CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
there are several boys on my son's football team that wear rosaries around their necks under their football shirts.

I have also seen other teens in my son's school wearing them as jewelry.

I don't know if it is a tween trend but I have seen it around the part of Michigan where I live.

(aside: we are Catholic so nurse-kid is not allowed to wear his rosary around his neck at football games although I think he would like to)

As someone who grew up with rosaries EVERYWHERE lol, listen, they aren't worn around the neck, they're wrapped around the wrist for praying. They rarely break. I can't remember any rosaries breaking. We had cheap plastic ones, expensive silver ones, ornate beaded ones, wooden ones. They are weirdly durable. But again--no one wears them. Normally the crucifix at the end of the rosary is fairly ornate. Oh and that's another thing--every rosary I ever had did not have a cross at the end but a crucifix (meaning that Jesus was on the cross, it wasn't plain).

To ME, being Catholic that looks like the necklaces the altar boy's wore with a white string through it. They had a thick, large wooden cross around their necks that hung sort of low.

It looks like that, but this one's tiny, only about an inch and a half tall.

That's the cross. It looks to be an exact match. I wonder if this place in Georgia gets it from some group of crafters. It does not seem like it would be something mass produced.
I wonder if people are getting confused by the picture posted of the side by side of the JR cross and the product sold on that website...When I first saw it I thought both pictures were from the website and my jaw hit the floor. But upon closer look realized that it was just a side by side comparison. I think it's a close match, but not exact. The JR killer cross is more lopsided.

That's the cross. It looks to be an exact match. I wonder if this place in Georgia gets it from some group of crafters. It does not seem like it would be something mass produced.

EDIT; I saw the picture wrong, I wonder if others are too. The picture from the Georgia place is the tiny picture whereas the JR actual cross is the big one. I thought both were from the GA place, based on how it was posted.

I made the same mistake. :banghead:

does a migrant worker makes sense?
he may live in or near Arvada frequently but also moves a lot and knows a lot about the area as well as other areas and transportation routes.
maybe he stays near JR's house or with someone (in a motor home, trailer/RV?) when he's working here?
(what happened with that motor home that was being towed by a car out of JR's hood the day she went missing?)
the LE description and the psychic descriptions sound like it could match either a migrant worker or agricultural worker (either a citizen or not - some ties to a religious or gang community) who travels with the seasons? Or as others have suggested, a laborer (roofer etc) who also goes where the work takes him.
someone from So CO or NM, AZ?
relatively slight, maybe ill or not totally healthy. easy for an adult to fight off. maybe he's become ill and less overpowering over time. maybe other similar crimes can be attributed to him when he was younger/healthier?
maybe he's "losing it" due to age/illness, so is moving to children instead of adults? and trying out chloroform to help subdue larger victims?
maybe we're not connecting missing adult (male & female) cases to this guy but maybe he did used to target adults in his younger, healthier days?

Another attempted abduction back in March 2012. Approx 3.5 miles from Chelsea Park.

Teenage Girl Holds Onto Post As Man Tries To Abduct Her

Posted: 03/14/2012

"Crime alert fliers are getting posted in a Westminster neighborhood after a 15-year-old girl nearly got abducted Monday night. .....

"The 15-year-old, who was walking near 110th Place and Harlan Street at 8 p.m. Monday, walked across the street to see if the man would follow, which he did, according to police...."

"Suspect Description
Hispanic Male
5 feet 5 inches tall
Mid 20s
Short, dark hair"

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/teenage-girl-holds-onto-post-as-man-tries-to-abduct-her

I think this perp has a weird religious bent....I think there is a link for him between this cross and the place where he left Jessica's remains.

I found a woodworking shop in Brighton, 19 miles from Westminster. They have a FB page and are on Etsy. I'm on my phone and can't link. It's Woodncreations.
I wonder if they would be familiar with where this could of come from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As someone who grew up with rosaries EVERYWHERE lol, listen, they aren't worn around the neck, they're wrapped around the wrist for praying. They rarely break. I can't remember any rosaries breaking. We had cheap plastic ones, expensive silver ones, ornate beaded ones, wooden ones. They are weirdly durable. But again--no one wears them. Normally the crucifix at the end of the rosary is fairly ornate. Oh and that's another thing--every rosary I ever had did not have a cross at the end but a crucifix (meaning that Jesus was on the cross, it wasn't plain).

To ME, being Catholic, that looks like the necklaces the altar boy's wore with a white string through it. They had a thick, large wooden cross around their necks that hung sort of low.

Edited to add: yes, I know some people DO wear them around their necks, but those people aren't Catholic. They're just confused ;).

Just throwing this out there because abuse begets abusers: http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_19792429

Another attempted abduction back in March 2012. Approx 3.5 miles from Chelsea Park.

Teenage Girl Holds Onto Post As Man Tries To Abduct Her

Posted: 03/14/2012

"Crime alert fliers are getting posted in a Westminster neighborhood after a 15-year-old girl nearly got abducted Monday night. .....

"The 15-year-old, who was walking near 110th Place and Harlan Street at 8 p.m. Monday, walked across the street to see if the man would follow, which he did, according to police...."

"Suspect Description
Hispanic Male
5 feet 5 inches tall
Mid 20s
Short, dark hair"

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/teenage-girl-holds-onto-post-as-man-tries-to-abduct-her
I am glad someone started a list of all these... I am losing track of how many there are!

To ME, being Catholic, that looks like the necklaces the altar boy's wore with a white string through it. They had a thick, large wooden cross around their necks that hung sort of low.

Edited to add: yes, I know some people DO wear them around their necks, but those people aren't Catholic. They're just confused ;).

------------

IMO - My bold above. They're not just confused--it is done deliberately. And, it may very well be a good clue in narrowing the suspect pool down.

Just throwing this out there because abuse begets abusers: http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_19792429

I thought about that but the altar boy's crosses were bigger than the picture is showing (I *think*, I was a child when I actually held/saw them on my friends so they may be bigger in my memory). Also, the church wouldn't give them out or have them hand carved. They are like part of a uniform that you check out...all the same, all returned. If that makes sense.

Lots of pop-culture necklaces mimic that style with a simple wooden cross and string or strip of leather through it.

I guess I was just trying to say that I really didn't think it came from a rosary. The rosaries tend to have the "threading" on TOP of the cross instead of through it. The prayer ends there, so it's not strung through the crucifix, the crucifix is hanging from the end.

I found a woodworking shop in Brighton, 19 miles from Westminster. They have a FB page and are on Etsy. I'm on my phone and can't link. It's Woodncreations.
I wonder if they would be familiar with where this could of come from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of our members actually went to one or a couple of shops and got crafters' thoughts on the cross pics. Ransom maybe? ....shoot, I will try to find the post, cuz it was very interesting. I read it before I napped though and now I can't remember the poster's name. :what:

Nurse, do you remember?

I am glad someone started a list of all these... I am losing track of how many there are!

Agreed! Was there ever a sketch of this guy??

That girl is my hero, what excellent safety awareness and then defensive response from beginning to end.

Agreed! Was there ever a sketch of this guy??

That girl is my hero, what excellent safety awareness and then defensive response from beginning to end.

No.... not that I am aware of... The sketch that was done was of (iirc) the Arvada luring attempts (re: candy man) and they don't seem to be too focused on that nor have I seen any attempts to connect the candy man to the Ketner lake grabber (geez, he needed a name :eek:).

Also, someone said the woman wouldn't have been able to see the cross because he grabbed her from behind but that is not totally true. (I read the original report so I now have to go back and find it) but iirc she said she passed the man once head on and when she looped back around they were headed in the same direction and she passed him (and he ran up behind and tried to put the rag over her face and mouth).

Wow, we are on post #333. IMO - the three "slashes" on the cross are to represent the Trinity.

There are people who wear rosaries around their necks, but obviously not for a Christian reason. It very well could be an expression of cultural identity.

I'll leave it at that.

Crosses are often given out to others as a symbol of hope and salvation. I'm thinking of groups like Alcoholics/Narcotics Anonymous or religious charities like Salvation Army and St Vincent de Paul, etc.

And to get into the really weird, there's the blood atonement aspect with Christ's blood on the cross to forgive us our sins.

No.... not that I am aware of... The sketch that was done was of (iirc) the Arvada luring attempts (re: candy man) and they don't seem to be too focused on that nor have I seen any attempts to connect the candy man to the Ketner lake grabber (geez, he needed a name :eek:).

Also, someone said the woman wouldn't have been able to see the cross because he grabbed her from behind but that is not totally true. (I read the original report so I now have to go back and find it) but iirc she said she passed the man once head on and when she looped back around they were headed in the same direction and she passed him (and he ran up behind and tried to put the rag over her face and mouth).

Here's an article.

Jogger escapes from attempted kidnapping near Westminster lake
May 30, 2012
http://kdvr.com/2012/05/30/jogger-escapes-from-attempted-kidnapping-near-westminster-lake/

I think Westminster PD telling people to only submit tips to the phone number or email address is another way to worry the perp. He probably loves seeing all the guesses and ideas people are making.

I'm surprised so many people are writing on the facebook page and talking about the killer. I don't want my name and face and account to myself/location/pictures/family/friends anywhere accessible to the killer. Yikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876