CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if you look on etsy theres plenty of similar style wood crosses, they use various woods to make them, including australian blood wood and Sth american bloodwood among others.

Yep, that was my point but I haven't seen any incredibly poor looking ones. Where did you find those? The ones I found look quite professionally done.

I'm getting forgetful in my old age. Has it been decided yet if this guy is also the candy man?

What I want to know is by what miracle of folding or stuffing did he manage to fit a pair of boots (with pompoms--that detail just hurt me to read), a puffy winter coat, pants, top and underwear into what looked like a relatively small, kid sized backpack.

Or is this amongst the 60% that the PIO said was wrong?

Well, you have to remember that all those items were kid-sized, too. (Another hurtful thought, sorry.)

From the link:
"Materasso said there is no indication yet whether the hair are connected to the case. "We don't even know if this is dog hair yet," he said."

Read more: Police get tuft of hair from park near where Jessica Ridgeway found - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...-tuft-hair-from-park-near-where#ixzz2A0YLXk1Y
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Please note, LE did NOT argue that this was not Jessica's hair, only that it could be from something else. And they did not specify ANYTHING else as being in question or false, just that ""60 percent" of what Fox 31 reported Sunday night was "erroneous and bad information." Since that part of the Denverpost article was updated at 10:24:34, while the Fox information was updated at 11:05, How could LE refute what had not yet been written on FOX?

BBM. No, they didn't specify what other things were incorrect - but they did say 60% is erroneous and bad information. That means more than HALF of this article is incorrect (erroneous). I can't weed out what is or isn't true so I will wait until it comes from a named pd source before sleuthing any of the info. That is just my choice, but it will be a shame if pages and pages of erroneous information is on the boards due to a bad article. It will just confuse those who come later and try to catch up. JMO

It's amazing what people with brains on overdrive can do once their bodies catch up and they are out of the school system.

Believe me, what he did while still in the school system was pretty amazing. And my mama could point out the exact grey hairs each incident gave her.

Not that she wouldn't, um, stretch the absolute facts to make a story better...

If police are comparing DNA samples, then they will know the biological sex of the person who the sample came from.

That remark was my feeble attempt at humor trying to lighten things up around here.......

If it was a regular size backpack, I pack more than that in mine when I travel. And those are full size clothes. I am not sure what size the backpack was.

He may have been in the army! My DH can fit a winter sleeping bag, a pillow, 3 sets of clothes, toiletries and army boots into a small suitcase. It's all in the folding apparently, or rolling, more accurately.

Believe me, what he did while still in the school system was pretty amazing. And my mama could point out the exact grey hairs each incident gave her.

Not that she wouldn't, um, stretch the absolute facts to make a story better...

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Too, too likely.

Especially if the perp had knowledge of the local area or had done some research so that he could say "hey, you go to Witt Elementary..."

To many kids, someone who knows where you go to school is someone who isn't a stranger because they know something important about you. I think most kids would assume that such a person was a teacher, aide or volunteer at the school and maybe even feel a little embarrassed that they can't remember the adult's name.

And ESPECIALLY if you have a child who adores school. Being late for school makes my 9 year old anxious because she doesn't want to miss anything and she is a rule follower. My DD also hates being rude and would hate to offend someone by saying that she doesn't remember someone and doesn't want to get in their car.

And did you notice they didn't really dispute it. They said they couldn't be sure it wasn't dog hair. Like you couldn't tell dog fur from people hair.

Now if might have been hair someone cleaned out of a brush and it blew around, so not related. I could see that.

Seriously?

Take a look at a lock of hair from an Afghan hound sometime. I bet there are wannabe starlets who would cheerfully pilfer the show coat off an Afghan to make the most convincing extensions from. Afghan furnishings can be up to 18 inches long (and often quite blonde).

Cockers can also have longish (4 inches) human looking locks. Poodles and Portuguese Water Dogs do as well but don't come in a colour that would be a convincing human blonde.

Why yes, I have been spotted running around in a little ring with a dog who is having a far better hair day than I have ever had in my entire life. No surprise because I bet I spent more time on their hair in a week than I did on my own hair in a year.

And ESPECIALLY if you have a child who adores school. Being late for school makes my 9 year old anxious because she doesn't want to miss anything and she is a rule follower. My DD also hates being rude and would hate to offend someone by saying that she doesn't remember someone and doesn't want to get in their car.

Not to mention the fact that it was a pretty frigid day.

Seriously?

Take a look at a lock of hair from an Afghan hound sometime. I bet there are wannabe starlets who would cheerfully pilfer the show coat off an Afghan to make the most convincing extensions from. Afghan furnishings can be up to 18 inches long (and often quite blonde).

Cockers can also have longish (4 inches) human looking locks. Poodles and Portuguese Water Dogs do as well but don't come in a colour that would be a convincing human blonde.

Why yes, I have been spotted running around in a little ring with a dog who is having a far better hair day than I have ever had in my entire life. No surprise because I bet I spent more time on their hair in a week than I did on my own hair in a year.
Was that running with the
dog before or after the blunt? :great::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: sorry, couldn't resist!

It couldn't have been there more than a week. And if they could read the items, why not the date, unless it was only a partial receipt.

I've had a few receipts that faded at the top and/or bottom, while the middle stayed legible (probably because they were curled up or something) -- unfortunately, because the date was needed for rebates! Also, I've seen some that looked like the printer or whatever was sputtering when it was trying to do the date portion and it came out illegible.

According to that story, the date wasn't on it because it was a photocopy that was shown to them.

My friend, a quiet word of advice.

<looking both directions>

Quark's dabo tables are, uh, kinda odd. And he seems to have some special understanding with the station head of security. Which may or may not explain the oddity of Quark's dabo tables. I suggest enjoying the <cough> scenary, the drinks aren't half bad but I don't believe there are any games of chance being conducted in that bar.
I find the drinks slightly...weak.

I'm calling BS on the Faux News story. If they had a receipt with that many items on it, that's a rather substantial shopping trip. He bought a lot of other things- I mean, if he's single, that's a good weeks worth of stuff. So he's buying a roast for Sunday when Gram comes to dinner, apples because they're on sale, and oh, yeah, trash bags for that dismemberment someday. Oh, and toilet paper. Also, why not just check the value card number? Hello? I mean, that has all your info on it. If I forget mine in the car, the clerk or other shoppers always ante up one for me to "borrow". That place is near a dump where they have to hire people to pick up blowing trash, in an area that has notoriously high winds, and LE is so sure it's connected they have actual security guards checking the videos? I LOLed right there. The only shocking thing here is Fox news getting it 40% right-that's unusually high for them.

I was taught always have a password that the person is supposed to say.

If someone drives up and says Mom said she can't make it and to just pick you up that person is to know the password in order for you to trust them.

Scadder, you just succeeded in reminding me that I truly am only about 5 minutes younger than dirt.

The password thing was never suggested when I was a child, or when I would have had hypothetical children of my own. It only started being mentioned when I was old enough to have hypothetical grandchildren.

I'm not sure the password thing would work if the perp was posing as an adult from Witt Elementary who just happened to see Jessica at the park. If he told her he knew she went to Witt, would she like a ride, I think that could take care of any doubts Jessica may have had.

um... tell me you didn't get the joke about the blunt I made a few pages back...

According to that story, the date wasn't on it because it was a photocopy that was shown to them.

Seems weird they'd selectively withhold the date from the cashier, if they're trying to prod loose a memory of the customer ... :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876