CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a MOD but we cannot tell a fellow poster what they can or can't post about. It is against the TOS rules. If you have not read them please do so.

Ignore the post or alert a Mod if something is not to your liking.

Do not want this Thread to be closed and give our MODs more work to do.

what she said

I don´t know what you are talking about :what:

I´m talking about the map with obvious WRONG address for the friend of Jessica that she was supposed to have walked with to school the morning Oct 5th.
The address which you said was correct when I posted that it could not be right.

But now you are responding concernning somthing totaly different than what my post was about

Your posts are VERY confusing.

sorry - there's another girl missing in NJ right now. I was commenting on it on the end of my response about JR. It is confusing.

Heh. When I was younger and able to hike, I got so tired of losing stuff out of my pockets, etc, that I trained my first tracking dog.

I made all kinds of mistakes with her but she was always such a good girl and managed to cover my deficiencies as a trainer. I don't know how she managed to make sense of what I was trying to get her to do but she found my keys many times for me.

She also got me totally hooked on obedience competition by making me look like I knew what I was doing there, too.

With her nose and love of kids, I'm certain she's already found Jessica and is romping merrily with her.

Run in joy and light, you two.

Sweet story of your wonderful dog...

and great,visual of your pup with Jessica! :heart:

So the things that seem to be false now that are on the scanner? Are they true? Are they false leads? Is the current story all lies? How could she be seen in the Rec Park? Why would she take a stuffed animal with her on her walk to school? How could a friend at 4pm confuse what day saw someone at school?

I take everything with a grain of salt. Only version I keep as true are those words spoken by LE.

Exclusive: DNA from Jessica Ridgeway suspect linked to unsolved attack, sources say

Posted on: 11:03 pm, October 21, 2012

WESTMINSTER, Colo. — Sunday afternoon, about a mile from where Jessica Ridgeway’s remains were found, someone walking in a field made an unsettling discovery.

Police closed the field off in crime-scene tape and performed a grid search removing bags of evidence.

A source familiar with the investigation said the person discovered a clump of blond hair which investigators believe may be Jessica Ridgeway’s.

Fox 31 Denver has learned new details about the Ridgeway murder investigation showing investigators are making progress in finding her killer.

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/21/exclusiv...uspect-linked-to-unsolved-attack-sources-say/

ColoGirl said:
Investigator Trevor Materasso of the Westminster Police Department said that "60 percent" of what Fox 31 reported Sunday night was "erroneous and bad information."

Read more: Police get tuft of hair from park near where Jessica Ridgeway found - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...#ixzz2A0HkTrbe

And the FoX News story From tonite is here...

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/21/exclusive...k-sources-say/

Sixty percent is significant...

It is not unusual for there to conflicting reports that come out early on and often even later in a case.

One thing that is helpful is to look carefully at who is making the comment.
If the reporter writes:
LE says that xyz happened.

it is not the same as

"XYZ happened", said Officer John Doe.

The latter type of comment- doesn't typically change, but the former type of comment very often do change and most likely will.

Reporters paraphrase often in a sensational way and while we can use MSM information for the framework- don't lock yourself into the early reports because they change and evolve as more information is revealed by LE.
Do the best you can to stay civil with one another regarding some of the reports and sort through them the best you can.
Thanks.

Good examples of what I am talking about right in these articles.

I'm sorry if this sounds snarky, but I just can't figure out WHY it seems to be so important to know what KIND OF WOOD this cross was made out of?? It has no bearing on this case! What is important is whether or not anyone has seen someone wearing this type of cross, has noticed it missing, etc. Who cares what kind of wood it is made out of?

And LE Said Saturday they were not concerned with the cross material ...but rather concerned with who had one or where it was bought.

<modsnip>

It makes sense to me to wait until the backpack was found before moving to dump the body.

By dumping the backpack outside the established search perimeter, he was increasing the amount of area LE had to cover. Yes, he'd be adding in some of the Superior PD into the active search but he'd be moving a whole bunch of other LE out of the original Westminster area.

So, dump the backpack and wait for the big fuss to be made, sucking LE away from Westminster.

Then wait for dark, knowing that LE activity would decrease markedly.

My guess is that he waited until late Sunday night, then drove to Pattridge Park to dump Jessica's remains. From local reports, we know that the road going by Pattridge Park had been closed for weeks and had only just re-opened the previous week. Which means that it probably was not getting the usual level of travel on it, since people would have formed new habits in the time it was closed and not all of them would realise it had opened again.

Again, from local reports posted here on WS, we know that the particular section of road Jessica's remains were found along does not have street lights and that headlights from traffic can be seen for quite a way in either direction.

Sounds like just the sort of place to quickly dump something you don't want to be caught with.

Because the remains were found concealed in a garbage bag, I am leaning towards the backpack placement being more of a panic move than a taunt. I think he badly needed for LE activity in the Westminster area to be slowed down.

This all makes a lot of sense, but assumes he was firmly set on Patridge Park without a contingency plan.

After reading all of the arguing here about it, I wonder if the boy's father and Jessica may have gotten their wires crossed and there was a big misunderstanding. From the interview, it does sound like Jessica was expecting to meet her friend at the park (or she could have just not mentioned the change in plans to her mother). From what the father reportedly said, it wounds like he and the friend were expecting her to go to the house. Isn't it possible that both are telling the truth (as they knew it) ?

Both parents say that Jessica called her friend's house to see if he was walking that day. The father says he told her that J would wait for her, but it sounds like maybe they meant he'd wait at the house. JR tells her mother that J is going to be walking with her and leaves. Maybe she was waiting for him at the park while he was waiting for her at home. I just don't see how else the different stories make sense.

This theory seems really likely to me. Logical and fits all the elements as known.

Hurrah! The FBI has his DNA, they know where he bought the trash bag, and the store where the trash bag was purchased has kept months of video. This monster will go to prison!!!!!!
http://kdvr.com/2012/10/21/exclusiv...uspect-linked-to-unsolved-attack-sources-say/

OMG - if that's accurate I'll be so glad! if someone shopped there with a long receipt for $60, they were maybe food shopping, so they maybe live nearby and someone will recognize them on the surveillance tape????
Please let this be true, and with a time stamp on the receipt and the video, they can id this *advertiser censored**.

scary abt him escalating to both women and children.

If it truly was DNA from Ketner and from JR, then maybe chloroform wasn't involved?

Thanks for this link! I am hopeful tonight even if I may be disappointed to find out this isn't accurate later....

Ok I'll start with the contrictory information in the scanner itself. Friend J said that they walked to school that day but she didn't go in. Same friend J said that she walked into school and spoke with a teachers aide Miss Krouse. Teachers Aide denied this. Another female friend said she walked up to the school but didn't come in. They also state that no one can confirm that she came in. No teacher's no one. There was a report that she was seen at the Rec Center with the purple pillow thing. The Cops said that if that is true then she came back home because the pillow was at the house.

So she was spotted at a place with someone that was back at the house? Went into the school to talk to a teacher's aide but the same person said she didn't go in. And another saw her walk to the school but not go in. The scanner had the one false lead about a girl who sometimes walks with someone named Jessica(may not be the same one) where the basement door was unlocked and the latch was up.

Now what I want to know is: Why did he keep her socks? :banghead:

"Police are not looking for explanation or meaning of the markings, but we are looking for who may have worn or had one of these, has or displays other items with identical marks and in particular, a person that fits the suspect description: light skinned male, medium build, average height."

That's interesting...So the marks mean something that could be on other items. I guess they already know what the markings mean?

I don't think so. I think it's more likely that it is clear when looked at in hand that the marks may have been added by hand, perhaps after the cross itself was acquired. If so, that person may have put similar markings on other possessions.

I take everything with a grain of salt. Only version I keep as true are those words spoken by LE.

But isn't that scanner info full of tips and leads that don't pan out. As someone said when you first get to an accident you take 4 peoples accounts, that is checked but in actuality they wittle it down and only 1 of the versions are the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni