CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I'm way out there on this and hopefully already ruled out but... The morning she disappeared she was supposed to meet her male friend to walk with ( I read usually his older brother too). She called to confirm that he would still walk wit her. Why would the dad who ended up taking his son to school (her friend) not drive back the couple of blocks to see where she was? I would have! Not blaming just think it's odd.

He may have? We don't really know what happened that day, do we? Or would they have told us that?

Interesting. Thank you spamelope.

Re"open space", I'm wondering about the terminology. I live in NJ. Afaik, there's nothing labeled open space in my state. When I look at CO maps, I see tons of places labeled open space. I'm wondering if it's bc the majority of the land is flat & without an abundance of trees to specifically label it a park but not a typical park setting as most in the US would deem. So, is "open space" the same thing as a park or is it just a field covering an abundance of land? Not familiar with that term until I can to Jessica's thread, so I ask... Please?

Open space is publicly owned land. Think of it as parks where the landscaping is left to nature. Open space parks almost always have trails and some have other facilities, but for the most part they are undeveloped.

Dismemberment doesn't leave as much of a mess as you might think. The body doesn't actively bleed post mortem.

I don't know if you have ever seen that awful Luca Magnotta video, but if you have, it makes it clear that dismemberment can be done with nothing more than a knive (no power tools needed) and leaves a relatively easy to clean crime scene behind. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if if this freak watched it and got inspired :puke:

I know, I've seen multiple autopsies...in person. However, the amount of blood dispersed relates to exactly where the severs take place. There may not be splatter from gaseous pressure but there very well could be a large flow. This is why I ask about where the cutting could take place bc water would be needed to wash away the blood, even if she were partially frozen. If she were frozen all the way before cutting, a power tool would most certainly be needed bc it would be dang near impossible for a saw or hatchet to cut through anything larger than a finger or toe by just one perp.

I wonder... Did Jessica pack her lunch the day she disappeared? I wonder if she carried a lunch box in her backpack with a freezer pack...

I don't know if this has been clarified here yet, but for all the people who are wondering about what the "rewind" is, there is a link (at the end of the post) and information about forum rules related to scanner threads here:

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8451114&postcount=2"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #8[/ame]

From last thread:

How often do the culverts get cleaned? Monthly? Every six months? Is it a little too coincidental that Jessica was placed in the pipe (or very close to it) within a few days of the maintenance crew being there. I suspect there is a good chance he knew that that particular culvert was scheduled for maintenance and that therefore she would be found that week, which ties in with the theory he wanted her found, in that condition, so his "handiwork" would be seen when it was fresh enough to see what he had done. Who has access to the culvert and road maintenance schedule?

I'm thinking this exact same thing...

It's almost as if this creep wants to place victims in all known open and/or hiked areas so as to keep everyone frightened. He must get off on the scare tactic of it all. If he's responsible for multiple victims like I think he is, then he probably watches the public's reaction to his crimes on a daily basis. Maybe he waits for the fear to subside then he strikes again. I still think the article I posted from September igged him on in his mind, that he used it to say to investigators Yep, here I am so try to catch me if ya can. He's taunting them & freaking out the public. This perp is a sick sadist.

I wonder... Did Jessica pack her lunch the day she disappeared? I wonder if she carried a lunch box in her backpack with a freezer pack...

Her mom said that they cut up an orange that morning, but didn't specify if they packed a whole lunch. She did bring a water bottle, that we know.

Re the Eldorado K-8 School near where Jessica's backpack was found: Does anybody know the history on it? I looked it up & think it was built in 2001 but I'm not sure. I'm wondering if it was built due to a consolidation of school districts or whatnot bc there's almost 1000 kids in that school with a vast array of growing ages.

The development Jessica's backpack was found in, wonder how old it is.

Before the Eldorado K-8 was built, where did those kids attend school?

Jessica's backpack was found in a neighborhood called Rock Creek. The school was built not long after the houses surrounding it. Before Eldorado school was built kids in the area would have gone to school in Louisville or Boulder.

