CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No disrespect, but the problem is that many posters have been here a long time and are well versed on how much MSM gets wrong. It happens time and time again. Just because you read something in the paper this week, doesn't mean you won't read an contradictory article next week. You really cannot take the article as gospel truth of the facts. Experienced sleuths know this. "This ain't our first rodeo"!

But, and I am not disagreeing as I have been here a while, we are told only to quote MSM. So, if that is the rule it would lend one to believe that they are the most reliable sources. jmo

LE corrected a tweet from 2 hours ago. Yet they haven't corrected a MAJOR NEWS story from today? That shows me they support the facts in it.

LOL...seen that too! If it doesn't interfere with LE investigation, they often don't bother to correct every MSM article. You need to understand that LE and the press have a simpatico relationship. They use each other when needed and leave each other alone when its called for. It doesn't change the fact that you cannot rely on anything just because it is a MSM article!

After looking at the recently reposted map... I was surprised to see how far Jessica walked to school. And how would she even have time to walk to her friend's house and then to school leaving at 8:25-8:30? School starts 8:55, I thought I heard.

This article is a prime example of what I just posted. If you click on the link, you will see that LE refuted what was reported tonight on the news. Like I said, MSM doesn't have the best track record for accuracy...their job is ratings.

Yet they haven't refuted a major story that seems to go against much of what was known. Wondering why they will refute a tweet and not a 5 page story?

That seems total off, if that address of Jessicas friened, on Iris Way, is supposed to be the correct address, it would have taken Jessica ca 17 minutes (0.9 miles) to walke to that address, and that is 100% wrong!

It has been stated that the address was located ca 3-4 minutes from her own address which is located right by Chelsea Park.

Somthing is totaly wrong with that map!

this map is accurate. the reporter mixed up locations, equating J's house with the park. it is confusing b/c no one knows if she was supposed to walk to J's house or the park. the reporter is also confused.

It is impossible (for me) to try to figure out this perp until we know if he is really linked to the abduction attempt in May. That would be a totally different type of perp, IMO, from what I am thinking of as someone who would abduct a child from a suburban street, which seems like fulfilling a sick impulse, something he has longed to do and can no longer resist.

If the two are linked, seems more like a violent predator with no particular type, just the need to inflict harm.

Just hit me, and this may have been suggested already, as I can't even begin to keep up with all these threads.

What if the guy who attempted the earlier abduction of the jogger left DNA on or with her when she was fighting him off? Maybe she scratched him or a small portion of his clothing tore off. Something that gave LE at least a partial DNA profile. Maybe even transferred from the cloth he put over her face.

One that brought back no matching hits in databases. But matched to what they got from Jessica or her backpack. It would certainly explain why the hyperjump from a 22-yr-old(?) jogger to a 10-yr-old girl and the pretty general physical description provided when they released photos of the cross and somehow connected that to the attempted abduction by the lake.

IIRC from a previous thread, that jogger, or maybe the earlier 2010 attempt, the lady was very petite and looked much younger than her actual age. But I was still left with a "huh? what's the link?" feeling.

DNA match, or maybe that very small cross was on a bracelet and with hand in front of face, the jogger saw it and "small wood cross" was one of the identifying features that stuck in her head.

DNA or no, cross in common or no, if it's the same guy, it's about attacking those he sees as small and weak. Not a 5-6, 140-lb type of victimology. Just like the sick SOBs that torture and kill animals. They do it because they are smaller and weaker and therefor can.

After looking at the recently reposted map... I was surprised to see how far Jessica walked to school. And how would she even have time to walk to her friend's house and then to school leaving at 8:25-8:30? School starts 8:55, I thought I heard.

I doubt the maps right. It doesn't match a google map. Plus another map had her house on the other side of Chelesa Park AND even if she got to the friends house at 8:40 she couldn't have got to school in time.

Yet they haven't refuted a major story that seems to go against much of what was known. Wondering why they will refute a tweet and not a 5 page story?

there's nothing outright wrong in the article except they combined J's house and the park. IT IS IMMATERIAL AND IRRELEVENT in the abduction (except to pinpoint the exact location of her abduction, which LE prob knows and we don't), so they just don't care about correcting it.

Or they do. Who do they say their info came from?
I will find my sources, after I calm down. Because, then I've had it wrong since the case broke and someone would have corrected me by now.

That said, I've been confused before but nowhere have I read that LE has said Jessica was to meet at a friend's house but never arrived.

There was a phone call made to someone in the a.m. LE officers conversed about it and later said it was Thursday, not Friday, the man drove his kid to school. In other words, they weren't involved on Friday.

Jessica was to walk to school with the same person every day.

The Denver Post article information about the friend and walking to school was completely new this morning. It is the first time media has reported that Jessica was to meet a friend but to meet him at his house. The Post was also very specific that her route to her friend's house was 1000 feet long and would have taken her past Chelsea Park where she often also walked with him and/or other kids.

I've read the scanner rewind and there was another location that is much further than 1000 feet away in reference to a friend. May I suggest that Jessica had more than one friend in the neighborhood, and perhaps the friend located further away was not one she walked to school with and instead, a completely different friend whose house she might have gone to after school. Jessica's mother did talk about driving over to a friend's house and the friend not being home on Friday afternoon in her interview.

Note: I'm not suggesting that she walked to the theoretical home of a theoretical second friend on Friday morning instead of to the home of the kid she walked to school, but simply that the scanner rewind may reference two good friends of Jessica, and the fact that perhaps LE was hoping she had made it to school after all and perhaps had headed over to a friend's house after school rather than coming straight home. I'd sort of assumed she meant the house of the friend she walked with, but perhaps a theoretical second friend was her best friend and lived in the neighborhood, which case driving over there makes perfect sense.

:cow:

OTOH, the Post article was completely wrong about the guy posting to the "Westminster" listserve about the backpack. He posted to the Superior listserve, because that's where he lives and also because Westminster does not have a listserve. So the article may very well also be incorrect about meeting the friend at his house and/or the distance from her house to his.

I doubt the maps right. It doesn't match a google map. Plus another map had her house on the other side of Chelesa Park AND even if she got to the friends house at 8:40 she couldn't have got to school in time.

the map is right, but it doesn't make any sense for JR to walk to J's house. the call was at 7:40 not 8:30. no where does it say JR walked to J's house. in earlier threads it is theorized that J & his dad waited in the car at Chelsea Park and when JR didn't show, dad drove J to school. it doesn't add up. we're all with you on that. smile and suck it up :)

But, and I am not disagreeing as I have been here a while, we are told only to quote MSM. So, if that is the rule it would lend one to believe that they are the most reliable sources. jmo

Of course we can quote them...but there is a "given" that most of us already understand, which is to take what is reported and do our own critical analysis against the facts. Most of us know that MSM isn't always reliable and have learned how to do this. I'm fairly sure that if you have read a lot of news reports, you've seen something that was printed in one news article, but reported entirely different in another news article. Think politics! How many different ways have you seen them spin the Romney camp vs the Obama camp! MSM is a business! They are in the business of selling to make money...bottom line.

this map is accurate. the reporter mixed up locations, equating J's house with the park. it is confusing b/c no one knows if she was supposed to walk to J's house or the park. the reporter is also confused.

Seems to me there is lots of confusion if you know what I mean. jmo

So essentially, no one knows what's going on right? If false information is coming out wouldn't they say? Heck this tweet from 2 hours ago stating possible new information in Patridge Park, has ALREADY been shot down by the LE 2 hours later. If Denver Post was wrong they would have let us know already. Regarding everything he's mentioning as Westminister PD facts where are his links to that.

Reporters often misquote and misrepresent events. They get it wrong. Sometimes they correct themselves, but often they do not. Often. And yes, its tough to rely heavily on anything. Over the years, you get a feel for good newspapers. And you will get burned by a few who lead you astray when you are really depending on them.

LE will not respond to every incorrect item that is released by the media. Sometimes, LE themselves can mislead the public and use the media to do it. They will do whatever it takes to get the perp. Its how the whole thing works....and its crazy. Take the new info....I wouldn't be surprised at all if there is something new...and I wouldn't be surprised to find that LE is denying it.

Ok...this will be my last post about the "wood" and I "get" all that, but it still WILL NOT identify the murderer!!! and if LE thought the type of wood was significant, don't you think they would already know what the thing is made out of? They do have it in their possession....and access to the world's foremost experts if needed...pretty sure they know this answer that everyone is struggling to find! So, my original question still stands....what's the point?

Hey NC - I get that LE wants to know if anyone has seen this particular cross in the possession of someone. That's all fine. LE posted that on their facebook earlier.

BUT - if our sleuths want to run it down - they may. If no one comes forward to say that they have seen this particular cross in someone's possession before, LE may have to look to see if they can figure out where the cross was purchased. So... our sleuths may continue this down this road.... if you don't want to participate, that's okay. No worries. Just skip by the posts. It's all good!

Salem

Ok...this will be my last post about the "wood" and I "get" all that, but it still WILL NOT identify the murderer!!! and if LE thought the type of wood was significant, don't you think they would already know what the thing is made out of? They do have it in their possession....and access to the world's foremost experts if needed...pretty sure they know this answer that everyone is struggling to find! So, my original question still stands....what's the point?

We may be sleuthing quite a few things that LE already knows -- and things they may not be releasing info about any time soon.

It's great to put the main focus on trying to come up with the info LE is especially asking the public for. But, beyond that, a lot of folks just have inquiring minds -- and who knows when someone might go off on a tangent that, after a bit, may lead to something really worthwhile, even to LE. What's the harm?

It's easy enough, IMO, to look at a post briefly -- especially a short one -- and decide whether it's something you want to consider ...and then, if not, just keep scrolling.

Her remains were found in garbage bags 11 miles away in an open field in Arvada's Pattridge Park five days after her disappearance.

Read more: Police get tuft of hair from park near where Jessica Ridgeway found - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...-tuft-hair-from-park-near-where#ixzz2A08Njg00
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

BBM

wth....bags (plural???)
See, now THAT was never released by LE.

Because what was found tonight was reported as potential new evidence...and it may or may not be new evidence. This is something that COULD impede the investigation due to the unknown factor. LE already has a community that is somewhat hysterical, they are doing their very best to contain it and maintain public safety and calm.

Cause tweets are one line and easy to read and 5 page stories aren't? Guessing, here.

How long would it take to get DNA back from JEssica? You think they have that back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966