CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mostly the same old stuff being rehashed. The Arvada PD sketch of the guy who tried to lure the kids with candy keeps getting dragged out and compared to people even though neither that guy nor the person being compared (current: the guy arrested last night for driving around with his mother's dismembered body in the trunk) have anything to do with Jessica's case.

At first we thought the guy with his mother's body in the trunk was a real breakthrough, but it only took a few hours for LE to say he wasn't related. Which caused some of us to conclude LE probably has something the public doesn't know about that they can immediately use to tell whether it's the person they're looking for.

I know, LE shot that down fast enough, esp with a relative living less than three miles from Jessica's house, and living in Arvada a few years before this. I have no doubt they know something, it would have taken 2 days to 2 weeks for Liggett's DNA results, unless they already had it. It would be good to know who they're looking for, but for some reason they're not putting anymore out there.

Jefferson County school officials twice this week have sent notices to parents informing them about incidents involving strangers and students near schools that have been reported to police.
A notice on Wednesday was sent to parents in south Jefferson County about an incident near Falcon Bluffs Middle School on Monday that was reported to the sheriff's office.
"A student reported that as he neared Falcon Bluffs Middle School he observed a dark blue or black sedan following him," the notice says. "The male that was driving the vehicle stopped the car and yelled at the student, who then ran away.
"The man ran after him and caught him, but the student managed to get away. The man is described as a white, 35 to 40 years of age, 200-plus pounds with medium salt and pepper hair."

Read more: Jeffco schools warned of two instances of stranger danger this week - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_21796986#ixzz29f1bepaV
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

------------

Interesting about the close calls. I am so thankful sometimes that I have even been able to make it to 27. My wife and I wanna have kids maybe within the next year. All this about stranger abductions and stuff is just so scary. I think almost everyone is fortunate we have made it into adulthood alive, and hopefully name too messed up from childhood Experiences.

All these stories have me thinking. I was a terrible teen, my parents were broke and I had weighed to 3 different high schools because of constant moving, by the time I was a sophmore. I was having problems, so my mom and dad let me live with my aunt and uncle in Westminster for almost 4 months in October of 01, just post 9-11.

I took a greyhound, and along the way, we had stopped for about 4 hours in Vegas, till the next bus came. I was 16, and I think about his often, and especially when i hear about kids or teens just disappearing. But I remember his clear as day, I couldnt gamble I had no money and was underage, waiting for the bus.

Well I was standing at the station, which I believe at the time was between downtown Vegas and the strip. Kind of a dirty area. But within walking distance of all the hotes. Anyway, I was standing there, and I was approached by an Asian man. In height he was much smaller than me. I have a thin build, same as I did back them, I'm about 6' 150-160. This man was easy 6 inches smaller than me, and and about the same build. He talked to me with a real calming voice, asked me my name, how I was, where I was going. Small talk you know.

I had told him where I was going what I was doing. He then started to insist I came with him to his room, be had food, and a comfortable bed to sleep in, if I wanted to take a nap before my bus had arrived. I told him no.. obviously. He insisted, I am a white guy from southwest Phoenix, I instantly knew this guy was up to no good. I was not going to be bullied or cohersed into. Something. I stood up, in his face and I told him no.

I turned around and went into a bus station, and stood next to the cop who was inspecting bags and stuff (this was post 911). I wish now I would of said something.

Maybe a half hour had passed, and I was less on edge. I felt that sixth sense, and got the creeps like someone was watching me. I looked around the room, and saw the Asian man. Just looking at me blank faced, but was talking to another teenage boy probably 13-15. As he is talking to him, he was still looking at me.

I am sorta haunted to this day about it. I love the Vegas experience now that I am an adult. Now I am even more freaked out by the event, knowing what I know about Vegas(nobody goes to hangout at grey hound stations looking to feed people and give then a place to sleep. Especially, know what I know now, and how many creeps are running around out cities.. I could of been Jessica, or any of the other kids who suffered and had their lives cut short by the monsters.

Sean

PS: sorry if words or jumbled and don't make sense. I type this out on my Droid and it has a mine of its own

Thanks for sharing this frightening story, and we all can learn from this. This is a good example of how easy it is to unkowingly become a victim. It started out innocent enough with someone just seemingly wanted to help someone, but in hindsight, we all know what the person probably really wanted to do. At young ages, we have not yet had the life experiences to always recognize the possible dangers. I am so glad you were smart enough not to go with that person.

I think the reason it is so difficult in a situation like that, is in a way, it was almost harder to actually do the right thing and NOT go, than to do the easy thing and go with him. Because there you were bored out of your mind having to wait for hours for another bus, and it probably sounded a little exciting to go check out a neat hotel with maybe food + drink, etc. Especially if the person offered to party or something that would further entice a bored teen.

I was in a similar situation while riding my motorcycle at around 14 years of age. I was riding some trails that went near the interstate and had pulled over to rest in a rest area where the trails came back near the highway. A car pulled off the interstate and approached me before I even realized he had exited off the interstate. He rolled down the window and asked me if I wanted to smoke some weed. During those days of my life, I would have been glad to smoke some weed, but something just didnt seem right with him, and luckily I became suspicious so the next thing I know I had the bike started and told him no, and flew away as fast as I could. I flew back home, and thought back at how vulnerable I had just got myself. I am so lucky he didnt pull a gun on me, because I am not sure what I would have done if he had pulled a gun.

Anyway, I just think it is good to hear these actual stories so we can all learn how easy it is to get in bad situations, and hopefully we can all learn how to avoid getting in those situtions. These days, I have a CC permit, so most of the time, I would be able to deal with a sitution like that, but when we are young, we dont have the life skills yet to be able to handle everything that comes our way. Both our examples came our way uninvited.

I think it could also be the remains of teen acne. I can remember a lot of people from when I was that age whose acne gradually improved until they were finally rid of it in their late 20s. This guy is 24, so he might have a few years to go.

This. My stepsister is 28 and has ever since I've known her (ten years now) some of the worst adult acne I've ever seen. I can't think of one day in those ten years that she has ever had a clear complexion; she has always had several covering her face and neck at all times.

I believe people are born that way. I have an aunt with 4 boys. 3 are normal, 1 tried to kill her. They were all raised the same way.

I don't mean to speak as if I know your situation, because I don't, and I am sorry for the trauma in your family. What I think Absentia's post was referring to is the theory of how something like that could have happened in the first place. Meaning say if a woman has 4 children and she "raises them the same", meaning she responds to them all in the same manner, depending on each child's individual needs and temperament, she could be matching one child's needs perfectly, doing way too much for another child's needs, and not doing enough for the other two, because she is being the same towards all 4 but they might need individualized need-meeting.
I totally understand that concept because I have 2 girls 2 years apart and they require very different types of parenting (and social relating in general). It was obvious with their infant temperaments but still obvious today. Quick example, say they both hand me a half-*advertiser censored** attempt at homework. I could say to each of them, in a calm, loving voice, "you need to try again, this is not reflective of your best effort." one will smile and get right back to work, the other would get tears in her eyes and feel as if I insulted her. If I were to react the same way to bith kids, one of them would not be getting the type of parenting that her natural emotional needs require. I don't think this speaks towards neglect or over protectiveness, I think it means that INSIDE THE SLECTRUM OF GOOD, LOVING, HEALTHY PARENTING, for a child to receive its own optimum care, the parent should tailor their interactions to the needs of each specific child, and a one size fits all approach, even from a well-meaning parent, might not be sufficient to raising the most stable, mentally sound human.

And ITA with the culture comment. I have a lot if opinions on this matter that go wayyyy off topic, but to summarize: I agree that a child has a far better chance of ending up as a balanced, productive, stable emotional being when they are raised in a "village" setting, weather that is in he truest sense, or in a more modern interpretation that allows for meeting the needs of young children above meeting the needs of the parents. I think that it is kind of appalling how so many early childhood publications talk about how to get your child to sleep alone through the night at a few months as if that goal is for the child's well being, when really western culture is more about "conditioning young children to fit into the adults schedules and needs". If we sought advice on "what can I do to ensure the best possible physical and emotional lifelong health for my child" instead of advice on "how can I make raising this child more fun and easy for me?", as a whole our children would turn out alot better. MOO. Sorry for O/T.

that's what I mean though - he could have been the one high needs kid who didn't get the level of responsiveness he needed, (just as an example of how he might have turned out different) plus, with 3 other brothers, there are a lot of other dynamics to account for.

I believe people are born that way. I have an aunt with 4 boys. 3 are normal, 1 tried to kill her. They were all raised the same way.

I cant imagine what local RSO would not be laying low right now in light of this crime. If these reports of attempts are accurate is this the guy? If it is I lean that this guy just may be a "traveler" who hasn't been connected yet to other crimes other places.

ah - we both have the highly sensitive child :)
you know exactly what I mean! If I raised my HN DD like a regular child, she'd be totally messed up. her need level is SO high and she's SO sensitive. Very strong emotions and very persistent, determined, strong willed, and even in the womb I knew she was tenacious. she'll hold a grudge and retaliate if someone wrongs her. and she holds in all her emotions for me when she feels safe. nothing gets past her! and so sensitive - I have to be so gentle with corrections.

I don't mean to speak as if I know your situation, because I don't, and I am sorry for the trauma in your family. What I think Absentia's post was referring to is the theory of how something like that could have happened in the first place. Meaning say if a woman has 4 children and she "raises them the same", meaning she responds to them all in the same manner, depending on each child's individual needs and temperament, she could be matching one child's needs perfectly, doing way too much for another child's needs, and not doing enough for the other two, because she is being the same towards all 4 but they might need individualized need-meeting.
I totally understand that concept because I have 2 girls 2 years apart and they require very different types of parenting (and social relating in general). It was obvious with their infant temperaments but still obvious today. Quick example, say they both hand me a half-*advertiser censored** attempt at homework. I could say to each of them, in a calm, loving voice, "you need to try again, this is not reflective of your best effort." one will smile and get right back to work, the other would get tears in her eyes and feel as if I insulted her. If I were to react the same way to bith kids, one of them would not be getting the type of parenting that her natural emotional needs require. I don't think this speaks towards neglect or over protectiveness, I think it means that INSIDE THE SLECTRUM OF GOOD, LOVING, HEALTHY PARENTING, for a child to receive its own optimum care, the parent should tailor their interactions to the needs of each specific child, and a one size fits all approach, even from a well-meaning parent, might not be sufficient to raising the most stable, mentally sound human.

And ITA with the culture comment. I have a lot if opinions on this matter that go wayyyy off topic, but to summarize: I agree that a child has a far better chance of ending up as a balanced, productive, stable emotional being when they are raised in a "village" setting, weather that is in he truest sense, or in a more modern interpretation that allows for meeting the needs of young children above meeting the needs of the parents. I think that it is kind of appalling how so many early childhood publications talk about how to get your child to sleep alone through the night at a few months as if that goal is for the child's well being, when really western culture is more about "conditioning young children to fit into the adults schedules and needs". If we sought advice on "what can I do to ensure the best possible physical and emotional lifelong health for my child" instead of advice on "how can I make raising this child more fun and easy for me?", as a whole our children would turn out alot better. MOO. Sorry for O/T.

The Westminster Police Department, along with our local, state and federal partners, continues our focused search to identify and apprehend the individual responsible for Jessica Ridgeway’s disappearance and death. There is still a substantial amount of investigative work being done by law enforcement officers, but much of their work does not garner the same public attention and recognition as the open field searches that were done days after Jessica’s disappearance. The community could see the work being done as hundreds of police officers and law enforcement officials walked shoulder to shoulder searching fields and open spaces. Many of those officers are now working in small teams, following up on the tips that have been called in or emailed. Our tip center is still open and we continue to ask anyone with information that may help in our search to call 303-658-4427 or email PDamberalert@cityofwestminster.us

We can not thank our community enough for their support, compassion and cooperation with our investigation. We recognize the past several days may be difficult and frustrating as new and updated information is not released at the same frequency as it was prior to police positively identifying Jessica’s body. Police will continue to evaluate the need for releasing updates with consideration for the integrity of the investigation and future prosecution.

Westminster police will continue to be the official source for information regarding the Jessica Ridgeway investigation. We will continue to use Facebook, our Twitter account and traditional press releases to the media to provide new and updated information. We caution the public that several pieces of inaccurate and misleading information has begun circulating which is based on rumor and gossip. Thank you for your support and consideration as law enforcement moves forward to bring Justice for Jessica.

http://www.facebook.com/westminsterpolice

I know, LE shot that down fast enough, esp with a relative living less than three miles from Jessica's house, and living in Arvada a few years before this. I have no doubt they know something, it would have taken 2 days to 2 weeks for Liggett's DNA results, unless they already had it. It would be good to know who they're looking for, but for some reason they're not putting anymore out there.

Ligget was arrested in 2010 - I'm thinking odds are good they probably already *had* his DNA on file:
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2010/03/ari_misha_liggett_weird_chemic.php

I'm don't think the blue sedan man is the monster who took Jessica. First of all, I think all of his would-be victims have been males, right? How many little boys has this sicko tried to lure now? At least three or four, maybe five? He's been unsuccessful every time... so... I guess what I'm trying to say is that he's not very good at what it is that he's trying to do (which, I mean, thank God!). I think whoever took Jessica is more sophisticated and, unfortunately, is "better" at what it is that these monsters do. I could be totally off base, though.

I think we have at least two different offenders at work here. The one in the blue sedan targeting teen boys. And a second "predator at large" responsible for Jessica's murder.

is potassium chloride used in making meth? or in disintegrating organic matter?

Here are some links for this person. A map from Centennial to Westminster as well as the article about his arrest yesterday. I am certain they will find out where he was on that day. Because he is bat crazy he is being held without bail.

Please, someone find the person who hurt little Jessica. He just can't hurt any one else. Praying for her family.:please:
http://www.distancebetweencities.net/centennial_co_and_westminster_co/route

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...centennial-son-arrested-body-parts-back-seat>

I'm don't think the blue sedan man is the monster who took Jessica. First of all, I think all of his would-be victims have been males, right? How many little boys has this sicko tried to lure now? At least three or four, maybe five? He's been unsuccessful every time... so... I guess what I'm trying to say is that he's not very good at what it is that he's trying to do (which, I mean, thank God!). I think whoever took Jessica is more sophisticated and, unfortunately, is "better" at what it is that these monsters do. I could be totally off base, though.

Thanks for bringing me back to reality LOL I think you are right. Then again as i posted above one would have to be crazy to make any attempts of any sort in that town in light of this crime. Then again i don't always understand what drives these people.

Sorry, but the link posted today:

http://www.nbc11news.com/home/headlines/14-year-old-boy-reports-attempted-abduction-174760291.html

Is just a re-reporting of the same event from Monday.

Quoted directly from the link above (BBM):

Jefferson County sheriff's officials said Wednesday that the boy reported noticing a dark blue or black sedan following him as he walked near Falcon Bluffs Middle School in Littleton sometime before 8 p.m. Monday.

In other words, as far as I can tell, there has only been one, single 'blue or black sedan' event, reported in a variety of mediums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSI1005