CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,When I saw the cross I did feel it was satanic.I didn't get good feelings from it.I don't know why but I also thought of gang related when I saw it.

Me too. That may be because we touched on that earlier in the threads though.
Let's not fool ourselves into thinking those kind don't exit though because they do.

Quick question please?

Did LE ever clarify or did you all ever figure out what racial designation they were referring to when they said the suspect in the attempted abduction at Ketner Lake was "light skinned"?

Light skinned what? Light skinned caucasian? Light skinned Asian? Light skinned african american? Light skinned native american.....lol you get my drift I was like :waitasec:

TIA! :)

Exactly what I was thinking when I read that description. Light skinned white person? :waitasec: Jeesh. Let's narrow the choices down why don't we. :waitasec:

I replied to someone earlier saying that the cross had been in 'possession of the killer', but then I started questioning my own memory of this wording.

So I looked it up, here's the quote:

http://www.kctv5.com/story/19867106...otal-piece-in-jessica-ridgeway-investigations.

Police believe Jessica's killer had possession of the cross.

This is, unfortunately, one of those media writeups where it's not clear if they're quoting someone directly, or just jumping to conclusions that sound good.

<modsnip>

Quick question please?

Did LE ever clarify or did you all ever figure out what racial designation they were referring to when they said the suspect in the attempted abduction at Ketner Lake was "light skinned"?

Light skinned what? Light skinned caucasian? Light skinned Asian? Light skinned african american? Light skinned native american.....lol you get my drift I was like :waitasec:

TIA! :)

Light-skinned could be anything -- pretty common in areas with lots of melting-pot stuff going on. Around here could be any of the ones you mentioned, plus Hispanic, middle eastern, or mixed race.

So generally it means exactly what it says -- light skin and no obvious racial/ethnic characteristics.

Exactly what I was thinking when I read that description. Light skinned white person? :waitasec: Jeesh. Let's narrow the choices down why don't we. :waitasec:

It's either bad reporting or the PR spokeperson neglected to add race.

Or...

Race is undetermined.

Thanks! I guess we will have to wait until someone asks them to clear that up.

JMHO.

It was a pink, Nickelodeon backpack. There aren't a lot of neighborhoods where a guy would think he looked like he fit in carrying that....

I'm answering this as I come to it, in case it lands in a strange place :)

That neighborhood has a lot of kids' stuff left around it often, folks say. A guy (one who fit into the neighborhood) carrying that backpack would probably look like a dad, older brother or grandpa, imho. Like a little girl forgot it and her male family member went to go get it for her.

The backpack trip was just an extra maneuver is why I wonder about it so much. He could have avoided that entire part, easily. Or he could have left it in a remote spot, but it looks like he chose to leave it in a well-populated neighborhood.

He may just enjoy the risks or not consider it as risky as it sounds to me. OTOH, it may indicate that he fits in really well in that neighborhood and knows that, imho.

3 lines on cross, three attempted abductions, 1 completed? Like notches on a guy's belt or bedpost...

:waitasec:

Yeah, I'm quoting myself but just to say.... lightning bolts have been used everywhere... from Harry Potters' forehead to warning symbols tags on my hairdryer. So, it's probably rather silly to focus on the symbols.

Just my opinion, but I think when Lightening bolts or other things are on a cross that it is different than just a Harry Potter, or other random item. I honestly don't know, but I've never seen a cross with anything like that. It seems like it would be sacrilegious. ...blasphemous but I don't know.:waitasec:

Lots of Catholic guys around here will have one in their pocket or dangling from their car mirror. Small ones like this, often with a small rosary attached.

I like the dangling in car mirror idea! Hadn't considered that option yet....

Perhaps the cross was purchased at a crafts fair, or at a crafts vendor booth at a larger fair, e.g., County or State.

Crafts fairs are popular as this end-of-the-year holiday time approaches, and I wonder if we WS-ers could stroll some of these fairs, particularly in Colorado, to see if this type of cross is available for sale and-- if so -- notify authorities about its location.

Not sure who to notify right away, but perhaps the vendor could be approached by the local LE, who could inquire about any records that might exist of their past purchasers. . . .Just a thought! And MOO.

Just my opinion, but I think when Lightening bolts or other things are on a cross that it is different than just a Harry Potter, or other random item. I honestly don't know, but I've never seen a cross with anything like that. It seems like it would be sacrilegious. ...blasphemous but I don't know.:waitasec:

People put all kinds of personal things on crosses that are meant for personal devotion rather than public display. My friend carved a skull on his, to remind him that if he dies in Christ, he will never die (his explanation, I'm not advocating any religion here).

Light-skinned could be anything -- pretty common in areas with lots of melting-pot stuff going on. Around here could be any of the ones you mentioned, plus Hispanic, middle eastern, or mixed race.

So generally it means exactly what it says -- light skin and no obvious racial/ethnic characteristics.

Thanks carbuff!

I figured it's probably that.

OT but where I live now is a very interesting melting pot...lol and very different from when I lived in the SW. v-e-r-y. :)

(I've also met people from places I never knew existed before---who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?)

I won't be online after this weekend. My break will be over and I'm taking 6 classes this fall so no time for WS. I don't even have time to check in to be honest.

Is there a sketch for that suspect and I missed it? TIA.

This is to help clarify what all I'm looking at when I'm talking about the WM truck, the orange markers and my very scientific sticky note measurements --

sSbum.jpg

The crappy black drawn arrows by the truck point to the tires. Look closely. There are three orange markers placed by LE beside each tire.

Now, there is a black circle on the middle of the road with arrows pointing to more orange markers. These orange markers are what I measured against the WM truck tire markers.
The marks on the road match the pattern (2 sets of markers close together towards the top, and two lone markers near the bottom). The distance between the marks matches the pattern and distance of the wheels on the WM truck. Also, if you measure the width of the truck, it matchs the distance in width across from one set of orange markers to the other.

The circle on the upper right indicates (for those wondering) where to see the box that a circle of LE is standing around.

The circle on the left appears (to me) to be an orange indicator of some sort by LE either IN the tree, or on the ground by it.

EDIT to ADD:
The firetruck was too long to fit within the orange markers I circled up there... so that couldn't be it.

Hope that helps clarify....

SECOND EDIT:
Maybe I'm not so bright - another poster suggested this might be the firetruck with the light, and I thought not initially b/c I thought that was parked flush to the side of road, but have now seen a photo (you can see it if you keep reading - I posted it down thread).... that shows firetruck was indeed parked over the center line, so maybe I'm wrong, and those orange markers were to denote where the firetruck was. [ Hangs head, closes door, and tiptoes away]

This was a great post, thank you :)
(I'm a long time lurker in Jess' threads)

<SNIP>

(Also, I'm seeing tonight a lot of people saying the same thing over and over again (and also saying they don't have time to read the thread before posting), but part of the reason the thread is moving so fast is people not taking the time to read other people's messages--which is just good forum etiquette, we all want our posts to be read--which results in a lot of duplicate posts. If you have something you feel is really important and time-sensitive, and you really want to post it before you read other people's thoughts, you could always do a Search on the thread real quick before posting to see if it's been brought up before. There's a Search This Thread link at the top of each page. Just a small plea on the part of a newb.)
Thanks for at least trying. I spend so many hours reading pages of nearly identical posts most nights, but not wanting to skip them because there might be something new mixed in with them, that I never end up posting all of my own thoughts on things. That's not saying that's a bad thing for the rest of you...

3 lines on cross, three attempted abductions, 1 completed? Like notches on a guy's belt or bedpost...

Maybe 3 victims (the 3 lines) and 2 attempted(the diagonal lines on back)...

After seeing a close up picture of the back, I see there are 3 diagonal lines, not 2, so I think unless there's another attempted abduction that hasn't either been connected or made public, my thought is probably not in play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck