Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Above BBM...

Strictly MOO and nada damn thing more.. I strongly believe that HE LIVES in the neighborhood where he purposefully placed the backpack at Andrew/Alpha Court.. I believe due to his being a part of this neighborhood that he also received the listserve email that was sent out requesting that the parent come retrieve the backpack that contained a waterbottle with the name "Jessica Ridgeway" on it(the email screencapped in otto's post upthread)..

I believe that this entire backpack find&seek game, along with the email were all very much sat back and enjoyed by this perpatrator..the email likely was a surprise added treat of sorts for him in not expecting that little extra excitement and was only more enjoyable to him..ALL JMO!

I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT AFTER HE IS ARRESTED(AND YES YOU WILL SOON BE ARRESTED AND CHARGED, YOU SICK B@ST@RD)... THAT WE WILL LEARN THAT HE ALL ALONG LIVED RIGHT THERE WITHIN THE AREA HE INTENTIONALLY PLACED HER BACKPACK(imo at some point we will also learn what exactly that he left inside the backpack..and imo it was nothing gruesome or of that type nature)

And once again the disclaimer that this is strictly MOO and nada damn thing more..

I've wondered about this too. I remember a news report of DNA samples being taken from the neighborhood, right?

Thank you for posting!

This -

Westminster Police Department Spokesman Trevor Matterasso also said they don't suspect a random abduction.

“We don’t believe there’s a person going around abducting children," he said

What the....!

They don't suspect a random abduction!

This means that they suspect (obviously) a NON-RANDOM abduction!

Jessica was targeted!!!???

:what:

I remember him saying that in the very early days... I think the clues have led them elsewhere since then. In one of the last press conferences the head of police in Westy (I think I could be mistaken on ID) came right out and basically said that there is a predator loose in the area, also this is certainly now being handled as a stranger abduction case. I think the clues (of which we know if the backpack, the condition of the body, the cross and perhaps other clues we are not aware of) have led this investigation away from the typical abduction/pedophile investigation. IMHO and no, I don't have time to find you links, sorry!

Discussion topic:

For past successful stranger abductions in broad daylight with no witnesses - how did the perp do it? Let's discuss similar cases to this one.

A lot of us are wondering how people could not have noticed, but it's happened before. Perps, and survivors, have given details.

Just like the Evansdale case.;

Actually...good thinking. Maybe the mods should delete my post? My mind didn't even go there.

I doubt strongly that it matters.

I assume that the police aren't making any attempt to conceal what they are doing. My guess is that they'll also be looking for vehicles that should be passing but aren't. In other words, looking for someone who may be trying to avoid Jessica's street.

And if one woman at your church was gossiping, then just about everyone in town is going to hear about it.

We know she was.

She arranged to meet her school friend at 8.35 and left the house at 8.30.

That leaves 5 minutes...

This is another reason I'm not too shocked about the lack of witnesses once she left the house.

I can think of a few cases where it has happened.

Most recently, the Long Island Serial Killer used one of his victim's cell phones to call her sister and taunt her.

Unfortunately, he was too damn smart about it. He had the battery out of the phone until right before he used it, he called from crowded areas with little security cam coverage, he refused her attempts to keep him online and he yanked the battery out of the phone as soon as he hung up.

After something like 6 weeks, he quit called. The speculation is that her battery wore down and he didn't care to try to re-charge it (which would involve putting it into the cell phone).

There's a few other cases where perps contacted family members to taunt but now that I've thought of the Long Island Serial Killer, I can't remember the specifics.

It's not a common behaviour but it's not unheard of, either.

I know I have read of cases where the perp joined in the search, attended the memorial service, offered condolences to the family, etc. Usually in those cases, the perp was already known to the family.

This sucks beyond the telling of it. I don't think I'll be able to read about that case.

We know she was.

That leaves 5 minutes...

It's been said that she left at 8:25, and no I don't have a link... several MSM articles have said it. Even if she had left at 8:30, it could have been minutes rather than seconds.

I seem to be getting misunderstood.

The fact that LE has come out and said "predator" in NO WAY negates the "non-random" aspect.

All "non-random" implies is that it wasn't spur of the moment, nor any kid will do.

Non random implies that there was a reason that he took and did what he did to Jessica, in particular.

I also believe the aspect of the crime itself, in that she appears to have gone missing in an alleyway or in a "short cut" area (not a drive by snatch) implies also "non random"...he was WAITING for her.

None of this means he's not a predator, nor that he won't strike again.

"Predator" and "non-random" do not mean the same thing.

Predator describes the perp, non-random describes the victim.

Okay, I know I should be above this but I can't help it.

Doing drive-bys past the Ridgeway home is massively tacky and I feel gleeful that now it will be her vehicle caught on videotape and she may be wondering how to explain to the nice officer that she was being a ghoul.

I hope LE is offering Sarah and her family ongoing protection until they feel safe in their own home. I have been really struck by how considerate LE in the area seems to be of Sarah and her family. I feel like she has some good people to help her in this awful time.

If she was driving by to just lurk & gossip, then I'd def agree its being rude. However, could she have driven past Jessica's house bc she happens to live on the same street, or maybe she was dropping off or picking up a child for a sleepover? If that's the case, then her remarks could have actually been innocent & not gossipy at all. Could she have just innocently noted that cops were still there taking plates bc the entire area is in fear & at their wits end with trying to bring the freak responsible for this to justice?

I just wanted to say that superior in a direct line is 6.5 miles away from where she disappeared. There is no direct route. Also, superior is boulder county. There was no amber alert on the phone for boulder county that I know of. The school district did not even send a note home until the Friday after she went missing. There was a lot of people that did not know.... And hi I'm new here.

:welcome:

...and thanks for the information!

Has LE ever said anything about this being a person acting alone or if there is a possibility it's two people? How likely would a male/female working together be in a case like this?

A predator is still a predator.

It doesn't mean his vicitms are random.

oh I thought you were saying that LE didn't believe an abductor is on the loose. they clearly do, but yes, he is likely not a random killer.

Has LE ever said anything about this being a person acting alone or if there is a possibility it's two people? How likely would a male/female working together be in a case like this?

Obviously it's hard to know what's "impossible" (Homolka/Bernardo come to mind) but I think it's *statistically* unlikely, meaning, not usually the case in this kind of crime.

I just wanted to say that superior in a direct line is 6.5 miles away from where she disappeared. There is no direct route. Also, superior is boulder county. There was no amber alert on the phone for boulder county that I know of. The school district did not even send a note home until the Friday after she went missing. There was a lot of people that did not know.... And hi I'm new here.

All that makes sense to me.

And welcome to WS!

I've been unable to rule out a feeling that either the perp is a woman, or there's a woman working with the perp. No evidence, just a gut queasiness.

in NH there was a couple (who lived with the man's mother) who abducted a woman from her car at night. they then killed her and used bleach to clean the scene and left her by the side of a river. the man had said he "wanted to get a girl" and his GF went along with it. she clearly is short some marbles and went along to help him. They had snowplowed for the woman years before, and called her one night to ask her to help them b/c they were having car trouble. (this was their ploy to abduct her). she went out alone to try and help and she was killed. small child at home. so sad.
it is possible that a couple would work together given the right set of dynamics and terrible genes and lack of intelligence.

We know she was.

That leaves 5 minutes...

Meet her school friend in the park or not in the park?

30 seconds and 10 minutes is a large window and we really don't know when and where it happened.

I've been unable to rule out a feeling that either the perp is a woman, or there's a woman working with the perp. No evidence, just a gut queasiness.

well this just freaks me out given my playground experience a few weeks ago.

in NH there was a couple (who lived with the man's mother) who abducted a woman from her car at night. they then killed her and used bleach to clean the scene and left her by the side of a river. the man had said he "wanted to get a girl" and his GF went along with it. she clearly is short some marbles and went along to help him. They had snowplowed for the woman years before, and called her one night to ask her to help them b/c they were having car trouble. (this was their ploy to abduct her). she went out alone to try and help and she was killed. small child at home. so sad.
it is possible that a couple would work together given the right set of dynamics and terrible genes and lack of intelligence.

Detail: it was actually Vermont -- http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/2...ermont-teacher-wanted-to-get-girl-police-say/

But yea, something like that is what I'm thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puddy