CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's okay Dr. Know. I kept thinking about how in my very southern part of the country we have perps doing trash pick up along the highways rather than jail time. And wondered if it may have been the same up there. After our "public servants" pick up the area the regular WM people pick up their bagged efforts. This gave me second thoughts until I decided it couldn't even squeeze into Occams Razor

But it's simple. Who picks up the work release dudes bagged trash. WM. hmm Thanks.

Believe me I'm southern. I'm SW.

quote:
Originally Posted by T4Tide
You know, this is the first time that I have noticed that red evidence marker hanging in the tree.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m.../101112s81.jpg /quote

ok, my eyes are obviously fried from staring too long at these pics and maps, I'm sorry, I don't see the marker :( can you pls describe exactly where? (one oclock, two oclock....) thanks

Yes it is. I think the WM dudes are cleared. I see no connection in the markings nor otherwise. jmo No need to Kronk the poor dudes. I surely wouldn't want to have found her myself. I saw a couple of dead bodies in my life, don't need the stress it causes knowing that feeling again.

If they aren't cleared, please post. I'd be so disappointed if they weren't. gah.

quote:
Originally Posted by T4Tide
You know, this is the first time that I have noticed that red evidence marker hanging in the tree.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m.../101112s81.jpg /quote

ok, my eyes are obviously fried from staring too long at these pics and maps, I'm sorry, I don't see the marker :( can you pls describe exactly where? (one oclock, two oclock....) thanks

It was about 10 to 11 oclock at the tip of the down tree. It could have been on the ground under the tree or up in it. I do remember reports of checking up in trees for Jessica. Anyone else? imo

I continue to believe that the traffic cameras at the intersection of 86th and Indiana (CR5) hold a crucial piece of evidence. I just don't see how the perp got between the three known locations without passing that intersection at least twice.

This is my first thought from the beginning of all this, since the day of the discovery of the backpack, and probably one of my first posts here on WS...the traffic cams...there has GOT to be footage of him at some light somewhere. There are traffic cams all over Superior. Also, when looking at the map of Jessica's neighborhood and school, there have got to be cams there too (not sure on that though). As mentioned on here earlier when i brought this up, there is a lot of footage to go through and hard to pinpoint the time the backpack was placed, so that reviewing footage in Superior would be challenging, but as far as the time of Jessica's abduction, that time frame is easier to pinpoint and the location area smaller... So, surely, the cams' footage in the morning of the 5th has been reviewed..(unless there happen to be nocams there)..She must have been crouched down in the car, on the floor or in the trunk for her to not be seen on the cams...Another thing re: this, somebody (sorry I forgot who) has responded about how cams don't always snap a shot, that they sometimes only do when a car speeds, etc etc....)

I'm not explaining myself clearly here, sorry. Words are blurring together. Obviously time to call it a night bc I'm barely making sense to myself. Hope for good news tomorrow on a suspect. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts; I think it is great hearing all of these different perspectives and possible theories. Almost all of these are certainly possible.

Night, I don't think the WM dudes are involved unless they are ID'd as a culprit and so far they haven't been. I don't know about the markers other than they look random in the grassy area and culvert. The marks on the road do show a wide wheel base spaced by the tires to be an SUV in my perspective or a larger WM truck, I guess. Not sure unless I had more pictures of the above shot. Fast pull in from the opposite direction I thought though or exit. Now to ponder that direction.

The other spooky stuff is pretty much eliminated. cool beans.

Thank you Dr. Know. I'm thinking your tactful message is that it is very easy and a fact that all words, important or not, can be misheard by our dedicated ears downstairs and what we read down there should tempered with that fact. Thank you for your moderation; I should have given the disclaimer myself.

A little o/t:
I thought Dr Know was addressing post 54 from Tejas Trio. Although I am not a newbie, I am really not a 'scanner goer' so Dr. Know's post was very helpful to me too! I had no idea money was involved and how specific the rewind could be. This is the first case (I think?) WS is allowing the trial run on bringing some of the scanner chatter upstairs. It is interesting. So thanks to those that are dedicated to listening and transcribing.

As I've posted before, I think in assessing the location of the BP drop, it's worth looking at and considering the path from the body drop to that location. (I for one believe it was done in that order).

http://goo.gl/maps/Ifd6e

Indeed. Good stuff. Very possible! It sure is a straight line isn't it!

Just thought I'd share a video of the monster we will be executing at the end of Oct. Last week SD executed one of the three guys that murdered a correctional officer but Moeller is considered the worst of all here in SD. In the video it tells how he kidnapped an 8 year old 22 years ago and as he was stabbing her to death he was raping her at the same time.

http://www.keloland.com/videoarchive/?VideoFile=121018moeller

http://www.sexoffenderin.com/articl...tion_of_man_who_raped_and_killed_daughter.htm

Sioux Falls South Dakota,
Mother to attend execution of man who raped and killed daughter
Tina Curl of Lake Luzerne has raised more than $4,000 to travel to South Dakota. Donald Moeller kidnapped, raped and killed 9-year-old Becky O'Connell in Sioux Falls 22 years ago.
Read The Rest Of The Article

Also mention that dog went to Chelsea Park then went east....(direction of Js) :(

hmmmm...where can I find this reference? (it's prob in the rewind, sorry)

Well, I'm going with wherever the dog went!

