CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, the works in this shop you have here is made by not only an artist, but a craftsman. They are more finished. The one the police found, not by a true craftsman, again JMO.

Unless it was made in China - lol!

It's hard to tell by a picture over the Internet what it looks like in one's hand without enlargement at only 1.5 inches long and 1.0 inch wide.
I can't ascertain the true color either.

http://www.broomfieldenterprise.com...-information-may-28-abduction-attempt-because

This article says the Ketner Lake incidents were in 2010.

In the May 28 incident, a 22-year-old woman was running on a trail around 1:15 p.m. at Ketner Lake, when a man tried to grab her. As she passed the man, he grabbed her from behind and tried to put a rag over her mouth. She said the rag had a chemical smell on it. She was able to get away and called 911 from her cell phone.

In the original news release about that incident, police stated a jogger was chased by a man in the same area in July 2010 and that the suspect description from the 2010 case was similar to that of the suspect in the May 28 attempted abduction.

But also says the reason why LE thinks the may be related is due to location and timeframe.

Because of the time frame and geographic proximity of Jessica's disappearance and a May 28 attempted abduction near the Ketner Lake Open Space, police are trying to determine if there is any connection between the cases.

It could have been made in Mexico. One of the online shops features a larger asymmetrical cross from Mexico.

The abc article said it all to me: they are tying to see if anyone can tie the cross to the description of the man that attacked the woman in may because it was found at one of the Jessica crime scenes.

I tend to think they are closer to linking these two crimes than we are aware of.

based on the articles I'm reading (eg: posted upthread by nurse - #726 and the one before that...

It seems to me like:
it was found somewhere in the search for Jessica / recovery of her remains and surrounding area investigation
and
maybe they think the ketner lake abduction attempt victim(s) might have seen *some* kind of jewlery on the perp, but not be sure what exactly? Maybe? They're trying to link this item to those cases... the way its worded, they're not trying to link these item's to Jessica's case. Seems like they might *know* this was to do with the perp in JR's case, now want to use this piece to link it to the other two cases. Make sense?

For what its worth, I checked with 21-yr old grandson to see if he could put any meaning into the cross from a younger generation viewpoint. He didn't see any goth representation, (which is something I was going to look into...and still will later) but he did say it looked like something purchased, not homemade, and thought the marks would have been added later by the owner. He is an artist and has a pretty good eye for store bought vs handmade but it was just his observation. He is also very much into tattoos and couldn't think of anything off hand that the cross would represent in that realm...but he's not a crime sleuth, just an average kid, lol, so take it for what its worth!

I'm trying to get a hold of my older son too.I want to see if he recognizes it or what it could be or came from.But he'll probably get a hold me next week sometime LOL.Maybe I should have went to his facebook.

Is it very common for guys to carry or wear crosses? I might know a few, but not too many. Maybe it's a regional thing?

Lots of Catholic guys around here will have one in their pocket or dangling from their car mirror. Small ones like this, often with a small rosary attached.

I would urge anyone who has facebook to share I did a share on my facebook, because you never know where the tip is going to come from, someone might see it on one of our facebook pages and know who the person is that has a cross like that. JMO

I know the rules (and I hate perpetuating the theory) and I know the mods will likely zap me for posting this but...

:couch:

the "lightning bolt" zigzag has meaning in the satanic practices. (lucifer's fall from grace/heaven)

:waitasec:

Yeah, I'm quoting myself but just to say.... lightning bolts have been used everywhere... from Harry Potters' forehead to warning symbols tags on my hairdryer. So, it's probably rather silly to focus on the symbols.

Possibly looking to connect the necklace portion of cross [if there was one] if there is some indication of binding [or an attempt to bind] at one of the crime scenes.

Perhaps, cross found at one crime scene, though we don't know which, and indications of binding or attempt to bind at the other crime scene.

I was actually surprised the site was re-opened to the public as quickly as it was.

This is a high-profile case and I imagine they wanted to do everything by the book no matter how long it took. And they probably needed to 'preserve' the entire scene long enough for lots and lots of information gathering, photos, etc.

Hi Thess,
Your comment made me think of something...I wouldn't be surprised if LE laid out some small, wireless, inconspicuous, remote, surveillance cameras around the discovery site. I hope the perp visits the location and they catch him

That's correct. They've repeatedly posted to not leave tips on FB but instead to either call them in or send an email to a specific email address they provided.

and now people are arguing about how the police should check every single one of their posts on FB, 90% of which are moronic posts. God bless the police force for what they're doing and for having to deal with the public. Sheesh

I was looking through photos and I was like "OMG! There's one just like it!"

Well, the ACTUAL photographs have hit the internet, and it WAS it from a news site. lol Duh me!

It definitely seems to be unique, maybe self made? Or given as a gift to the person. I have a few things people have made for me, like a little rock with a frog painted on it the size of a pendant, that noone could probably find another example of anywhere.

LE probably is hoping for a person who knows the person who has one just like it to come forward. Hopefully, if the person exists, they'll see LE's plea. What if the perp got that from someone in Mexico who is unaware of what's going on in Colorado. Yikes, I hope not.

Seems like all the good ideas are taken... I wanted to add another extremely simple one. Could the zigzag lines be a map for the police? :what: If you just look at the 2 bottom lines, they'd be similar to the lines from where the BP was found, to where she was abducted and then to where her body was found. Maybe the top line means that either his home or the rest of her are about 6 miles NE of where the BP was left. Not sure what the 3 lines on the other side would be, maybe 3 trees at that location?

I was just thinking along those same lines.

I'm having that same feeling of encroaching evil that I had last week before they found her body...

Quick question please?

Did LE ever clarify or did you all ever figure out what racial designation they were referring to when they said the suspect in the attempted abduction at Ketner Lake was "light skinned"?

Light skinned what? Light skinned caucasian? Light skinned Asian? Light skinned african american? Light skinned native american.....lol you get my drift I was like :waitasec:

TIA! :)

Well,When I saw the cross I did feel it was satanic.I didn't get good feelings from it.I don't know why but I also thought of gang related when I saw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member