CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And LE Said Saturday they were not concerned with the cross material ...but rather concerned with who had one or where it was bought.

<modsnip>
And Denver post said KDVR's Sunday information was 60% false, then KDVR came back that wait, there really was something to it. Things change. Roll and scroll...

Hurrah! The FBI has his DNA, they know where he bought the trash bag, and the store where the trash bag was purchased has kept months of video. This monster will go to prison!!!!!!
http://kdvr.com/2012/10/21/exclusiv...uspect-linked-to-unsolved-attack-sources-say/

Okay, this explains the 60% comment by LE.
Actually I think the garbage bag and receipts are more important than a clump of what may be animal fur right now. No wonder they feel this is a local, if they were purchased not far from her home.

And the DNA does match that of the assault in May...according to this article.

Sorry for the late response. Her reasoning was: "I drove past her house the other day. You know, because I used to live in that same neighborhood a few years ago.". Meaning, she was just being horribly nosy. And disrespectful to the family.

Well, I'm hoping to get the next instalment next Sunday. You know, the one where the nice officer knocks on her door to ask her a few questions... <snrk>

To make it even more enticing for LE, she chose to drive by on Friday. LOL!

Would the receipts have a time printed on them? Our shopping receipts have time, date and cashier printed on them. If there is a time and they have the footage then that would make him pretty easy to isolate on security footage. Hopefully since the receipt was long and for $60 it meant that he spent a while walking around the store and passed a camera or two rather than just ducking in for garbage bags.

This is interesting. Don't know if this has been posted yet I'm not done catching up.

Fox 31 Denver has also learned about two receipts discovered in an open field near where Ridgeway’s remains were placed.

Portions of Ridgeway’s remains were found on a black garbage bag, though it is unclear whether her remains were once inside. One of the two receipts had garbage bags as an item purchased on it.

The receipts were traced to a King Soopers near W.100th and Wadsworth Blvd., just a few miles from Jessica’s home.

Employees at the store, who Fox 31 Denver is not identifying because they are not authorized to speak on the matter, tell reporter Justin Joseph police and security guards spent days going through four months of surveillance video trying to find images of the person who bought the garbage bags.

The cashier who sold the garbage bags to the person tells Fox 31 Denver she has no specific memory of either the transaction or the man. She says she was shown the two receipts by police and says the receipts were “long” and one was in the amount of $60.

The cashier did not see the date of the receipt which she says was photocopied by police and presented to her.

Another employee says police told her the receipts were connected to the Ridgeway investigation.

“They said the receipts were found near Ridgeway’s body,” the employee said.

Police declined to comment on this report. They continue to ask the public for help in solving the crime.

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/21/exclusiv...uspect-linked-to-unsolved-attack-sources-say/

But isn't that scanner info full of tips and leads that don't pan out. As someone said when you first get to an accident you take 4 peoples accounts, that is checked but in actuality they wittle it down and only 1 of the versions are the facts.
I think she was referring to statements made by LE in press conferences, or when LE is directly quoted in MSM.

Who exactly was Jessica supposed to meet at 8:35 a.m. on Friday at the park (her usual meeting place to meet this friend/cousin to walk to school).

This is the most confusing information regarding the morning Jessica was last seen.

It was reported early on that a boy told LE that he saw Jessica at school but wasn't sure if he saw her walk into the school. It's unclear who this boy is.

Then, a father of a boy told LE that he ended up driving his son to school because Jessica never showed up at the park in time to walk to school with him. The boy must have told LE that happened on Friday because the dad corrected the information by telling LE that had happened on Thursday and the boy, age 10, was confused about the day due to his young age. Therefore, Jessica didn't show up to walk with her friend on Thursday. Yet Jessica was in school on Thursday so did she walk alone? Did she arrive to school on time? This leads to the question, what did the boy who was supposed to meet and walk with Jessica on Friday, do that day when she didn't show up on time? Sarah claims Jessica had called the friend to verify that they'd be walking to school together.

So who was Jessica supposed to be meeting at the park to walk to school with on Friday? The same kid? The same one she was supposed to meet every day as per a prior agreement with a specific person (to avoid paying bus fees).

Her mother said that Jessica had arranged to walk to school every day with the same person. Sarah mentioned that they often walked home with a larger group of kids.

We also know that some man/father received a phone call (from a blocked number) at 7:30 a.m. Friday morning that supposedly had something to do with Jessica calling. That man's same phone number was called from Jessica's landline phone at 4:30 p.m. Friday afternoon.

How can these calls be reconciled? What do they mean? Could the boy be the witness LE refers too? Because, otherwise, they have not been specific at all (neighbor, child friend, passerby) who claims to have seen Jessica on her way to school after she exited her house.

There was an early supposed sighting of Jessica near the Rec Center (which is out of her way) but I don't believe that was confirmed to be true. It involved her purple pillow pet that was located in her home Friday afternoon when LE responded to the 911 call. That's why the officer told the other officer via scanner that Jessica would have had to have returned home for someone to have witnessed her walking nearby the Rec Center with her pillow pet. Her pillow pet was in her home when police got there Friday afternoon.

What is the explanation regarding the phone calls made to the same house, the earliest from a blocked number or possibly Sarah's cell phone, on Friday morning. Since the weather had turned, the calls in and of themselves aren't suspicious to check to see if the normal walking partner was still planning to walk - Sarah said the friend said 'yes'.
What did the boy do on Friday when Jessica didn't show up at the park on time to walk to school with him?

It's not easy to forget or to unhear this confusing information.:twocents:

5 of 10 is true. At least that's what all the offical story is. They normally met at Chelesa Park but this time because of the cold most likely plans were changed and she called the friend to confirm that they were meeting at his house and then they were going to walk to school When it was 10 minutes to bell at 8:40 the boy and his father drove to school because Jessica hadn't arrived/changed her plan.

Read the Denver post article from today you got everything backwards.

Not arguing, but the son said that Jessica went to school on Friday and the father said the son was mistaken that was on Thursday. He said that JR never arrived on Friday, so he drove his son to school. The phone call Friday morning was about JR meeting up with the boy and going to school. Father said she never arrived so he drove son to school.

Here is the scanner thread. You can find out which day dad said he drove his son here.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8435263&postcount=2171

See the second quote down.

Why in the world would she walk to the friend's house? It makes absolutely no sense at all, whatsoever. Why would her mom agree to this arrangement?

Time for Woe to eat a little crow; not a big one!
Woe is me, as my brain is getting old and I can't seem to keep facts straight.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8422725&postcount=1"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

According to the scanner info from day one, October 5, when Jessica went missing ~

the boy tells police that he and J walked to school together on Friday.

later, the the boy's dad tells LE that his son and J had walked together on Thursday but that on Friday, he drove his son to school because Jessica never showed up by 8:40 a.m. Even though LE spoke to the boy on Friday, his dad claims his son got the days mixed up as he and Jessica walked on Thursday to school not Friday as son had told LE. Therefore, I conclude that both son and I are easily confused!

(whoever pointed out that I flipped around what dad said versus son said has it right; but only about the driving issue as dad does propose that the son is mixed up about the mode of transportation taken on which day). Dad never said he drove his son to school on Thursday as I erroneously claim in my post above.

The party (dad and son) did in fact receive a phone call from Jessica around 7:40 a.m. asking if they (meaning J and J) were going to walk or ride to school on Friday.

No other information (about meeting at house) is provided via scanner thread.

I apologize profusely for contributing to the confusing elements of this case.

Hurrah! The FBI has his DNA, they know where he bought the trash bag, and the store where the trash bag was purchased has kept months of video. This monster will go to prison!!!!!!

"Fox 31 Denver has also learned about two receipts discovered in an open field near where Ridgeway’s remains were placed.
Portions of Ridgeway’s remains were found on a black garbage bag, though it is unclear whether her remains were once inside. "One of the two receipts had garbage bags as an item purchased on it."
The receipts were traced to a King Soopers near W.100th and Wadsworth Blvd., just a few miles from Jessica’s home."

Sounds a big stretch to me. A King Sooper's receipt listing trash bags, what are the odds. :floorlaugh:

Off to bed. Night all!

This theory seems really likely to me. Logical and fits all the elements as known.

And if she was waiting all alone at the park she could be very vulnerable. She was probably getting anxious because he was not there and she didnt want to be late...some one lurking could have noticed and took advantage of her predicament..." Don't worry, if your friend is too late I will drop you off..."

Maybe by seeing what else he bought, they can see someone with those items in a cart, maybe there was a large item or a less common item that will show up, or someone taking an item from the shelf that matches the receipt.

Reporter from this article says the man that attacked the woman at Ketner Lake was Hispanic. The woman from Aurora attackers were possibly Hispanic as well. I remember the light skinned vs Hispanic discussion we had when we heard about the first attack. If this is factual, we might have a light skinned Hispanic predator.

Woman's attempted kidnapping outside bar investigated in Aurora

Snipped

CALL7 Investigator John Ferrugia reported Sunday night that the case bears some similarities to an attempted abduction case five months ago near Ketner Lake in Westminster.
In that case, a Hispanic male, 5 feet 6 to 5 feet 8 inches tall. He also attempted to use a rag with chemicals on it to subdue a woman.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...kidnapping-outside-bar-investigated-in-aurora

Meh. You're just not looking in the right places, that's all.

Why, I know this little gaming establishment near that wormhole whose owner could get you a great price on any quantity you wanted...

And he's got some interesting holo-novels. If you know what I mean.
I KNOW THE PLACE!!!! The dancing girls are so...um, wait...

I'm guessing that the stuff about the garbage bag receipts is disinfo-first of all, I SERIOUSLY doubt that LE would tell the cashier where those receipts were found. And I don't think they will end up being related in any way. I do believe the DNA was found and matched, and that her clothing was found in the bag. The fact that "only her socks were missing", if true, is very strange.

I found it interesting that they called the Ketner Lake incident an attempted sexual assault. All we have heard is that it was an attempted abduction. I'm sure we all suspect that there was a sexual motive, but I wonder if there is more information about that incident that they are keeping from the public.

I do not think the hair belongs to Jessica. They scoured that area pretty well. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer :)

So the article about the reciept's and DNA and video? That is what the officer quoted in the article is now saying 60 percent bad information?

If this is true, that those are the killers receipts, I just don't see him leaving them at the scene. How stupid could you be? So maybe they fell out of his pocket with the cross?

How do they know she was wearing socks? Did mom watch her get dressed?

If this is true, that those are the killers reciepts, I just don't see him leaving them at the scene. How stupid could you be? So maybe the fell out of his pocket with the cross?

Honestly, he seems pretty stupid to me. He is lucky he did not get ID'd from the earlier assault. And he left DNA both times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member