Yes it is. I think the WM dudes are cleared. I see no connection in the markings nor otherwise. jmo No need to Kronk the poor dudes. I surely wouldn't want to have found her myself. I saw a couple of dead bodies in my life, don't need the stress it causes knowing that feeling again.

If they aren't cleared, please post. I'd be so disappointed if they weren't. gah.

I'm thinking (and hoping) the first people looked at and cleared were the WM crew, the neighbors around the BP drop, and the dad of the boy who usually walked w/ JR. It is all LE101 to focus on them and clear or include them as suspects.

I watch wayyyyyyyy too much true crime TV and I can't even count how many times they work a case and when it is solved they say, 'It was a name that had never come up before in our investigation.'

I certainly hope for a swift conclusion to this case for JR's family and the community.

One last thing, I saw some news footage, a female reporter was describing the significance of the markers...will try to remember where.

You know, the four marks in a rectangle almost look like a position for a vehicle to have been parked in the road pointing directly at the location the body was left. There are two stakes in the side of the road that would frame that view. Light from headlights pointed that way would strike the place where the flags mark the spot just the other side of the fence.

Hmm, I need to study this pictures more!

Thinking of how the perp could account for his actions if someone came along and saw him. The parked car along the road at night-he could reply to anyone stopping and questioning his actions, that he was stopping to pee. If he had the bag, he could say he saw something lying in, or alongside the road, and he moved it out of the way, and, of course, deny any knowledge of what was in it. Even offer to take the bag away and dispose of it. If he was up the hill, maybe he'd reply he was doing his 'business' up there. I wonder how busy that road is late and overnight? I suspect he knew. And I suspect he could see carlights coming for a long ways.

I'm wondering if there are donation kiosks in mall parking lots and near grocery stores, where anyone, any time, can drive by and deposit goods? We have them here, and you can drive by and put donations into the kiosk/hut's chute, any time of the day or night, 24/7. If the perp planned ahead, he could take some bundles out of his home, over time, and spread word of his kiosk visits, so anyone observing him that weekend thought he was dropping off clothing, or more goods for donation. Even if they asked at night, he could simply say he had a chance to take more donations. Maybe he has done this for so long nobody questions it at all.

With the backpack, if he was caught at night with it in his hands, he could simply say it was on the side of the road, so he was moving it to the sidewalk, where hopefully it would be safe, and someone going by would see and claim it. Be a helpful, cheerful, and normal-sounding guy.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcases/2011/06/05/womans-dismembered-body/2284/

Posted June 5, 2011, 7:40 pm MT
Aurora woman’s dismembered body dumped in Glenwood Springs
By KIRK MITCHELL

Aurora, denver, dismembered, FBI, Glenwood Springs, Janine Ann Johler, Violent Criminal Apprehension Program
Victim’s name: Janine Johler, 38
Where body found: In apple orchard near Glenwood Springs
Investigative agency: Garfield County Sheriff’s Office
Date missing: May 7, 2009
Suspect: none identified

* The victim was initially described as a young girl. Authorities later said she was a woman who had been dismembered.
* Not all of her remains were recovered at the dump site, according to a report by the FBI’s Violent Criminal Apprehension Program.
* The location where someone had dumped the body was about 20 feet off of Canyon Creek Road and about a quarter mile from Interstate 70.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcases/tag/janine-ann-johler/

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5914381"]Found Deceased CO- Janine Ann Johler, 38, Aurora, IDed as UID found in orchard 13 June 2009 - Page 8 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Found Deceased CO- Janine Ann Johler, 38, Aurora, IDed as UID found in orchard 13 June 2009

:noooo: How in hello could that ever happen?

I attended a conference for LE back in the 1980s under the aegis of a friend in LE who knew that some of the subjects would be handy for me to know about in my own job. One of the presentations I went into just because I was interested was about evidence collection in outdoor settings.

The presenter was great and I learned so much!

One thing I remember was him saying something to the effect that if, at the closing of a case, you discover than 95% of what you collected at an outdoor scene was useless to your case, then you know you're doing it right. His point was to collect and/or sample every tiny thing you find because you don't know at the time what will be relevant.

Now, times may have changed since then but I'd think with today's ability to get down to the nuclear microscopic level of evidence, LE would still be encouraged to collect everything as potential evidence.

So a specific evidence flag may mark the spot of the evidence that breaks the case wide open. Or it may be an indication of how thorough the LE personnel were in processing the scene but turn out to have nothing to do with the case.

Kim Remmel went missing from Arvada Memorial Day weekend.
"She liked to hike in Jefferson County open space areas and parks, including Golden Gate Canyon State Park."
SBM from: http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2012/07/kim_remmel_missing_wild_horse_activist.php

I completely missed that link and I was acquainted with her. <smacking self over the head repeatedly>

I'm convinced she's dead and has probably been so before the word was widely spread that she was missing.

One thing that isn't apparent in the one and only article about her was that physically, she was tiny. Like 5 foot nothing and very slender. People who knew her face to face (I only knew her through email) say she looked younger than her chronological age because she was so small.

I am so angry and disgusted with myself for not making that connection.

Thank you, spamelope.

Hoping for some news very soon, pleaseeeeeeeee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothieQuota