CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, go out to play golf with spouse and friends and come back to...well, what appears to be a mess. Is there any new news, or is it just a snarkfest?

Snarky with a side of troll. :/

I was the poster in question and it is in one of the msm articles but I can't figure out which one (I've read all the ones posted in all these threads).

They were consent searches. And yes, they were going into people's houses with permission and checking out the entire house and premises.

Given that this case really seems to indicate a local, I'm sure that if no one answered the first time LE knocked, then LE probably kept checking at intervals until someone did answer.

While refusing to give consent for a search is not required, I think anyone with half a brain could figure out that refusing consent would put them on the radar pretty quick. LE couldn't get a search warrant based solely on refusing to consent to a search but I'm sure that LE would start checking out that person's background, known associates, etc, to see if they could gather reasonable suspicion.

I know in one of the pressers they talked about the amount of cars, homes, etc they had searched. I believe it was the one where they announced the match to Jessica.

Sapphire,,

Do you think Jessica was taken about 30 seconds or less than 10 minutes after she left her home? :waitasec:

A link would be great.

It is almost certain that this perp has a vehicle.

It is almost certain that this perp has either stalked Jessica or her neighbourhood before.

The fact that she was taken in such a tiny time-frame of less than 10 minutes implies that he was waiting for her to come along, and knew she would be alone for that short distance.

The only way I know to find this sort of information out is to, basically, stalk.

He has been waiting around on her route to school, for the right moment to grab...maybe Jessica, maybe any random child that used that particular route.

He has been lurking there before. Someone must've noticed something.

Likewise, he has a connection to where the backpack was dumped.

Is this somehow in relation to the child murder that occured in that location? Common sense would say it is...another dead child.

This earlier murder means something to this perp. I would hazard a guess to say he was a teenager at the time this first death occurred, or was somehow connected to it in another way.

Maybe he hates the local LE and this is his way of taunting them.

Of course my opinion only based on what we know which is not much.

:cow:

Above BBM...

Strictly MOO and nada damn thing more.. I strongly believe that HE LIVES in the neighborhood where he purposefully placed the backpack at Andrew/Alpha Court.. I believe due to his being a part of this neighborhood that he also received the listserve email that was sent out requesting that the parent come retrieve the backpack that contained a waterbottle with the name "Jessica Ridgeway" on it(the email screencapped in otto's post upthread)..

I believe that this entire backpack find&seek game, along with the email were all very much sat back and enjoyed by this perpatrator..the email likely was a surprise added treat of sorts for him in not expecting that little extra excitement and was only more enjoyable to him..ALL JMO!

I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT AFTER HE IS ARRESTED(AND YES YOU WILL SOON BE ARRESTED AND CHARGED, YOU SICK B@ST@RD)... THAT WE WILL LEARN THAT HE ALL ALONG LIVED RIGHT THERE WITHIN THE AREA HE INTENTIONALLY PLACED HER BACKPACK(imo at some point we will also learn what exactly that he left inside the backpack..and imo it was nothing gruesome or of that type nature)

And once again the disclaimer that this is strictly MOO and nada damn thing more..

No screams could simply be, he got her by surprise.

This would fit with "non-random" too...he was waiting for her and pounced.

Why Jessica????

:banghead:

Because the OPPORTUNITY was there and she was AVAILABLE!

Essentially, I'm asking why not dump the body the same time you dump the bag? And why do we think it was at seperate times?

I think the perp dumped the bag and the body on the same trip. The locations where the body and the bag were found are pretty much in line with each other, in an almost straight north/south drive of each other. I think the perp did what he did to her, then needed time to prepare to dispose of her and her things. This would have happened in the early hours, in the dark, IMO. The bag was found first and then her body. The bag was meant to be found to keep the heat off of where he would dump her. He didn't do a good job at the open space for some reason, a car was coming? If he wanted a show, he would have exposed her body. IF there are other parts, LE should check the routes leading away from the open space, likely west of there. JMO

this is so distressing to me. do you really want fluffy to end up with people like BTK when they get lost?

Fwiw, I don't think BTK ever hurt one of his animal charges...but I know he used to thoroughly enjoy the "law enforcement" part of his job.

Psychiatrists believe the power of his little notebook and badge kept him satisfied and non-active for years.

The moral of the story - get good fences.

Because the OPPORTUNITY was there and she was AVAILABLE!

I'm starting to think he may have targeted her because she had the same name as a serial killer and had a backpack for a character named "Justice."

Above BBM...

Strictly MOO and nada damn thing more.. I strongly believe that HE LIVES in the neighborhood

<snip>

I was just re-reading the Wikipedia article on Samantha Runnion (the case this most reminds me of) and I had forgotten that her killer had at one point actually lived in her apt. complex.

this was before she was found. they have since said there "is a predator on the loose".

Thank you for posting!

This -

Westminster Police Department Spokesman Trevor Matterasso also said they don't suspect a random abduction.

“We don’t believe there’s a person going around abducting children," he said

What the....!

They don't suspect a random abduction!

This means that they suspect (obviously) a NON-RANDOM abduction!

Jessica was targeted!!!???

:what:

I've been looking out for any upcoming abductions in case little Jessica's killer wasn't really local or was and he/she? booked and ran and will attempt the same thing in another state.There is a possible abduction of a 12 year old girl in Clayton N.J Autumn Pasquale.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Police-Search-for-Missing-12-Year-Old-Girl--175157951.html

I've been looking at cold case and Kayleah Wilson stands out to me. Greeley is just 53 miles from Westminster.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105547&highlight=Kayleah+Wilson

I think the perp dumped the bag and the body on the same trip. The locations where the body and the bag were found are pretty much in line with each other, in an almost straight north/south drive of each other. I think the perp did what he did to her, then needed time to prepare to dispose of her and her things. This would have happened in the early hours, in the dark, IMO. The bag was found first and then her body. The bag was meant to be found to keep the heat off of where he would dump her. He didn't do a good job at the open space for some reason, a car was coming? If he wanted a show, he would have exposed her body. IF there are other parts, LE should check the routes leading away from the open space, likely west of there. JMO

I agree with the poster on a much previous thread who believes the remains were dropped first. then the BP to draw attn away from the remains. an organized killer would have planned for that and been prepared with something to throw off LE's search.

I just wanted to say that superior in a direct line is 6.5 miles away from where she disappeared. There is no direct route. Also, superior is boulder county. There was no amber alert on the phone for boulder county that I know of. The school district did not even send a note home until the Friday after she went missing. There was a lot of people that did not know.... And hi I'm new here.

Hmm. I don't have a broad knowledge of different cases like this, only a few high-profile ones. Is this really a thing that happens, outside of movies? (Killer contacting family, I mean. Revisiting crime scene thing, I am familiar with.)

I can think of a few cases where it has happened.

Most recently, the Long Island Serial Killer used one of his victim's cell phones to call her sister and taunt her.

Unfortunately, he was too damn smart about it. He had the battery out of the phone until right before he used it, he called from crowded areas with little security cam coverage, he refused her attempts to keep him online and he yanked the battery out of the phone as soon as he hung up.

After something like 6 weeks, he quit called. The speculation is that her battery wore down and he didn't care to try to re-charge it (which would involve putting it into the cell phone).

There's a few other cases where perps contacted family members to taunt but now that I've thought of the Long Island Serial Killer, I can't remember the specifics.

It's not a common behaviour but it's not unheard of, either.

I know I have read of cases where the perp joined in the search, attended the memorial service, offered condolences to the family, etc. Usually in those cases, the perp was already known to the family.

Sapphire,,

Do you think Jessica was taken about 30 seconds or less than 10 minutes after she left her home? :waitasec:

We know she was.

She arranged to meet her school friend at 8.35 and left the house at 8.30.

That leaves 5 minutes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member