CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The time information strongly makes me think that it was found with Jessica's body or near it, but I am not sure how they are connecting that to the incident with the 20 something unless I have mixed things up and the possible connection isn't from the cross? If it was just laying around the area it could be anyone's, but they seem more confident which leads me to believe some level of confidence has gone into thinking it is connected.

I am actually shocked they released this. I am more used to the iron tight investigations where little if anything is ever released. I think it shows just how badly LE wants this person off the streets NOW. Also, they have his DNA so releasing some of this other "little" stuff won't hurt a case like it may in other cases, I suppose.

There's a link about eight posts before you asked for a link.

I'm sorry, I'm just following so many damn cases at once...I'm usually way more on top of my links.

I swear there was some sort of astrological storm in the first week of October, all the crazies came out. I can't keep up.

:furious:

So. Back to topic

The cross was found at one of Jessica's crime scenes but they won't say which one.

LE are wondering if the May jogger attack is related also.

I wonder if they swabbed her for DNA at the time? If she fought him off, she hopefully got something, maybe under her fingernails.

:cow:

I found this comment made by the Westminster PD on their Facebook page. They are NOT seeking help on identifying the symbolism of the markings on the cross.

I wonder if that means they already know what the markings symbolize....or that they believe the markings are random/irrelevant. My guess is they already know what the markings symbolize or else they wouldn't have pointed out their existence so explicitly in the photo descriptions....

http://www.facebook.com/westminsterpolice

If they're looking for someone who has items with similar markings, then I think they believe the markings are not random, and carry some sort of meaning to someone.

I'm so far behind but I'm throwing this out there...

I'm wondering if they are able to connect the crime scene of the jogger and Jessica in that the jogger claimed that her attempted abductor covered her face with a rag or cloth that smelled like chemicals. My guess would be that during the autopsy of JR they found chemicals in her body that would have been used to knock someone out. They also could have even had the jogger try to identify a specific smell of a chemical found in Jessica to that of the smell on the rag etc. to help link the two...

MOO and all that jazz :blushing:

OK I found a cache copy of the graffiti post from the abandoned building from across the site Jessica's body was located. The graffiti says: FFMF in large letters and underneath it looks like "bled your love" in red paint. Both pieces of writing look like they originate from different people and come from different times. I googled FFMF and it got me nowhere really. "Bled your love" got me to lyrics by a christian band called Leeland and a song called "I Wonder". The lyrics are about Jesus and how he bled his love. In the photo that was posted here, the abandoned building with that graffiti has an old window opening and the abandoned mine structure where Jessica was found is in full view.

I'm not sure if I can post that photo that someone else removed. If I can, I will.

“The cross was recovered at one of the crime scenes, but we are not releasing the details at this time,” Westminster Police investigator Trevor Materasso told ABC News.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...th-pivotal-evidence-in-jessica-ridgeway-case/

Ty, Wishbone, for this link!

copied/pasted from link:
Ketner Lake is located in an open-space park directly across the street from Jessica Ridgeway’s school and not far from her home."

OMG... and for crying in the weeds... how did I miss that Ketner park was located across from JR's school?????? Gads...

There are so many things I've wanted to comment on today, but reading further along I discovered that someone else had already picked up on my thoughts/questions.

I had been amazed at how many parks were involved in this case. NOW I'm wondering does Chelsea Park really have any great significance????

In other words: I've assumed that JR was abducted at Chelsea Park or before she reached Chelsea Park... but do we know that for sure???

What if she was either running early or late that morning? What if she reached C. Park and her friend wasn't there and she assumed she was too late meeting him and proceeded on her way to school???

Could she have been abducted at Ketner Park and/or between the two parks??? IDK

I'm so far behind but I'm throwing this out there...

I'm wondering if they are able to connect the crime scene of the jogger and Jessica in that the jogger claimed that her attempted abductor covered her face with a rag or cloth that smelled like chemicals. My guess would be that during the autopsy of JR they found chemicals in her body that would have been used to knock someone out. They also could have even had the jogger try to identify a specific smell of a chemical found in Jessica to that of the smell on the rag etc. to help link the two...

MOO and all that jazz :blushing:

I wondered about this too, possibly they did find chloroform on Jess but not necessarily.

There could be a DNA link, if they got something from the jogger.

Or, it could just be that hers was a nasty attack and lightening doesn't strike twice so they want to know who that guy is, and are just be being thorough.

Chloroforming somebody! How freaky is that?

Just caught the tail end of this story on FOX National news! Don't know if this story went National before this broadcast, but it is now!

Story highlighted the cross as the key to capturing Jessica's murderer as well as the potential rapist.

Just caught the tail end of this story on FOX National news! Don't know if this story went National before this broadcast, but it is now!

Story highlighted the cross as the key to capturing Jessica's murderer as well as the potential rapist.

National Foxnews ran the cross during the early show this morning. Been running it all day.

Excuse me for posting this again, but I believe it is critically important. The quote is LE spokesman regarding the cross.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ica-ridgeways-killer-need-help-identifying-it

"This is a piece where we believe in working with the district attorney and recognizing the significance of showing it to the public helping who this individual may be," said Westminster police spokesman Trevor Materasso. "We believe it's going to help confirm or rule that these cases are not connected or potentially connected."

I didn't see it. Did they call the perp a "potential rapist?" How could anyone know what he would have done had she not gotten free?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I've been away for a bit, so just trying to catch up. I saw the cross on our local news last night. First, I thought it looked like the kind of jewelry that is sold at Renaissance Festivals, for some reason - wooden and missing a black leather cord? But, the placement of the hole on the sides of the cross started making me think it looked more like something which might come off a rosary, like this one:

http://www.jayswaminarayan101.net/product/wooden-rosary-necklace-prayer-beads-cross-rosaries-24-long

2093239_290.jpg

It's not quite right, but the placement of the hole just seems like it's attached to something else, like a rosary. Just a thought.

Ty, Wishbone, for this link!

copied/pasted from link:
Ketner Lake is located in an open-space park directly across the street from Jessica Ridgeway’s school and not far from her home."

OMG... and for crying in the weeds... how did I miss that Ketner park was located across from JR's school?????? Gads...

There are so many things I've wanted to comment on today, but reading further along I discovered that someone else had already picked up on my thoughts/questions.

I had been amazed at how many parks were involved in this case. NOW I'm wondering does Chelsea Park really have any great significance????

In other words: I've assumed that JR was abducted at Chelsea Park or before she reached Chelsea Park... but do we know that for sure???

What if she was either running early or late that morning? What if she reached C. Park and her friend wasn't there and she assumed she was too late meeting him and preceded on her way to school???

Could she have been abducted at Ketner Park and/or between the two parks??? IDK

Wasn't Ketner one of the first places they were searching after she went missing, even before the backpack was found?

eta: Does anybody have the address of the community center that has been mentioned a time or two? I think the search was headquartered there for a while.

I didn't see it. Did they call the perp a "potential rapist?" How could anyone know what he would have done had she not gotten free?

Like I said, I caught the tail end of the story. They just said that the cases are connected and that the cross needs to be identified in order to catch the perp.

About the young woman who broke away from the perp while jogging: I 've thought the same thing. She's reliving that nightmare all over again with the 'what ifs", I'm sure.

Now that I've seen the actual size of the cross (thanks to the poster who did that) it's definitely too small.

yah. an abused alter boy would harbor resentment against the church (and possibly inspire him to do things against it, i.e."evil") and would also mess up his head enough depending on the rest of his circumstances to become a psycho killer.

Wasn't Ketner one of the first places they were searching after she went missing, even before the backpack was found?

IMO she could've been abducted anywhere within a 2 mile radius of her home.

IMO she could've been abducted anywhere within a 2 mile radius of her home.

Good point, though that wasn't what I was thinking. They certainly haven't given us any hints.

Do you know the name or address of that community center that was mentioned early on?

Maybe he told her what he was going to do...

OK I found a cache copy of the graffiti post from the abandoned building from across the site Jessica's body was located. The graffiti says: FFMF in large letters and underneath it looks like "bled your love" in red paint. Both pieces of writing look like they originate from different people and come from different times. I googled FFMF and it got me nowhere really. "Bled your love" got me to lyrics by a christian band called Leeland and a song called "I Wonder". The lyrics are about Jesus and how he bled his love. In the photo that was posted here, the abandoned building with that graffiti has an old window opening and the abandoned mine structure where Jessica was found is in full view.

I'm not sure if I can post that photo that someone else removed. If I can, I will.

I think it may be an acronym for "F#@! Funk Master Flex" rap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member