Where could the perp mutilate the body(ies) so that the trail would go undetected? I can think of only 2: large tub with great water pressure & good plumbing so as to not get clogged...or...over a natural flowing body of water like a river or stream. However, are there any lakes with alot of flora & fish? If so, it could be a way to dispose of certain body parts in so much as the natural wildlife helping to dispose of those pieces. High level of bacteria would speed up biologic breakdown.

God help me for typing that. It's sick.

Keep in mind that it's getting on for winter in Colorado. The day Jessica disappeared was the first snowfall of the season.

As I understand it, the weather doesn't stay really cold there yet and tends to warm up fast enough that snow isn't sticking. I doubt there's any ice in moving water yet and maybe only the barest skim of crystals around small bodies of still water in the mornings.

So bacterial activity, etc, is going to be greatly reduced from now on until spring comes again.

How do you think the killer is feeling if he infact is related to the jogger? How do you think he is feeling if he was not related to the jogger?

I understand that Jessicas abduction happened on Columbus day weekend but that the schools were open on Monday. The attempted abduction of the woman at ketner lake was over memorial day weekend. I've tried to find out if the one in july happened over july 4th weekend but havent been able to come up with a date or any other info on that. Anyway, i understand that school was open on the monday of columbus day but post offices were not. Maybe the perp is a postal worker. He wouldnt have missed work on monday bc it was a holiday. Also he may know the neighborhoods bc he delivered mail there but doesnt live there. Just a thought.

Interesting- missing 30 years

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60259"]CO CO - Victoria Sanchez, 15, & Yvonne Mestas, 15, Rocky Ford, 1 Nov 1982 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

CO - Victoria Sanchez, 15, & Yvonne Mestas, 15, Rocky Ford, 1 Nov 1982

Keep in mind that it's getting on for winter in Colorado. The day Jessica disappeared was the first snowfall of the season.

As I understand it, the weather doesn't stay really cold there yet and tends to warm up fast enough that snow isn't sticking. I doubt there's any ice in moving water yet and maybe only the barest skim of crystals around small bodies of still water in the mornings.

So bacterial activity, etc, is going to be greatly reduced from now on until spring comes again.

This is WHY I love WS with all the people working together, bouncing ideas off of each other. GrainneDhu, the bbm above is why I'm wondering about stagnant water vs flowing water. If done in a tub, the trap would have to be a larger industrial in case clots or bone fragments slip through the openings in the screen prior to the trap (plumbing), but Clorox could be used to rid the DNA. However a moving river, if body was cut over it, would disperse body materials. The only other thing I could think of is a lake that holds alot of bad bacteria, not one from say a natural spring. A natural spring fed lake would freeze well & maintain DNA or slow down the decomposition of body parts BUT a swampy sort of lake would freeze on top while the bacteria underneath continues to multiply & fester (hence better for biological breakdown of body parts).

Jessica's backpack was found in a neighborhood called Rock Creek. The school was built not long after the houses surrounding it. Before Eldorado school was built kids in the area would have gone to school in Louisville or Boulder.

Your mention of Rock Creek made me think of Rock Creek Park, where Chandra Levy was murdered (apparently out running at the time) and her remains were later found. The man who was convicted of her murder admitted to having assaulted two other women there.

ETA: It just seems there are a few coincidental relationships to other famous murders. Jessica's last name being the same as that of serial killer, the location of the BP being near the notorious baby murder, and the name of the neighborhood.

In this photo, which was being discussed upthread, there was some question as to what these orange arrows on the road were and what they meant. I have a theory:
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Jessica Ridgeway -CO-/101112s81.jpg

If you look at the WM truck you'll see orange markers beside the visible wheels. Up the road a bit, there is another set of orange markers on the road. I took a sticky note, and stuck it on my screen beside the WM truck. I measured the distance between the orange marks. I used a pen to put marks on the note where the orange marks are on the road beside the truck. I took the marked up sticky note and stuck it beside the other orange marks on the road.

I noticed the wheels on the WM truck are the exact distance apart (all the visible wheels) as the arrows up the road there visible in the photo.

Therefore, I suspect that the WM truck was moved after LE arrived. I further suspect LE put the orange markers on the road to indicate where the WM truck had been when they arrived. And then where it was when the truck was pulled to side of road. That is my best guess. And I've not had a can of Coke yet this morning, so if someone has figured this out already and posted this, then accept my appology. :D

Since I'm feeling extra smart today (lol)... I also measured the width of the truck and compared against width of the road markers in photo... they also match. :D

I don't know if this has been clarified here yet, but for all the people who are wondering about what the "rewind" is, there is a link (at the end of the post) and information about forum rules related to scanner threads here:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #8

Thank you for reposting .

I found it interesting that is was said the teacher saw her at school, and J said they walked to school. Then J dad says no they waited then drove. Yet J is mixed up about the days.

It wasnt a week later ,or even the next day. It was right after school. The same day they waited for her.

Then the teacher confirms she saw her but she was not in class .

I am sure LE has all this worked out. If she did make it to school ,and teachers saw her yet she wasnt in class it would remind me of Kyrons case.

If she didnt I will forever be puzzled over J and the teachers account. I wonder what discriptions of clothing both witnesses provided.

Your mention of Rock Creek made me think of Rock Creek Park, where Chandra Levy was murdered (apparently out running at the time) and her remains were later found. The man who was convicted of her murder admitted to having assaulted two other women there.

ETA: It just seems there are a few coincidental relationships to other famous murders. Jessica's last name being the same as that of serial killer, the location of the BP being near the notorious baby murder, and the name of the neighborhood.

Rock Creek Park in DC.

In this photo, which was being discussed upthread, there was some question as to what these orange arrows on the road were and what they meant. I have a theory:
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Jessica Ridgeway -CO-/101112s81.jpg

If you look at the WM truck you'll see orange markers beside the visible wheels. Up the road a bit, there is another set of orange markers on the road. I took a sticky note, and stuck it on my screen beside the WM truck. I measured the distance between the orange marks. I used a pen to put marks on the note where the orange marks are on the road beside the truck. I took the marked up sticky note and stuck it beside the other orange marks on the road.

I noticed the wheels on the WM truck are the exact distance apart (all the visible wheels) as the arrows up the road there visible in the photo.

Therefore, I suspect that the WM truck was moved after LE arrived. I further suspect LE put the orange markers on the road to indicate where the WM truck had been when they arrived. And then where it was when the truck was pulled to side of road. That is my best guess. And I've not had a can of Coke yet this morning, so if someone has figured this out already and posted this, then accept my appology. :D

Since I'm feeling extra smart today (lol)... I also measured the width of the truck and compared against width of the road markers in photo... they also match. :D

Sorry to quote myself.... but now that I look at the photo, and have realized the orange paint on road must be where WM truck was... it makes me wonder if the driver might have spotted something first, as he / they were driving along.... that doesn't seem an ordinary place / way to park a WM truck (see how it seems it was across the center line on an angle?). Perhaps they turned towards it for a better view, then decided to get out and go see? Purely speculating on a possibility - there is no media link to support this idea -- if this isn't allowed, pls delete mod. :D

Where could the perp mutilate the body(ies) so that the trail would go undetected? I can think of only 2: large tub with great water pressure & good plumbing so as to not get clogged...or...over a natural flowing body of water like a river or stream. However, are there any lakes with alot of flora & fish? If so, it could be a way to dispose of certain body parts in so much as the natural wildlife helping to dispose of those pieces. High level of bacteria would speed up biologic breakdown.

God help me for typing that. It's sick.

I was thinking tub yesterday myself. Then I thought they would probably run the water for a long, long time. So why not look at the water bills in the immediate area where LE is focusing. Maybe there is a user whose bill will be significantly higher this month?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I think it's important to note that pieces are missing. I'd like to know which pieces they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper