CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jameson said that on May 10, she drove to a Target store about a half mile from her home near Westcliff Parkway and Church Ranch Boulevard, leaving her 13-year-old daughter Tori and her friend Jeannie, 13, in charge of Chandler at her home. It was a warm day at about 6:30 p.m."

"As they were walking along the trail near a street the girls noticed an "attractive" white man who was between 5 feet 6 inches and 6 feet tall, wearing jogging shorts, a Bolder Boulder T-shirt and green and white running shoes. He had a shaved head, no facial hair. He was trim and athletically built."

I wonder if the girls also noticed a cross necklace. They had excellent recall.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_21817974/jogger-choked-8-year-old-boy-near-ketner

Sure ... but ... seems to me that there would be so many shoe prints that no one would bother.

I think, if the jogger who was attacked reported and the incident was investigated right away, they may have been able to find her prints and the adjacent prints of the attacker -- not out of the realm of possibility, I'd think.

My favorite part:
"Within minutes Jameson (the mother) reached the kids and they got in her car. When the children told her what had happened she called police and started searching for the man in her car.

"I was going to run him down and kill him," Jameson said."

LOL! Good cause I would have done the same.... Too bad she didnt find him.

Really not sure why race and skin color is such a debate.
Kat stated correctly, Latinos may or may not classify or self- identify as white/Caucasian. Some identify as AfroCaribbean, some as indigenous, some as mixed race, some as Caucasian.

If I robbed a bank, I would be described as a "Caucasian female". If they put out my description, my close friends might write me off as a possible suspect because they will think, "she's not white, she's Latina". And that is what IMO they are trying to avoid with this case. The person has light skin. If they are light skinned, fit the rest if the description, don't NOT CALL because of whatever race they are.
---------

I agree. It doesn't matter anymore what a criminal declares themselves to be, or what the description is. DNA will tell. As I posted earlier, the Bikepath Rapist/Murderer case in Buffalo, NY that went on for decades is a prime example of this.

Really not sure why race and skin color is such a debate.
Kat stated correctly, Latinos may or may not classify or self- identify as white/Caucasian. Some identify as AfroCaribbean, some as indigenous, some as mixed race, some as Caucasian.

If I robbed a bank, I would be described as a "Caucasian female". If they put out my description, my close friends might write me off as a possible suspect because they will think, "she's not white, she's Latina". And that is what IMO they are trying to avoid with this case. The person has light skin. If they are light skinned, fit the rest if the description, don't NOT CALL because of whatever race they are.

Still ... police are looking for a light skinned guy between 5'5" and 5'8" in height ... if they meant someone that could pass as Hispanic, I'm sure they would say as much. Perhaps they used the term "light skinned" to exclude Hispanic guys that self-identify as white/Caucasian.

A little more on the 8 yo boy abduction attempt at Ketner Lake:

"Jameson said that on May 10, she drove to a Target store about a half mile from her home near Westcliff Parkway and Church Ranch Boulevard, leaving her 13-year-old daughter Tori and her friend Jeannie, 13, in charge of Chandler at her home. It was a warm day at about 6:30 p.m."

"As they were walking along the trail near a street the girls noticed an "attractive" white man who was between 5 feet 6 inches and 6 feet tall, wearing jogging shorts, a Bolder Boulder T-shirt and green and white running shoes. He had a shaved head, no facial hair. He was trim and athletically built.

He kept looping down through a tunnel that went under the street and jogged by the kids about four or five times.

When the girls lost interest in their mock shooting game and Tori called her mother on her cell phone the man suddenly grabbed Chandler, Jameson said.

The girls were both talking on their phones and had their backs to Chandler, who was leaning against a railing that separated the trail from the street. The jogger grabbed Chandler by the neck, grabbed his toy gun and threw it in the lake and was trying to lift him over the railing to the street."

More:
*10/20/2012 04:22:46 PM MDT
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_21817974/jogger-choked-8-year-old-boy-near-ketner

It's interesting that the police haven't mentioned this Ketner abduction possibly being linked with the jogger abduction at Ketner they have been speaking of as being possibly linked with Jessica's case. So do they think it's not related? I wish media would ask so we could know!! This is additional description information if so. Oh lord, i don't want him to be attractive. I want him to look like a monster. ugh

More pics
ketner%20lake.jpg

Home_School_KetnerLake_Map.jpg

I would think the jogger who attacked the boy that they could narrow this down because he was wearing a race shirt. So as another poster suggested get the names of all those in the race and get photos to present to these 3 kids to ID. All races I've seen you have to register.

Would the hole through the top middle be condusive to an earring??

The hole is not in the top "middle". It's lower middle and the thickness of the cross is not conducive to an earring with the hole. IMO.

Still ... police are looking for a light skinned guy between 5'5" and 5'8" in height ... if they meant someone that could pass as Hispanic, I'm sure they would say as much. Perhaps they used the term "light skinned" to exclude Hispanic guys that self-identify as white/Caucasian.

No, they mean the person had light skin. So somebody who is white or who could pass as white. I just don't see how people are interpreting this to exclude any group. I don't see how they could have been any clearer.

----------
Hi Otto, think back to what is missing. One thing I have really wondered about- in one report, maybe the first they said the sex of victim could not be decided. Would she decomp that fast from Friday to Wednesday? oh no, back to the body farm!! This has been bugging me. I also think there is a chance the perp wanted to put her in/behind the shed but found it too hard to drag the body uphill. IMO. :what:

Police refused to release information about the remains for about 2 days ... until they had confirmed the identity. I'm pretty sure that police were well aware of what they were dealing with when they found the remains.

It could be that he was dragging the remains towards the culvert and gave up at some point, leaving the remains in the field instead. It's hard to say what all happened there.

You know if this is the first time this perp has killed, isn't it rare to spend the extra time with the body dismembering it? If it is rare, then this guy has done this before.

Originally Posted by gliving

<snip>
"As they were walking along the trail near a street the girls noticed an "attractive" white man who was between 5 feet 6 inches and 6 feet tall, wearing jogging shorts, a Bolder Boulder T-shirt and green and white running shoes. He had a shaved head, no facial hair. He was trim and athletically built.

He kept looping down through a tunnel that went under the street and jogged by the kids about four or five times.
</snip>

More:
*10/20/2012 04:22:46 PM MDT
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_2...oy-near-ketner

This happened just weeks before the Bolder Boulder and this guys certainly sounds like a runner. He was wearing a Bolder Boulder t-shirt and many of us who do this event make it an annual thing. Green and white running shoes also seem significant - the green would have to be pretty noticeable, I think, for this to be remembered.

Brightroom takes pictures of the BB. There are over 270,000 pics this year, but I wonder if LE should look through them for someone in the running waves, at least, with green shoes. You can recover the bib number and see name/location/age.

Long, loooong shot...but if they don't have any other leads, it seems perhaps worth it. OR, if the kids remembered what the design of the t-shirt he was wearing was, they could also deduce what year the shirt is (they do a different design every year) and also look at those pics.

Also, the description here and in the profile for the attempted jogger abduction Memorial Day weekend seem like this is a runner-type body and not a "big" guy. Makes me wonder if - if it's the same guy - if he's failed with the adults because he's just not strong enough to succeed, but did with a much younger victim. Just another thought.

The hole is not in the top "middle". It's lower middle and the thickness of the cross is not conducive to an earring with the hole. IMO.

Thanks, I agree. I was actually posing that as a question to someone who said they thought it is an earring. I see it either as from a rosary or from a necklace.

I did READ it. Don't know the rules but pretty sure I can't post the whole post. That's why I provided a link. But thanks!

and even though the dad did clear it up that wasnt't my point. Even if J said she stopped and was talking to a teacher, I wanted to know if anyone clarified this with the teachers aide not the father. No one is ruled out as a suspect except the family, so why should we take his word for it?

They must have DNA since they ruled out that Ari guy through DNA. With J's dad being the last known adult that was supposed to see her that day I would guess that they questioned him a good bit also got his DNA.

Is the general consensus that this perp parked on the roadside and carried Jessica's remains under an area of barbed wire fence? Why would he do that? Even on a deserted roadway, wouldn't he be fearful of being detected?

I personally do not think he went under. There really was no need. He could have dropped her over. If he placed her in a bag before all he needed to do was swing the bag over his shoulders.

Other locals also got scared off from posting, FWIW.

I do not like posting much either but then again my mind plays tricks on me. At night I get spooked just by reading here at times. I scare way to easily.

I still like the idea of a decoy.

That is what I was thinking put a young looking small sized kung fu butt kicking lady out there and move in when he does. Same for the candy man who likes boys if they are different people. Which I would say they are different people since the mom of the kids at Kelter Lake did not say that the sketch looked like the guy who tried to take her boy.

I don't know if this has been shared, but I found this.

BBM. Maybe Jessica's killer was inspired by these books, this character. Wouldn't it be nuts if it turns out the killer's name is Alex.

The guy who choked the boy had a shaven head, according tot the report.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member