CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised so many people are writing on the facebook page and talking about the killer. I don't want my name and face and account to myself/location/pictures/family/friends anywhere accessible to the killer. Yikes

I was thinking the exact same thing when I was reading the comments on the WPD FB page!

I am glad someone started a list of all these... I am losing track of how many there are!

It's post #281 on page 12 of this thread. I've updated the list to reflect the corrections and additional cases other posters mentioned after I made the original post. So, the timeline is updated....for now. :seeya:

Wow, we are on post #333. IMO - the three "slashes" on the cross are to represent the Trinity.
There are people who wear rosaries around their necks, but obviously not for a Christian reason. It very well could be an expression of cultural identity.

I'll leave it at that.

BBM above..........

Interesting, it was brought up early on from a poster too, about the placement of the backpack, where she was abducted and where she was found. On a map it could/does form a triangle.....

220px-Shield-Trinity-Scutum-Fidei-English.svg.png

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity"]Trinity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Heck maybe the perp is located right smack dab in the middle of the triangle from google !

Wow, we are on post #333. IMO - the three "slashes" on the cross are to represent the Trinity.

There are people who wear rosaries around their necks, but obviously not for a Christian reason. It very well could be an expression of cultural identity.

I'll leave it at that.

I thought this was an interesting article about it:
http://ct.dio.org/comment-and-dialo...everent-to-wear-a-rosary-around-the-neck.html (from the Catholic Times)

You're right, it sounds like it's cultural and the person could still be religious and wear a rosary.

It's post #281 on page 12 of this thread. I've updated the list to reflect the corrections and additional cases other posters mentioned after I made the original post. So, the timeline is updated....for now. :seeya:

Maybe it's time for a dedicated wiki?

Advances in DNA technology are amazing. I learned that from: The Bike Path Rapist/Murderer case, Buffalo, NY.

BBM above..........

Interesting, it was brought up early on from a poster too, about the placement of the backpack, where she was abducted and where she was found. On a map it could/does form a triangle.....

Trinity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Heck maybe the perp is located right smack dab in the middle of the triangle from google !

So, is the distance between the three points exactly the same? tia

For some reason, I am getting the feeling like this cross was a talisman or "good luck charm" for this person. He kept it in his pocket or on his person all of the time. I think it was dropped on accident. I was thinking maybe it was from an old rosary that had broken.

Not that any of what I said above helps identify it in any way, sadly, other than I think it is probably 5-10 years old.

I agree, this is an older cross ,maybe antique? very different from what could be purchased today, jmo but maybe a family heirloom that was passed down

BBM above..........

Trinity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That is EXACTLY what I said...interesting enough it was before the cross release. He might think he's God by harming and killing others so therefore he could be right smack there.

Okay, I'll tackle these, even though I'm only a Lutheran.

A child can be given a children's plastic rosary at any time. At First Communion a more sophisticated one might be given.

Scanning online Catholic forums, I've seen the answer, "The rosary should be burned if it breaks" given a few times. But, while a broken rosary might be a good subject for a homily at Mass, I doubt whether the Church has an official broken-rosary policy.

I was raised Catholic. A child is given a practice rosary the year prior to receiving Communion, so that he may learn the prayer beads' sequence et al. Until the child has completed his First Confession he is unfit to receive his First Holy Communion. ALL rosaries are blessed and it is considered a sin to wear one as an ornamental accessory. If by chance a rosary breaks you should dispose of it and purchase a new one.

ETA: in my opinion this is not from a rosary. This reminds me more of crosses that those of Protestant faith might wear on say a leather strap. For some reason this brings to mind the "hippie Christian".

Has someone figured out the location of the middle of the triangle?

This isn't most likely a rosary. This (I had thought) looked "prison made" or created in someone's personal workshop with saws, and stain.

I assumed the marks to be tally marks. I believe personally, he's a budding serial killer and Jessica might've been his 3rd victim. Who knows if they are all in the same area or a few states off.

It feels like a calling card. Obviously he wanted her discovered and it be such speculation as to whether it was her, so he could revel in his glory for a few days "is it male or is it female". He don't doubt that the FBI is now taunting him but it's a cat and mouse game.

This may be graphic... But could the perp have used the same tools to create the cross as the tool to dismember poor Jessica?

Could there be a connection in this way?

Or do we know that it was bought?

Just an idea...

It looks like that, but this one's tiny, only about an inch and a half tall.

Not 100% accurate but as close as I can get (without cropping the photo) to the actual size of cross.

23k1z5j.jpg

Has someone figured out the location of the middle of the triangle?

Not sure, but I will try and work on it today but probably wont get to it until later tonight I have a bunch of housework today, I shouldnt even be on right now ! lol.....

I-36 and Church Ranch Blvd. is probably 4-5 miles from Ketner Reservoir

This article sort of reads like this happened back in May but mom is only just now reporting it. :(

The article says police tried to get prints from the boy's toy gun, which was thrown into the creek, so I think it was reported at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876