CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell did this sick *advertiser censored** do to her?? Even a needle in his arm is too good for him.

I began reading that article and noticed everything was credited to SOURCE.
Red flag. COULD be a real insider, but unless it comes from a NAMED source in LE I am
going to wait to see what Westminster PD says.
So for now I am not going to address the reciepts, hair/fur piece (ugh), clothes in the backpack, missing socks, etc.
I will get myself all caught up in sleuthing and if it turns out to be a bunch of BS I will be irritated. So I am going to wait to hear more. JMO

The only thing LE made a point to dispute was about the hair/fur. FWIW.

Back to the wood for a sec- lets pretend for a minute that it WAS in fact Australian blood wood:

If the cross were home made (and we could probably infer that after scouring the net and finding none of similar style/colour/dimensions) the that would mean he either lived here or visited for an extended time. Long enough to find a tree, cut it up and carve his own cross. The tree is interesting because it oozes sap that looks like blood. It may have been interesting enough to tell someone about or someone may remember someone coming back from oz with an interesting cross that now no longer has it. it would obviously mean something to someone to go to all that effort.

If he bought it from here, well, it's a pretty crappy product to purchase. It may have been one of the sellers efforts and they remember the time that they were selling those first products. They may also be able to find emails or pay pal transactions front that time when someone from Colorado bought one of their dodgy crosses. Whoever bought it may not have cared that it was crappy, they may have only been interested in the significance of the wood + cross.

Regardless of the type of wood, who ever made it probably has some degree of religion if it is home made. Why go to all that effort otherwise when you could buy a similar, nice looking one off Amazon for 99c if it was just a trinket.

If it isn't home made and just from common wood bought from a junk store or market, the person may not be religious but may be like my DH. He has no religious belief but every time he goes to war he will take a cross or bible to 'hedge his bets' figuring that it can't hurt.

The person may not wear it at all so asking for people to think about anyone they know who wears it may yield nothing. It may have been on. A string and worn when ever it was lost, but that may only been because the person was doing something they felt they needed extra protection or forgiveness for. If it were unique and that information were out there, then people might start scouring their brain and thinking about if anyone ever mentioned a unique cross or remember seeing one in someone's draw or hanging in their car etc.

Anyway, those are just random thoughts I had while mopping the floor.

if you look on etsy theres plenty of similar style wood crosses, they use various woods to make them, including australian blood wood and Sth american bloodwood among others.

We do NOT know that this man is hispanic! We have ONE reporter saying the guy is hispanic, and a lot of conjecture based on a vague semantic difference in some of the reports. The information that we have is that he is LIGHT SKINNED, BROWN HAIR, 5'6-5'8, MEDIUM BUILD. As of right now, we have absolutely no idea what race or ethnicity this person is. I would hate to see rumors spread that this person is hispanic if he is not, and have someone NOT report a potential suspect because of it.

Ugh, I hate the media sometimes :banghead:

And did you notice they didn't really dispute it. They said they couldn't be sure it wasn't dog hair. Like you couldn't tell dog fur from people hair.

Now if might have been hair someone cleaned out of a brush and it blew around, so not related. I could see that.

LE Could be leaving a 4 month date span just in case the perp is a local who might shop at that store.If they stated a date and the perp knows he did not shop that day he would realize it is not his receipt.On the other hand if it is any time during a 4 month period he shopped then it very well could be his receipt and he might be afraid they will find him because of it.

Post 768 -Interesting that denverpost corrected what fox31 tv station reported. They quote LE in their correction.

A Denver TV station reported Sunday night that investigators in the Jessica Ridgeway abduction and murder had received new evidence.

Investigator Trevor Materasso of the Westminster Police Department said that "60 percent" of what Fox 31 reported Sunday night was "erroneous and bad information."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was there something else said by PD that says only the hair/fur is in dispute?

We do NOT know that this man is hispanic! We have ONE reporter saying the guy is hispanic, and a lot of conjecture based on a vague semantic difference in some of the reports. The information that we have is that he is LIGHT SKINNED, BROWN HAIR, 5'6-5'8, MEDIUM BUILD. As of right now, we have absolutely no idea what race or ethnicity this person is. I would hate to see rumors spread that this person is hispanic if he is not, and have someone NOT report a potential suspect because of it.

Ugh, I hate the media sometimes :banghead:

Is light skinned considered pale white? Or is light skinned considered hispanic or mixed? I don't know.

And did you notice they didn't really dispute it. They said they couldn't be sure it wasn't dog hair. Like you couldn't tell dog fur from people hair.

Now if might have been hair someone cleaned out of a brush and it blew around, so not related. I could see that.

See post 768 for what PD said. Or was there another announcement?

Now what I want to know is: Why did he keep her socks? :banghead:

What I want to know is by what miracle of folding or stuffing did he manage to fit a pair of boots (with pompoms--that detail just hurt me to read), a puffy winter coat, pants, top and underwear into what looked like a relatively small, kid sized backpack.

Or is this amongst the 60% that the PIO said was wrong?

Someone stumbled over it and was concerned enough to call LE.

I'm guessing this is because it obviously wasn't dog fur/hairbrush leavings.

:cow:

Scadder, I take it to mean he would pass for white, based on the initial descriptions. He may have some mixed heritage, but if he looked biracial or hispanic, I think they would have said so.

i.e. I am part Cherokee but if you saw me running through a park you would describe me as a white or light skinned female with blonde hair.

Would the receipts have a time printed on them? Our shopping receipts have time, date and cashier printed on them. If there is a time and they have the footage then that would make him pretty easy to isolate on security footage. Hopefully since the receipt was long and for $60 it meant that he spent a while walking around the store and passed a camera or two rather than just ducking in for garbage bags.

Like pretty much everyone else reading it here, I don't know how much and/or which part of the tv news story to believe. But -- I've been thinking all day that I wonder (and hope) that LE might have caught at least a fleeting look at the perp on some surveillance camera that was enough to help them rule some "possibles" out and cause them to look harder at the Ketner subject (from the description). So if they happen to have matching DNA and matching physical appearance -- or either one, really -- that is great news!

And if she was waiting all alone at the park she could be very vulnerable. She was probably getting anxious because he was not there and she didnt want to be late...some one lurking could have noticed and took advantage of her predicament..." Don't worry, if your friend is too late I will drop you off..."

Too, too likely.

Especially if the perp had knowledge of the local area or had done some research so that he could say "hey, you go to Witt Elementary..."

To many kids, someone who knows where you go to school is someone who isn't a stranger because they know something important about you. I think most kids would assume that such a person was a teacher, aide or volunteer at the school and maybe even feel a little embarrassed that they can't remember the adult's name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!