CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder how a person would go about making "raised" lines in the cross? Is there a tool for that?

Well, you wouldn't "raise" the lines as much as "lower" the negative space to make the lines.
But IMO in the side 3/4 angle pic they look recessed, not raised.

229979_10151357379014305_1301198757_n.jpg

These three lines don't really look "etched" or carved out to me. They look raised don't they?

By the way, a pachuco cross is often used as a prison tattoo. It's a cross with three straight lines drawn above it. I wondered if the wearer of this cross might be trying to duplicate the same.

I believe it is dependant on the angle it is viewed/photographed from. When viewing from another angle you can see the indentation from the markings. JMO

I think he's having a fun old time watching us grasp at straws. He probably left that cross on purpose as a false lead just as he left her backpack right where he did. Maybe I have become too jaded, but I don't see this as anything new and exciting in this case. I don't think the WPD have anything to go on and are doing their best, but it's not amounting to much and gets worse as more time passes.

I agree, I think they are working very hard and I respect them, I feel sure they did independent research in the cross and when they were unable to find more information, they went to the public with it.
I also think that if the cross was intentionally left by the perp, as opposed to dropped, ripped, or snagged on the barbed wire, he surely wiped it of prints first.

“Looking at it, again, it’s unique, and we feel or believe that it may have been dropped or left behind by the killer,” Trevor Materasso with Westminster police said. “Because of the unique characteristics of it, on both sides having different etching into it, we want the public to look at that believing somebody may end up calling with a tip, providing additional information.”
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/19/wooden-cross-could-provide-break-in-ridgeway-case/

I know the rules (and I hate perpetuating the theory) and I know the mods will likely zap me for posting this but...

:couch:

the "lightning bolt" zigzag has meaning in the satanic practices. (lucifer's fall from grace/heaven)

O/T
Nope, mid-Atlantic. But its very rural here. My garage is attached to my house, not in the house really, and has gotten its fair share of Garter snakes in the fall over the years, but this is a Black snake, fairly-sized, and not at all welcome.... I'm going to mull over how to eradicate it for a couple of days (while it takes care of the mice that usually inhabit the garage first) then, I'll have a plan on how to catch it to get it out of there.

O/T
there's a Barbara Kingsolver book like that - set in the mid-atlantic seaboard. black snake in her cabin attic out in the woods. Was it Animal Dreams?

It's possible this fell out of a pocket while disposing of her body and/or climbing under the barbed wire, if he did. Perhaps he did not even know where he lost it, until now. I am not convinced yet that it was purposely left.

I sure hope a wife, girlfriend, ex or someone calls LE if they recognize it. Just make the call...even if you are not sure.

A shop specializing in articles (as hashish pipes and roach clips) of interest to drug users.

Lucky you that you didn't know until now.

Hey! I have fond memories of head shops. We use to clip roach clips to our hair. I still get a kick out of head shops and can't resist going in when I come across them. They also sell the best incense I've found.

Clipped for space -

I wonder if LE was also thinking that he could be driving by again and again to revisit the body and so they hid a camera or two on the trash truck to video any traffic passing by. They may have also had a camera looking up the hill to spot any movement. Maybe that's why the truck was not moved for a few days.

I was thinking the exact same thing about the trash truck.

I know the rules (and I hate perpetuating the theory) and I know the mods will likely zap me for posting this but...

:couch:

the "lightning bolt" zigzag has meaning in the satanic practices. (lucifer's fall from grace/heaven)

We go where the evidence goes... sleuth away.

I am looking real hard at the lines on the cross. The line on the left and in the middle look raised...but to me, the one on the right looks like it has been etched in. That's my opinion.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_21811891/westminster-police-cross-jessica-ridgeway

From denverpost.com:
Police have confirmed the cross does not belong to the Ridgeway family, Westminster Police investigator Trevor Materasso said. He would not say where the cross was found.

Westminster Police on Friday say they recovered a 1-inch wooden cross while investigating the abduction and murder of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway that they believe may help them find her killer.

That means it could have been in Jessica's belongings.

O/T
Nope, mid-Atlantic. But its very rural here. My garage is attached to my house, not in the house really, and has gotten its fair share of Garter snakes in the fall over the years, but this is a Black snake, fairly-sized, and not at all welcome.... I'm going to mull over how to eradicate it for a couple of days (while it takes care of the mice that usually inhabit the garage first) then, I'll have a plan on how to catch it to get it out of there.

You are WAY to calm about a snake inhabiting your garage, but I do like the idea of allowing it to eradicate the mice in there before you evict it!

That means it could have been in Jessica's belongings.

Really! A classmate may have given it to her or she found it on the sidewalk and tucked it in her backpack. I think there's more to it than that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3