CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, but how do we know which ones were him?
same with cold cases.

for all we know none of them could be the same perp that kidnapped Jessica. It is just a list of other incidents/possibilities. (to include possible cold cases)

Not sure, but I will try and work on it today but probably wont get to it until later tonight I have a bunch of housework today, I shouldnt even be on right now ! lol.....

a_rod_777 had several good posts, images related to this.

Can't link because I'm on my phone.... *_*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I first saw the cross I thought of gangs for some reason.I'm starting to think it looks Gothic.Goth.

I think it has a medieval look to it.

Googling terms like Medieval/cross/wood/jewelery etc.....show crosses with similar shapes and looks.

One of the department stores has a line of Medieval looking jewelery, I can't remember the name but this look was recently quite trendy.

I know we're not supposed to discuss certain subjects here, but I've also read "we sleuth where the evidence takes us" and I think it's leading in the direction of the subject that has been banned.
pls advise how to proceed?

Yes, sleuth out possibilities related to the cross, etc. The topic was not banned: it was shut down at the time because there was nothing to back up that discussion related to the case or released from law enforcement.

Where did this one come from? This looks identical to the one LE found.

It is the actual photo of the cross found by LE. I shrunk the photo down to show the approximate actual size of the cross.

I believe this is the original. Just cropped to an accurate size? I could be wrong.

It is the original. Blow it up and you can see "Westminster Police Dept". I did a double take when I first saw it. The possible matches people have posted aren't asymetrical enough, in my opinion.

question for you all regarding jurisdiction... or are those lines thrown out in a case supch as this... is westminster PD doing everything? for example, the backpack was found in Superior which is in Boulder County. her body was found in Arvada which is Jefferson County and her home & disappearance is in Westminster which is in Adams County. so if Westminster PD is taking the photos of the cross, was the found in Westminster?

Actually, her home is located in Jefferson County. Her home, school, Ketner Lake, Standley Lake, and Pattridge Park... all of those are in Jefferson County.

The eastern sides of Arvada and Westminster are in Adams County.

question for you all regarding jurisdiction... or are those lines thrown out in a case supch as this... is westminster PD doing everything? for example, the backpack was found in Superior which is in Boulder County. her body was found in Arvada which is Jefferson County and her home & disappearance is in Westminster which is in Adams County. so if Westminster PD is taking the photos of the cross, was the found in Westminster?

I don't think we can conclude that, no. Westminster PD is the coordinating agency and information comes through them no matter where it originated -- they were the ones who made the announcement about the ID, for instance, even though she was found in Arvada.

As someone who grew up with rosaries EVERYWHERE lol, listen, they aren't worn around the neck, they're wrapped around the wrist for praying. They rarely break. I can't remember any rosaries breaking. We had cheap plastic ones, expensive silver ones, ornate beaded ones, wooden ones. They are weirdly durable. But again--no one wears them. Normally the crucifix at the end of the rosary is fairly ornate. Oh and that's another thing--every rosary I ever had did not have a cross at the end but a crucifix (meaning that Jesus was on the cross, it wasn't plain).

To ME, being Catholic, that looks like the necklaces the altar boy's wore with a white string through it. They had a thick, large wooden cross around their necks that hung sort of low.

Edited to add: yes, I know some people DO wear them around their necks, but those people aren't Catholic. They're just confused ;).

Interesting observation about possibility of altar boys wearing this type of cross!

Timeline of Suspicious Incidents

**This timeline has been edited to incorporate corrections/additions from other sleuthers

May 7, 2009: Janine Johler of Aurora, CO, 38, reported missing

June 12, 2009: Dismembered partial remains of Janine Johler found in apple orchard off Interstate 70, just west of Glenwood Springs

July 2010: Report of an adult female jogger being chased by a man in the Ketner Lake area. She reports a similar suspect description to the attempted abduction/assault in May, 2012 at Ketner Lake.

November 4, 2011: Man exposes and touches himself in front of three 12 year-old girls who were playing outside at the corner of 69th and Robb Streets

November 12, 2011 (~3:00pm): Reported attempted abduction of 12 year-old girl at 7000 Ward Road (near Danny Kendrick Park and the Apex Recreation Center)

November 14, 2011: A 15 year-old girl reported that a man in a silver or white 4-door car approached her, asking for directions, in the area of 77th and Parfet Streets

November 16, 2011 (~8:00pm): A 6 year-old girl was waiting in the lounge area of the YMCA at 6350 Eldridge Street when a man lured her outside. She was able to break free and run back inside to her parents.

March 12, 2012 (~8:00pm): A 15 year-old girl escapes an attempted abduction in a Westminster neighborhood near 110th Place and Harlan Street. The girl reported being followed by a man who appeared to be intoxicated. She was eventually assaulted just across the street from Sheridan Green Elementary School. An SUV passing by distracted the suspect and the girl was able to get away. Suspect is described as Hispanic, 5'5", mid-20s, short/dark hair, muscular build.

May 10, 2012: An 8 year-old boy is grabbed by an assailant matching the description given by the two Lake Ketner victims. The attempted abduction occurred on a trail near Church Ranch Blvd. and U.S. Highway 36. The boy's sister screamed, causing the suspect to release the boy and run away.

May 28, 2012 (~1:15pm): A 22 year-old woman jogging around Ketner Lake is accosted from behind by an unknown assailant who puts a rag with a chemical over her face. She is able to escape and reports a suspect description that is similar to the incident in July 2010 and the incident 3 weeks prior on May 10, 2012.

June 20, 2012 (~2:45pm): A mother observes an Asian female carrying her two year-old son away, towards a white van parked on South Lowell Blvd in Sheridan, CO. The mother was able to intervene and retrieve her son. Police were looking for two suspects -- the female and an African-American male (note similar vehicle description to October 4, 2012 incident).

September 9, 2012 (~5:30pm): A young boy was approached by a man near Quaker Acres Park in Arvada who offered him candy and tried to lure him into his car. The child ran away and alerted an adult.

September 12, 2012 (~5:40pm): A second young boy is offered candy by an unknown man. Again, the child ran away and alerted an adult. The suspect in both candy incidents was believed to be driving a blue, 4-door sedan.

October 4, 2012: Report to Arvada LE of four girls being followed by a white van. The girls returned to school and reported the incident to their principal who called LE.

October 5, 2012: Jessica Ridgeway, age 10, is reported missing.

October 10, 2012: Partial remains of Jessica Ridgeway are found in Arvada, CO park.

October 12, 2012: Remains are identified as Jessica Ridgeway's.

**Please feel free to correct or add to this timeline!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jessica-ri...tempted-jogger/story?id=17516930#.UILPCHgqPLY

<modsnip>

I'm terrible at creating maps. Would anyone be interested in trying to put these locations together on a map so we could get a sense of proximity? Most of the incidents have a cross-street listed so it should be doable for someone who has the skill. TIA!!

Actually, her home is located in Jefferson County. Her home, school, Ketner Lake, Standley Lake, and Pattridge Park... all of those are in Jefferson County.

The eastern sides of Arvada and Westminster are in Adams County.

3 crime scenes
3 counties
Hmmmm....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Random, but I REALLY wish so much of this official info was not being disseminated via Facebook. It's such a messy system and half the time I try to follow a FB link they don't work any more, comments do not have static URLs or have been deleted, etc etc. I know they want to reach as many people as possible but I wish there was also a more standard news archive/portal or even wiki. "JMO". It doesn't help that I refuse to get a FB account, which renders even more of the links unusable, plus FB won't stop spamming me with popups on every page to OMG PLEASE SIGN UP OR LOGIN.)

Basically, I could swear they put up a supplemental post saying that they did not need tips on marking/symbolism/sourcing/etc, just knowledge of people who wore such a cross, but I can't find it. Got very caught up in the Whitney Heichel case last night, too, and lost some sleep on that one.

Recent comment made by Westminster PD on their Facebook Page

. Police are not looking for explanation or meaning of the markings, but we are looking for who may have worn or had one of these, has or displays other items with identical marks and in particular, a person that fits the suspect description: light skinned male, medium build, average height. Thank you.

I had a feeling too much was being put into the markings on the cross, the wood, etc.

Its imperative imoo that LE find out who had it ...then they will know who kidnapped and killed Jessica.

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member