DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcases/2011/06/05/womans-dismembered-body/2284/

Posted June 5, 2011, 7:40 pm MT
Aurora woman’s dismembered body dumped in Glenwood Springs
By KIRK MITCHELL

Aurora, denver, dismembered, FBI, Glenwood Springs, Janine Ann Johler, Violent Criminal Apprehension Program
Victim’s name: Janine Johler, 38
Where body found: In apple orchard near Glenwood Springs
Investigative agency: Garfield County Sheriff’s Office
Date missing: May 7, 2009
Suspect: none identified

* The victim was initially described as a young girl. Authorities later said she was a woman who had been dismembered.

Found Deceased CO- Janine Ann Johler, 38, Aurora, IDed as UID found in orchard 13 June 2009 - Page 8 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Found Deceased CO- Janine Ann Johler, 38, Aurora, IDed as UID found in orchard 13 June 2009

Oh wow...

The body was found by a teenage boy who was working in the orchards. According to KREX-TV Channel 5 in Grand Junction, the boy told his mother that the body appeared to be that of a girl 10 to 12 years old. The girl's body was found in a partially decomposed bag (a GARBAGE BAG? I wonder...)

The body was found between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Friday on the ground beneath apple trees, Vallario said. He would not confirm the age of the victim.

Trees again....

So she was tiny and had a diminished mental capacity. Basically child like in both appearance and intellect.

People in that thread were speculating about her abusive boyfriend who she had taken out restraining orders against, but he was in jail at the time-so then the speculation turned to him possibly hiring someone to take a hit out on her. It reminds me of how in Jessica's case it was initially speculated to be Jessica's dad who took her-later evolving into someone acting on behalf of Jessica's dad when we found out he was in Missouri at the time.

That actually fits right in with a theory I have about where this perp might work, and a possible motive...

Wow, thanks, hadn't seen this one. Another case to add to the possible comparables, for sure. 5 ' 5, hispanic male? The list of possible suspects' physical descriptions is growing.
ETA: Oops, here's the link to this one: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/teenage-girl-holds-onto-post-as-man-tries-to-abduct-her

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21806058/police-seek-links-between-jessica-ridgeway-and-may

Police seek links between Jessica Ridgeway and May incident nearby

For the first time in the Jessica Ridgeway murder case, investigators released the description of man who used a chemical-soaked rag in an unsuccessful attempt to abduct a 22-year-old woman near Ketner Lake on May 28...

..."Police are trying to determine if there is any connection between the two cases," authorities said in a bulletin to media...

...On May 28, the young woman said she was grabbed by a man described as white or light-skinned and between 18 and 30 years old, with brown hair and a medium build. He was about 5 feet 8 inches tall.

The woman had initially jogged past the man, police said, then he grabbed her from behind "trying to put a rag over her mouth. She said the rag had a chemical smell on it. She was able to get away and called 911 from her cellphone...

More at link.

The descriptions from both incidents could be the same perp.

Regarding all the confusion about the movements of the father that morning (from the scanner thread), I wouldn't use that as some kind of proof. The info coming across at that time may have been inaccurate. It would be in a sit down with the father and son and LE constructing a detailed report of their movements that would net the real story.

Does it matter if we know the exact movements of each person that morning between 8:20am and 8:45am? No. It only matters that LE knows.

Suspicion about the father who didn't check on why Jessica didn't make it to the meeting spot is misguided, IMO. The investigators would have vetted him completely and checked out every detail of his story. The FBI and CBI would have been on his doorstep first and foremost.

It sometimes seems like the FBI/CBI and LE are imagined or depicted as newbies who have never investigated an abduction/homicide before.

Kim Remmel went missing from Arvada Memorial Day weekend.
"She liked to hike in Jefferson County open space areas and parks, including Golden Gate Canyon State Park."
SBM from: http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2012/07/kim_remmel_missing_wild_horse_activist.php

Interesting. Thank you spamelope.

Re"open space", I'm wondering about the terminology. I live in NJ. Afaik, there's nothing labeled open space in my state. When I look at CO maps, I see tons of places labeled open space. I'm wondering if it's bc the majority of the land is flat & without an abundance of trees to specifically label it a park but not a typical park setting as most in the US would deem. So, is "open space" the same thing as a park or is it just a field covering an abundance of land? Not familiar with that term until I can to Jessica's thread, so I ask... Please?

Re the Eldorado K-8 School near where Jessica's backpack was found: Does anybody know the history on it? I looked it up & think it was built in 2001 but I'm not sure. I'm wondering if it was built due to a consolidation of school districts or whatnot bc there's almost 1000 kids in that school with a vast array of growing ages.

The development Jessica's backpack was found in, wonder how old it is.

Before the Eldorado K-8 was built, where did those kids attend school?

By KIRK MITCHELL

Aurora, denver, dismembered, FBI, Glenwood Springs, Janine Ann Johler, Violent Criminal Apprehension Program

* The victim was initially described as a young girl. Authorities later said she was a woman who had been dismembered.
* Not all of her remains were recovered at the dump site, according to a report by the FBI’s Violent Criminal Apprehension Program.
* The location where someone had dumped the body was about 20 feet off of Canyon Creek Road and about a quarter mile from Interstate 70.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcases/tag/janine-ann-johler/

Found Deceased CO- Janine Ann Johler, 38, Aurora, IDed as UID found in orchard 13 June 2009 - Page 8 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Found Deceased CO- Janine Ann Johler, 38, Aurora, IDed as UID found in orchard 13 June 2009

Thank you for this, Foxfire. Amazing how so many of us think along the same lines. Yeah, so she was thought to originally be a young kid bc of her size. Right?

Interesting. Thank you spamelope.

Re"open space", I'm wondering about the terminology. I live in NJ. Afaik, there's nothing labeled open space in my state. When I look at CO maps, I see tons of places labeled open space. I'm wondering if it's bc the majority of the land is flat & without an abundance of trees to specifically label it a park but not a typical park setting as most in the US would deem. So, is "open space" the same thing as a park or is it just a field covering an abundance of land? Not familiar with that term until I can to Jessica's thread, so I ask... Please?

Locals in previous threads have explained that Colorado designates wilderness areas as "open space." It is a legal designation that means that the land remains untouched by things like developments, etc. It's like a park only without any tree trimming or lawn mowing or swimming pools.

People are free to hike or ride horses across it but it is mostly there to act as buffer zones for wildlife, etc, between towns or suburbs.

Where could the perp mutilate the body(ies) so that the trail would go undetected? I can think of only 2: large tub with great water pressure & good plumbing so as to not get clogged...or...over a natural flowing body of water like a river or stream. However, are there any lakes with alot of flora & fish? If so, it could be a way to dispose of certain body parts in so much as the natural wildlife helping to dispose of those pieces. High level of bacteria would speed up biologic breakdown.

God help me for typing that. It's sick.

Locals in previous threads have explained that Colorado designates wilderness areas as "open space." It is a legal designation that means that the land remains untouched by things like developments, etc. It's like a park only without any tree trimming or lawn mowing or swimming pools.

People are free to hike or ride horses across it but it is mostly there to act as buffer zones for wildlife, etc, between towns or suburbs.

That's what I thought. Thanks so much, GrainneDhu. I missed it as I came just a few threads ago. I skimmed over everything but haven't read it all in full. I'm sorry & thanks again. :)

It was about 10 to 11 oclock at the tip of the down tree. It could have been on the ground under the tree or up in it. I do remember reports of checking up in trees for Jessica. Anyone else? imo

There is no photo of the tree at this link at this point. Not sure why? Perhaps someone removed it? Perhaps LE had it removed for some reason?

Where could the perp mutilate the body(ies) so that the trail would go undetected? I can think of only 2: large tub with great water pressure & good plumbing so as to not get clogged...or...over a natural flowing body of water like a river or stream. However, are there any lakes with alot of flora & fish? If so, it could be a way to dispose of certain body parts in so much as the natural wildlife helping to dispose of those pieces. High level of bacteria would speed up biologic breakdown.

Hopefully they would be able to tell if she were washed in water at any point what type of water it was.....tap water would have chlorine and fluoride etc...Do they check for these types of things? They could possibly tell the difference between lake/pond water and river water too. If water was on her and they could find out what type of water they could narrow down the crime scene....if its not where her body was found.

By KIRK MITCHELL

* Not all of her remains were recovered at the dump site, according to a report by the FBI’s Violent Criminal Apprehension Program.
* The location where someone had dumped the body was about 20 feet off of Canyon Creek Road and about a quarter mile from Interstate 70.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcases/tag/janine-ann-johler/

It would not surprise me if the perp is a serial killer, taking different age groups. Ted Bundy did this, as well as others.

I feel like the perp lives alone, and in a house. He would of had his privacy.

The perp is a child molestor and a killer. He is obsessed with children and lives within distance of a school. He doesn't look like a monster, yet quite normal and handsome. He is white, because perps usually like their own race. He has thought about doing this for along time, and his fantasies got the best of him. He has a girlfriend who has children. jmo

No. We just have no indication of where the pillow pet was when it was being discussed on the scanner.

If you read the rewind (and to clarify the earlier inquiry, there are written rewinds on websleuths, and much of the confusion here is that we have been neglecting to post the link, which unfortunately I don't have handy at the moment to insert here!), and if of read the exchange closely it is possible to draw a conclusion about where "here" is (regarding the pillow pet). (Although, of course, the conclusion might be inaccurate.)

JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank you for this, Foxfire. Amazing how so many of us think along the same lines. Yeah, so she was thought to originally be a young kid bc of her size. Right?

Yes, Jersey*Girl, she was petite. Janine Johler had been in a car accident when she was a child and was disabled.

Thought it interesting that her case was entered into FBI VICAP. Seems that the Denver, CO, area has one or more sexual predators/serial killers active, imo. I am beginning to notice a pattern that missing/murdered women investigations are seldom solved in the Denver area.

Imo, this is due to the 1950s antiquated strategy of silence and misinformation being utilized by investigators in these cases. Silence is the predators most lethal weapon, and only causes innocent lives and mounting cold cases. Imo, FBI & Colorado law enforcement officials have been aware of this pattern for some time and the Jessica Ridgeway, abduction/murder is the tragic results.. Although I don't live in Colorado, Public Safety is very important to me. Without public safety for our families, we have nothing..

Read more: Body found in Garfield County was Aurora woman - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/technology/ci_12655162#ixzz29kDQBsCI
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Westminster Police‏@WestminsterPD

Unless there is breaking news, a PIO will not be available until after 8:00am Friday morning. #jessicaridgeway

Is PIO public information officer??

RE: (Janine Ann Johler) Authorities declined to discuss what evidence searchers may have come across Saturday. Sheriff’s spokeswoman Tanny McGinnis said investigators also aren’t commenting on where the investigation stands and whether any suspects have been identified

http://www.gjsentinel.com/hp/content...ime_scene.html

"Why, that it is important for the citizens to be informed of how cases and investigations are handled'.

We could use a strong accountability system not dependent on appeals, but rather oversight. The public/citizens have a right to know exactly how decisions are made and cases are handled. It does not have to be in the midst of the case but certainly afterward there should be transparency. If there isn’t, how can we address issues of corruption, incompetance, and error?

We need to know in order to fix problems and hold people accountable for what is supposed to be work done on behalf of the citizens. Somehow “the interest of the state” seems to preclude the citizenry which is odd considering the state IS the citizenry, well, at least in a democratic republic with a constitution...

"Luv this Quote by criminal profiler Pat Brown"

Regarding all the confusion about the movements of the father that morning (from the scanner thread), I wouldn't use that as some kind of proof. The info coming across at that time may have been inaccurate. It would be in a sit down with the father and son and LE constructing a detailed report of their movements that would net the real story.

Does it matter if we know the exact movements of each person that morning between 8:20am and 8:45am? No. It only matters that LE knows.

Suspicion about the father who didn't check on why Jessica didn't make it to the meeting spot is misguided, IMO. The investigators would have vetted him completely and checked out every detail of his story. The FBI and CBI would have been on his doorstep first and foremost.

It sometimes seems like the FBI/CBI and LE are imagined or depicted as newbies who have never investigated an abduction/homicide before.

I don't think people are assuming no one checking into it. I think people are wondering what the outcome of that checking was.

JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dismemberment doesn't leave as much of a mess as you might think. The body doesn't actively bleed post mortem.

I don't know if you have ever seen that awful Luca Magnotta video, but if you have, it makes it clear that dismemberment can be done with nothing more than a knive (no power tools needed) and leaves a relatively easy to clean crime scene behind. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if if this freak watched it and got inspired :puke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothieQuota