CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, what in the world is happening over here? Haven't looked at this thread since early this morning, but left it open. Now I see messages about Judas and runes and crosses?

Help!

I really hate to say this....but....

GRAPHIC WARNING:
Could this cross have been found inside the remains...or would that be possible?

The cross... any ideas on what type of wood was used? Walnut?

It would be reasonable to assume that LE has already figured out through forensic analysis what type of wood this was made of - and where the wood might be indigenous to.

It grabbed mine too, PlainJane.....the part about "goals and good fortunes coming into fruition." Eek....

Also "conscious awareness of all aspects of oneself." just something that made me :waitasec:....

You could be onto something there. Wasn't there a serial killer who would leave underwear from a previous "victim" at another victim's crime scene? To taunt LE?

Yes, a girl in Nevada? :waitasec:

I wish we knew for sure this cross is related to Jessicas case.

Whoa, what in the world is happening over here? Haven't looked at this thread since early this morning, but left it open. Now I see messages about Judas and runes and crosses?

Help!

See post 671 for a link to Westminster PD Facebook site....

okay.. so it really is just a cross for all intents and purposes but the markings are very unique so what could they be a part of (to narrow this down further)

1) group
2) language
3) number
4) brand
5) symbol
6) symbolism

I personally am going to look around at the "language" angle

(and yes I just helped nurse kid write an outline for his English essay and figured starting with an outline could help the process here)

Is there any significance to three Isas?

Isas (depending on interpretation) is usually referring to matters of time, things frozen (ice) in time, delay, too late for change. Varies between 3 months and 9 months in a reading but there are other interpretations as well.
The 3 markers on the other side of the cross don't really resemble this rune either, but we may have an amature scribe so who knows.

Aspen wood? Is aspen a common tree of Colorado?

No, it's related:

A cross recovered during the Jessica Ridgeway investigation could become a pivotal piece of evidence that helps authorities identify and locate Jessica’s killer. In an ongoing attempt to identify the predator responsible for the abduction and murder of Jessica Ridgeway, police are asking the public to look at several pictures to see if these will help lead police to the killer.

Police recovered a wooden cross that is approximately 1 ½ inches tall by 1 inch wide. The cross has a hole drilled through the upper part and appears that it can be or was worn on a necklace. On one side of the cross are three vertical bars etched onto the shorter horizontal section and a zig-zag pattern is carved onto the opposite side. The cross appears to be a solid piece of wood and the upper post portion is offset from the lower post below the short horizontal section.

From Westminster PD facebook: https://www.facebook.com/westminsterpolice?ref=stream Several more pictures there.

292885_10151357379174305_1514935677_n.jpg

The wood looks different on the initial sample picture versus when looking at all the pics provided on the Westminster PD fb page.

Could it be Euclyptus wood?
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eucalyptus"]Eucalyptus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Why does it look reddish in the first picture? It looks blackish in the other pics.

horrifying!
where do you live? the SE?
O/T
Nope, mid-Atlantic. But its very rural here. My garage is attached to my house, not in the house really, and has gotten its fair share of Garter snakes in the fall over the years, but this is a Black snake, fairly-sized, and not at all welcome.... I'm going to mull over how to eradicate it for a couple of days (while it takes care of the mice that usually inhabit the garage first) then, I'll have a plan on how to catch it to get it out of there.

I think I saw a MSM quote saying it was related to Jessica. Can't find it ATM though. The are at least two crime scenes that we are aware of in Jessica's case - the backpack site and where her body was found. Also, unknown to us, but possibly to LE, her abduction site.

It's on the Westminster PD Facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/westminsterpolice?ref=stream

The press release is the first post; the cross photos are under Photos.

Interestingly, sometimes you see the zigzag symbol on the scanner link... it means signal is being received. Might this mean he is aware of the scanners? Just still thinking out loud here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth