CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think the jogger who attacked the boy that they could narrow this down because he was wearing a race shirt. So as another poster suggested get the names of all those in the race and get photos to present to these 3 kids to ID. All races I've seen you have to register.
It would be worth looking at. It is possible a friend gave it to him or he got it at a thrift shop. Could be he isn't really a daily jogger, just pretending to be to get close to people.

Really not sure why race and skin color is such a debate.
Kat stated correctly, Latinos may or may not classify or self- identify as white/Caucasian. Some identify as AfroCaribbean, some as indigenous, some as mixed race, some as Caucasian.

If I robbed a bank, I would be described as a "Caucasian female". If they put out my description, my close friends might write me off as a possible suspect because they will think, "she's not white, she's Latina". And that is what IMO they are trying to avoid with this case. The person has light skin. If they are light skinned, fit the rest if the description, don't NOT CALL because of whatever race they are.

Because the original report(s) were a WHITE/Caucasian guy in the first reports:

Listen:
1) http://kwgn.com/2012/05/30/jogger-escapes-from-attempted-kidnapping-near-westminster-lake/ guy:
2)http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/woman-nearly-abducted-while-jogging-in-westminster

That's it. (no racist)

No, they mean the person had light skin. So somebody who is white or who could pass as white. I just don't see how people are interpreting this to exclude any group. I don't see how they could have been any clearer.

I guess I want to call a spade a spade ... for me, a light skinned guy is being sought by police. I hope people in the area can recall a brown haired, white guy, 5'5" to 5'8", that used to wear a wooden cross around his neck, or who prized that item.

The suggestion that maybe police meant a Hispanic guy with lighter skin doesn't work for me.

Why would a 'satanist' not leave a satanic icon instead of a Christian one? Where does the satanism thing come from?

I understand anything is technically "possible" but I have to wonder if there is value in getting lots of rumors started based on basically nothing.

Perhaps the killer left it as a "calling card" so to speak, like some might leave a red rose. He would hope it would take our attention in a dire tion that actually meant nothing to him. Just more of his mind game.
Just pondering but it makes sense to me.

Wow.I did not know this.We had a pair of sneakers hanging from the power lines near our playground out back.They were there for a few years.No one took them down until recently.I never thought about this.

I never heard about gang activity. It's something some athletes/teams do at the end of the season -- the track team equivalent of throwing wine glasses in the fireplace.

I'm on my phone and can't look this up to link, but wasn't there recently a "groping" suspect still at large who is a bald white guy? I see the sketch clear as day in my head, hope I'm attaching it to the right case.

On October 5, it was cold and drizzly with temperatures near freezing.
Which would explain why no neighbors saw her because most kids were probably not walking. Even Jessica's friend J's dad was going to take them to school from the park.

You know if this is the first time this perp has killed, isn't it rare to spend the extra time with the body dismembering it? If it is rare, then this guy has done this before.

I don't think that this is his first time. Leaving the backpack in a secondary location suggests a lot of planning ... there seems to be nothing spontaneous or hesitant about anything that he has done.

I would be scared if local as well. Heck, I am scared and I am not even local at all. I saw a little girl outside playing alone in my neighborhood today and was that creepy neighbor peeping out the blinds until her older sister joined her.
I think this is the first case I have ever followed where we have a body, but no real suspects and no arrest made almost immediately. It is usually either no body found or a clear, obvious suspect so I guess that somehow lulls me into a false sense of security. This case? There is a psycho running around dismembering little kids and they don't have him yet. It is a nightmare.

I am praying one of those cross tips breaks the entire case.

I wonder how long it will take before people are more or less back to their normal routines (letting kids play outside, walk to school) if the case isn't solved and the perp doesn't strike again. I also wonder if the killer is waiting for everything to quiet down.

Thanks, I agree. I was actually posing that as a question to someone who said they thought it is an earring. I see it either as from a rosary or from a necklace.

Go back and look at that hole in the cross (from the side). It's pristine... clean. Nothing was put through that hole and worn. IMO. It's too "pure". No wear marks at all. JMO.

My post on an old thread about the artisan woodcarvers in NM that I visited and AGAIN: FWIW:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8477384&postcount=820"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #13[/ame]

I don't think that this is his first time. Leaving the backpack in a secondary location suggests a lot of planning ... there seems to be nothing spontaneous or hesitant about anything that he has done.

He is just as brazen as the jogger, hmmm.

I would be scared if local as well. Heck, I am scared and I am not even local at all. I saw a little girl outside playing alone in my neighborhood today and was that creepy neighbor peeping out the blinds until her older sister joined her.
I think this is the first case I have ever followed where we have a body, but no real suspects and no arrest made almost immediately. It is usually either no body found or a clear, obvious suspect so I guess that somehow lulls me into a false sense of security. This case? There is a psycho running around dismembering little kids and they don't have him yet. It is a nightmare.

I am praying one of those cross tips breaks the entire case.

I cannot think of a case in the last five years where a child was murdered by a non-family member and the killer wasn't caught.

Why would locals get scared to post? What are you trying to say? I do not understand.:waitasec:

I am not going to go all the way to when I first started reading, but there was a guy who seemed to be subtly called out for knowing too much and being on a radio show here? I was completely confused by it, but seems like he doesn't post anymore.

But anyway, it made me kind of skeptical about posting. But I know I have an absolute solid alibi and no criminal history or anything, but did feel that certain person was kinda looked on suspiciously, mostly for being a local.

Wow.I did not know this.We had a pair of sneakers hanging from the power lines near our playground out back.They were there for a few years.No one took them down until recently.I never thought about this.

Where I grew up, it was a summer ritual. On the last day of school, you threw your gym sneakers (which lived in your locker all year at school) up over the power lines. It was a celebratory thing, and extremely common. Read the snopes link, it certainly isn't thought of as just a gang symbol.

I wouldn't be afraid, the guys a coward, picking small children who can't defend themselves. :furious:

Which is exactly the reason I'd be afraid for my kids, if I were local and concerned that this freak was looking for something to help "select" his next victim. Paranoid? Maybe... but I've gotten way more cautious with all kinds of things such as what I post here and when, FB settings and posts, etc. since reading here.

I am not going to go all the way to when I first started reading, but there was a guy who seemed to be subtly called out for knowing too much and being on a radio show here? I was completely confused by it, but seems like he doesn't post anymore.
Yay! Now I know I'm not alone. I had been wondering if anyone else was thinking what I am thinking but didn't want to say it. Did anyone listen to the radio show? I tried but could get it to work.

Go back and look at that hole in the cross (from the side). It's pristine... clean. Nothing was put through that hole and worn. IMO. It's too "pure". No wear marks at all. JMO.

My post on an old thread about the artisan woodcarvers in NM that I visited and AGAIN: FWIW:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #13

A lot of guys wear these crosses with a black cord or leather cord. Either would polish the wood not nick it. Also maybe the cord is gone because he used it to strangle her. LE needs to look for that cord. It would also have dna from either her neck or his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member