someone mind giving a very brief update? Any suspects that we know about? Any new details released by LE? Any word from Jessica's poor family? Any credible leaks?

Thanks in advance!!

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but was the memorial service the only service that will be given for Jessica? Is there just going to be a private burial at some point?

The cameras on the traffic lights at 86th and Indiana are probably just traffic sensors used to control the lights. If so, they would not have recorded images.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I used to live in Jessica's neighborhood about 11 years ago. It is nice and you'd never think something like this would happen. Just to note that it is very accessible to a lot of commercial establishments on Wadsworth, including a Bally's Fitness Club. This club had a huge traffic of morning workout fanatics. Maybe too obvious that the killer worked out in the morning and then drove about 2 minutes over to where Jessica was. I'm sure LE has looked into this, but it was just an odd angle I thought of just from having lived there.

Interesting thought!

The perp in Jill Meagher's case was into working out.. IIRC..

It makes sense that a perp who has a need to feel powerful would be interested in body building/working out/etc.

And.. :welcome4: DionBrother!

I, too, still think of Shasta Groene and her family. The trauma she endured is unthinkable. Thank you for posting the interview with Shasta. I'm amazed at her strength and courage and hope her life is nothing but blue skies from now on.

Seeing how beautiful Shasta has grown up to be (she has always been beautiful), it just breaks my heart that these other girls don't get the chance. I think of her always, and the hope she brings to these cases.

I wonder what's happening with all those DNA swabs done on (or refused by) people in the area. Tick tock.....

Not too long ago Dateline NBC was doing a series on their sunday show where they filmed kids. One was younger kids being approached by strangers (all staged and perfectly safe) and the parents were able to see how they reacted. I watched some of it, was very interesting as you can imagine.

http://insidedateline.nbcnews.com/_n...er-danger?lite

I have seen those too. Back in the 70s I feel victim to the puppy scheme (well actually it was a kitty scheme). There wasn't as much emphasis on stranger danger and I lived in a town of 1,000 where everyone knew everyone.

Guy approached my cousin and me walking back from the county fair and asked us if either of us had a pet. I happily volunteered that I had a cat. And what do you know, there are newborn kittens in the alleyway! So I say to my cousin "let's go to my house and get a box and blanket and bring them home!" Perv says oh no need to do that! I have a box in the back of my truck that you can use to put the kittens in and take them home! (how convenient!)

My cousin refused to go down the alley way with him and waited on the street for me, needless to say, there was no kittens and no box. Thankfully it was just a little fondling while I was in a "frozen state" for a few minutes before I ran away back to my cousin. Could have been a much worse situation.

I was always a book smart kid, but obviously it was really easy to so obviously manipulate me! It is the oldest trick in the book, but there is a reason pervs still use it after all these years.

Interesting that there was a Bally's so close. My experience with gyms is that a lot of men go there to scope out women ... which is why I'm not a member of one any longer. And also, on a more sinister note, most large gyms have a daycare/childcare area ... though school is in session, so unless homeschooled, the children would be babies/toddlers. A friend of mine told me a horror story about a RSO that went to a gym to look at the kids ... ICK. This is probably reaching, but you never know. I hope LE has looked over their members list, considering it was only two minutes away from Jessica's home and would give the perp a "legit" reason for being in the neighborhood.

sorry that happened to you. glad you are here today! and thanks for the story/reminder.

I have seen those too. Back in the 70s I feel victim to the puppy scheme (well actually it was a kitty scheme). There wasn't as much emphasis on stranger danger and I lived in a town of 1,000 where everyone knew everyone.

Guy approached my cousin and me walking back from the county fair and asked us if either of us had a pet. I happily volunteered that I had a cat. And what do you know, there are newborn kittens in the alleyway! So I say to my cousin "let's go to my house and get a box and blanket and bring them home!" Perv says oh no need to do that! I have a box in the back of my truck that you can use to put the kittens in and take them home! (how convenient!)

My cousin refused to go down the alley way with him and waited on the street for me, needless to say, there was no kittens and no box. Thankfully it was just a little fondling while I was in a "frozen state" for a few minutes before I ran away back to my cousin. Could have been a much worse situation.

I was always a book smart kid, but obviously it was really easy to so obviously manipulate me! It is the oldest trick in the book, but there is a reason pervs still use it after all these years.

Kinda' had a "duh" moment..

"I think everybody needs to be careful. In this case we have what I consider a pretty clear and imminent danger that it could very well happen again," Pence said.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/2...a-Ridgeways-killer-may-have-attended-memorial

They are saying it could happen again and I know some have said they do not think this was the perp's first time.

If it wasn't his first, does LE mean only abduction?

If it wasn't his first, does LE mean "not first abduction with a killing"?

If he is local, I don't recall any post about other missing girls that were killed and not "left intact".

So, is this someone that is recently local or someone that has a job that he travels with or does he travel/vacation in different spots.

There has to be something that points some former LE to think this wasn't "the first".

I hope I make sense.

Unless of course, he used the lost puppy ruse. This is purely speculative, but ... my gut is that he could have said something like, "I have a photo of my dog right here in the car right on the dash ... but I hurt my arm and can't reach it, could you grab it for me?", or "You look really smart and mature for your age, maybe you could help me find the elementary school? I'm a teacher and this is my first day, I just moved here and I'm lost." First scenario would play on her love of dogs, second would take advantage of her wanting to be grown up.

He may have had chloroform, a stun gun, or used brute force (think Ted Bundy, he would just knock his victims out before they ever knew what happened). IMO, it is highly likely he is a stranger.

I see what you mean if he was indeed a stranger. Wasn't a stun gun used for Jaycee Dugard?
You bring up a good idea about his ruses playing on her love of dogs or desire to be grown up- something many pre-teens share. He could've even had a dog with him.. imagine a child trying to resist petting a cute puppy. Or there's the scenario that she was no stranger to him, but he was unfamiliar to her.

Good point. Maybe he did have an animal with him, and perhaps asked if she knew who it belonged to, or if she wanted it.

the pentagram theory reminds me of a Dexter storyline, where an older religious freak and his younger accomplice attempt to bring about armageddon/apocalypse by re-enacting events in Revelations.

there are apocalypse theories as well as astronomical alignment theories about the winter solstice 2012, which we are approaching in about 2 months.

STOP with the satanic/cult discussion. This is considered wild speculation with no basis in fact. If MSM or LE give some indication that it could be a possibility in this case, we can take another look at it. But FOR NOW, it doesn't belong here.

Thank you,

Salem

Hello everyone! This is my first post on the JR thread but I've been a lurker since the very first thread, and a longtime websleuths lurker before that because my mom is a registered user here. I just wanted to drop in and say hello :seeya:

Anyways, I can't help but wonder what made Jessica go along with the perp as we discuss ways to stay vigilant against an abduction. My only conclusion is that she must've at least distantly known this person... just enough to give them the benefit of the doubt. IMO she seemed like a bright, caring girl and whoever it was surely took advantage of her "helper" attitude. What are y'all's thoughts on the matter.. do you think she trusted her abductor (even if only slightly) or do you think he used force to take her? I think getting to the bottom of this could really help shed some light on just how "local" this really was to her.

Ballerina, Welcome to Websleuths!

I meant to also add another post, one that stated not many business establishments in the area of Jessica's home. Albeit one poster mentioned a workout club, but it must not be in the immediate residential area.

I have the feeing the abductor might be someone who lived nearby, or took the path through her neigborhood in the mornings for whatever reason and routinely had noticed Jessica walking to school. Jessica might have been used to seeing this driver. Maybe he would wave or give her a smile on many mornings. Consequently she might not have felt strange when on this particular morning when seeing him stop to say hi, offer a ride OR possibly faking car trouble and having his trunk open. I doubt the trunk scenario, a neighbor might observe this. I rather think, he had had some way of getting her to get into his car without causing alarm to any neighbors. So I believe he is a local! jmo I cannot remember her entire path, I do remember something about a park. I'll have to look back.

Has anyone considered the idea of a motorhome being used? Perhaps the perp wasn't driving a regular car or truck? Perhaps a motor home? I have noticed one parked on the street NEAR Chelsea Park when using google street view (dated 2012). I won't say exactly where I saw it b/c if I do that, then I'd be pointing a suspicious finger at someone who may not even be involved, and I don't think that is fair.... but it does make you wonder....

Kinda' had a "duh" moment..

"I think everybody needs to be careful. In this case we have what I consider a pretty clear and imminent danger that it could very well happen again," Pence said.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/2...a-Ridgeways-killer-may-have-attended-memorial

They are saying it could happen again and I know some have said they do not think this was the perp's first time.

If it wasn't his first, does LE mean only abduction?

If it wasn't his first, does LE mean "not first abduction with a killing"?

If he is local, I don't recall any post about other missing girls that were killed and not "left intact".

So, is this someone that is recently local or someone that has a job that he travels with or does he travel/vacation in different spots.

There has to be something that points some former LE to think this wasn't "the first".

I hope I make sense.

They did not say if they think this is the perp's first murder or kidnapping.

I think they know, first or not, this will happen again since this person has gone this far with a child that is not his own.

They do know a lot more than they are going to ever say.

*slightly graphic*
I was thinking, if there was any dismemberment, it would be wise to look at any driveable area cases where a victim was identified by whatever parts were removed in this one.

I'm sure all the LE sources made available know this though.

As they know to pull any and all traffic cam recordings. That happens all of the time! Ever since traffic cams came into being, and is used as evidence in cases in Courts all over the U.S. Ever notice how in a large city there are a few traffic cams in nicer neighborhoods, and a lot in not so nice neighborhoods?

if anyone needs a tear jerker, this song, about a different girl, I think is very appropriate in memorial of Jessica.
I can't link it b/c it's on youtube, but go to youtube and search "Alicia Ross" by Kathleen Edwards.
It's a tear jerker.

I prefer this version:
"Kathleen Edwards Alicia Ross live @ Vera, Groningen 2008.06.18"

I'm really starting to wonder if he had an animal with him. I mean what a great way to get a kid to approach him... dogs are irresistible for anyone, young or old and Jessica was certainly an animal lover. What a sicko.. I fear for that poor animal if he did have and use one to entice poor Jess :furious:

Ballerina, Welcome to Websleuths!

I meant to also add another post, one that stated not many business establishments in the area of Jessica's home. Albeit one poster mentioned a workout club, but it must not be in the immediate residential area.

I have the feeing the abductor might be someone who lived nearby, or took the path through her neigborhood in the mornings for whatever reason and routinely had noticed Jessica walking to school. Jessica might have been used to seeing this driver. Maybe he would wave or give her a smile on many mornings. Consequently she might not have felt strange when on this particular morning when seeing him stop to say hi, offer a ride OR possibly faking car trouble and having his trunk open. I doubt the trunk scenario, a neighbor might observe this. I rather think, he had had some way of getting her to get into his car without causing alarm to any neighbors. So I believe he is a local! jmo I cannot remember her entire path, I do remember something about a park. I'll have to look back.

BBM: I completely agree with this scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothieQuota