CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh.

I just keep thinking how just driving her to school will haunt this mother.

:(

Mom called 911...am I recalling that fact correctly?

I realize a lot of kids have parents who aren't together, but Atumn Pasquale, the 12 yo girl from NJ who was coming home from dad's and went missing is similar to JR, who lived with mom. and they both loved dogs, from the pictures.

is this the same perp? god I hope they find her tonight!

When I looked at Autumn's pic I had the same thought. Beautiful girl. Sending love and light to NJ! Hope she is found safe today!

I think in the scanner and early stages it's just rapid fire going on tips and hints rather than hard facts. I would hope so because if not NONE of this makes sense.

the scanner is real time LE getting on scene and finding out what's going on. much of it is confirming or refuting what info they have. they very quickly cleared up a lot of info. and I know they investigated all claims and discrepancies.

this map is accurate. the reporter mixed up locations, equating J's house with the park. it is confusing b/c no one knows if she was supposed to walk to J's house or the park. the reporter is also confused.

I just don't belive that!

WHY on earth would Jessica walk 0.9 miles ( ca, 17 minutes) to a friends house in order to get to school (and then add to that, from the friends house to the school it is 0.6 miles ca 12 minutes), when the walking distance from her very own home to school is 0.4 miles (ca 9 minutes) ???

It just doesn't add up.

When I looked at Autumn's pic I had the same thought. Beautiful girl. Sending love and light to NJ! Hope she is found safe today!

yes, I noticed the looks being similar too. It's really scary. I am so scared for her right now.

WHY on earth would Jessica walk 0.9 miles ( ca, 17 minutes) to a friends house in order to get to school (and then add to that, from the friends house to the school it is 0.6 miles ca 12 minutes), when the walking distance from her very own home to school is 0.4 miles (ca 9 minutes) ???

It just doesn't add up.

right. she probably wouldn't, and nowhere that is credible and verified does it say she did.
there is no Amber Alert for her yet but this was said in the paper so it looks like they believe it was abduction. I know this is not her thread but I fear it could be related.creepy gets creepier. the map of where this girl was last seen has her home close to a small lake and field/open space area.

I just remembered I have been there - I had a HS friend from there.

"MacDonald said borough police and officers with the Gloucester County Prosecutor’s Office - along with the area CART (Child Abduction Response Team) - are searching for Pasquale."
http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2012/10/clayton_girl_12-year-old_autum.html

It just doesn't add up.

No, it doesn't. No, it doesn't. That and about a dozen other things....

Sorry thought we could post the scanner. Seems like we only have a partial view of the scanner and things that have changed may change. I was getting ready to post something but didn't but they mentioned people who have access to the house. They ask if Sarah's sister has a BF they say yes, then when they talk about who would have access to the house they only mention the 4 not the BF. Did the Aunt's BF simply not register on their radar?

Back to the wood for a sec- lets pretend for a minute that it WAS in fact Australian blood wood:

If the cross were home made (and we could probably infer that after scouring the net and finding none of similar style/colour/dimensions) the that would mean he either lived here or visited for an extended time. Long enough to find a tree, cut it up and carve his own cross. The tree is interesting because it oozes sap that looks like blood. It may have been interesting enough to tell someone about or someone may remember someone coming back from oz with an interesting cross that now no longer has it. it would obviously mean something to someone to go to all that effort.

If he bought it from here, well, it's a pretty crappy product to purchase. It may have been one of the sellers efforts and they remember the time that they were selling those first products. They may also be able to find emails or pay pal transactions front that time when someone from Colorado bought one of their dodgy crosses. Whoever bought it may not have cared that it was crappy, they may have only been interested in the significance of the wood + cross.

Regardless of the type of wood, who ever made it probably has some degree of religion if it is home made. Why go to all that effort otherwise when you could buy a similar, nice looking one off Amazon for 99c if it was just a trinket.

If it isn't home made and just from common wood bought from a junk store or market, the person may not be religious but may be like my DH. He has no religious belief but every time he goes to war he will take a cross or bible to 'hedge his bets' figuring that it can't hurt.

The person may not wear it at all so asking for people to think about anyone they know who wears it may yield nothing. It may have been on. A string and worn when ever it was lost, but that may only been because the person was doing something they felt they needed extra protection or forgiveness for. If it were unique and that information were out there, then people might start scouring their brain and thinking about if anyone ever mentioned a unique cross or remember seeing one in someone's draw or hanging in their car etc.

Anyway, those are just random thoughts I had while mopping the floor.

there's nothing outright wrong in the article except they combined J's house and the park. IT IS IMMATERIAL AND IRRELEVENT in the abduction (except to pinpoint the exact location of her abduction, which LE prob knows and we don't), so they just don't care about correcting it.

I see nothing irrelevant about figuring out which direction Jessica was traveling when she was abducted.

the scanner is real time LE getting on scene and finding out what's going on. much of it is confirming or refuting what info they have. they very quickly cleared up a lot of info. and I know they investigated all claims and discrepancies.

So the things that seem to be false now that are on the scanner? Are they true? Are they false leads? Is the current story all lies? How could she be seen in the Rec Park? Why would she take a stuffed animal with her on her walk to school? How could a friend at 4pm confuse what day saw someone at school?

Hmmm....I don't really agree with that. The Cold Cases and Missing But Not Forgotten forums are filled with decades-old cases that can barely be discussed because there's no information about them. I think that if Jessica's case does go unsolved, 95% of what we know will be generated during the first year or two.

You are correct.

I should have specified cases that got huge amounts of media attention and then are re-visited as anniversary stories, etc, throughout the years. For instance, I followed the Jacob Wetterling case intensively in the first few years and then sort of lost track. When I came back to it within the last couple years, I was amazed at how much more had been released.

Sadly, cases like Jacob Wetterling's are the exception rather than the rule. Most missing children cases don't get even 5% as much attention in the first month as Jacob's got in the first few days. A lot of them get little more than a filler sized item in the paper.

The same is true for adults, too. One of my email acquaintances went missing in May and it wasn't until July that any msm source ran any article at all about her.

So frustrating.

I think, though, with all the attention that Jessica's case has gotten, there's a good chance it will have 'legs' and if it turns cold, there will be anniversary articles, etc. Jessica's friends will grow up and be able to make their own decisions about going to the media (as did Jacob's friend), etc.

"She was supposed to meet a friend, a boy her age. The 1,000-foot walk down the street to his home should have taken four minutes, maybe five."

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21820092/jessica-ridgeway-what-happened-colorado-girl

J does not live 1000 feet down the street. I do not understand this. I thought her mother said her regular routine was to meet her friends at the park and walk to school together. Why was she meeting this boy at his house? His house IS NOT ON HER ROUTE TO SCHOOL. Why the difference in routine this day? I realize I have missed many posts and have not been able to keep up like I usually do - but this is not sitting well with me.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

If meeting the male friend before school was not a daily occurence, I find the arrangement that day odd too. Great question....Why the change in routine that day?

I think in the scanner and early stages it's just rapid fire going on tips and hints rather than hard facts. I would hope so because if not NONE of this makes sense.

There are no hard facts. It's all very fluid right yet. I just try to remember all the little details and file them away without judgement or decision. I've been fooled too many times having a preconceived notion. :blushing: :twocents:

IMO, I think this is really true. If you think about what happens in just a car accident or something - 4 people will have 4 different stories to tell. When they all calm down and can think straight again - you can fit the pieces of their stories together to make a complete picture.

The scanner happens before everyone calms down. Rapid fire to get emergency assistance. It is not until LE is on the scene that they can begin to actually fit things together.

Just my :twocents:
Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members