CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking through the sex offender pictures there's a couple with string type necklaces but you can't see enough of the picture to see if any of them might have been dumb enough to leave the charm behind they were pictured with.

Ughh they have to be so close and just need that one piece to bust him/her

(Above is BBM) I'm finding it hard to keep up with the latest threads and am still trying to catch up so please excuse me for sounding dumb but did the police discover this cross with her remains or elsewhere in the area of where her remains were found? Thanks and I apologise for asking something that is probably very obvious!

Following the initial post by Westminster PD there were several media reports. Just follow this post to subsequent pages to catch up. All the links are provided.
:seeya:

I happen to know that in Oregon there is an event called something like "Alternative Crafts Fair," which is a really big event held annually and run by volunteers. I think many (most) of the volunteers are living or trying to live "off the grid," i.e., as close to nature as possible.I have a hunch the cross could have come from something like this. Is there a similar event in Colorado?

Are you in Oregon by any chance?

TIA.

No, I'm in GA. I definatley don't fit that description, no judgement on those vendors, but I live in suburbia and make personalized nursery decor for babies and kids, I have 2 preteen girls. My business is Internet based but I participate in craft shows that are usually held by local churches and town halls once a season.

Dh took one look at that cross and said "it's a priest, Catholic". He went to Catholic school in Denver, elementary & high schools.

JR's family is catholic. kids trust priests.

I didn't know Jessica's family was Catholic. But I didn't watch the memorial.

Something to keep in mind....

I noted this yesterday... but I'll post it again in case you missed it:

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8472467&postcount=1142"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12[/ame]

That wooden cross looks (to me) like a really cheap item, not a fine piece from an artisan. I don't envision some creepy guy paying more than a dollar or two for such an item. Artisans would charge more.

The context they are giving is so convoluted that there can be many interpretations. 2 or 3 cases could be linked, might not be linked at all, the item was found at "one of the" crime scenes, but which one and in what context exactly? People are getting so caught up in trying to figure out where the item might have been found, which crime scene, and what the cross means, that more attention is being paid to that than to "do I know anyone who has ever worn an item like this or have I ever seen anyone carrying a cross like this?"

Exactly, that is why police want to know if the public has seen anyone wearing this cross. He has personalized it with his own score card, jmo, making it unique to any other.

Do you think the killer purposely left the cross at the scene? As if trying to leave a message? I don't know. Speaking hypothetically of course, when you think of the posibility of somebody in the public maybe identifying someone recently seen purchasing/wearing that cross. Therefore it being left behind was a big mistake on the killers behalf? I'm sure none of that makes sense to any of you, but trust me, in my mind it does...... I think. :waitasec:

I wonder if it did have a suede or string necklace to it, if it was used in the crime

Memorial was at Faith Bible Chapel in Arvada

I could be completely wrong, but I had the impression it was held at that location due to space and the ability to accommodate a large number of people?

I checked with 3 Spanish woodcarver artisans here in Santa Fe (area). SF is about 6 1/2 hours from Westminster, Co.

Their opinion (not mine)
hand made
off set is not unique
looked like it had been in water
electric saw used to cut top, bottom and sides (chipped where saw cut)
hole drilled with an electric drill
hole in the wrong place for a necklace - would tip forward
hole too new looking to have been worn with leather/chain
"thought" it might have been used as a pocket cross
thickness threw them off for a necklace too - way too thick
3 lines - they had no clue - too crudely made
zig zag on back - best guess (since I told them it "could" be connected to a murder) was it's the old symbol for fear. Just a guess though since too crudely made.

Left Westminster LE email and phone # with them and asked them to check around with others.

To me it looks like it's been in the pocket of a restaurant worker. Dh used to be a cook and everything that went to work with him ended up obtaining that moist, greasy, grimy look.

I also wonder what he would have used to make the notches. They aren't "clean" cuts, like one would make with a box cutter or knife blade. I too think they are his tally of victims. MOO

I am perpetual skim reader, so forgive me if my speculation is repetitive. I am wondering if the 3 lines on the cross represent the trinity (Father, Son and Holy Ghost).

The three lines - almost always in Christian iconography, the number three represents the Holy Trinity.

Found this on Ebay

St. Michael Charm Bracelet

st-michael-bracelet.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/St-Michael-Bracelet-Charm-W-Wooden-Cross-Pendant-Catholic-Police-Patron-Saint-/320914938554

I could be completely wrong, but I had the impression it was held at that location due to space and the ability to accommodate a large number of people?

During the service, the Pastor said that Jessica had attended there with friends, in the past.

Was there a catholic priest at the services? tia

Do you think the killer purposely left the cross at the scene? As if trying to leave a message? I don't know. Speaking hypothetically of course, when you think of the posibility of somebody in the public maybe identifying someone recently seen purchasing/wearing that cross. Therefore it being left behind was a big mistake on the killers behalf? I'm sure none of that makes sense to any of you, but trust me, in my mind it does...... I think. :waitasec:

jmo, it was accidently left behind. It's his score card and he was wearing it on at least the attempted lake abduction, too, and she remembered a wood cross, but no specifics about it. Your posts make perfect sense to me. :)

So not too useful. I recall being places where it's raining on my side of the street and not raining across the street!

How does one find specific weather conditions then? Maybe archives of the local paper? Even then, those are usually predictions. :waitasec:

Me too, in Houston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member