CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like she would have been out in the cold more going to the friends house then just going to school. At least going by memory of that old map that had the friends house on it.

Exactly. It doesn't make sense.

:moo::moo:

No. Who is filling in the blanks in the article in the Denver Post? Who told them Jessica was to walk/meet at the friend's house? Has LE revealed that information?

I would assume if it's printed in a newstory that it's a LE source. They aren't going to print something as fact in a story about what has happened and the timeline without LE sources. If it's not from them the LE would have already come out stating that it's false information.

Ok everyone. This thread is headed back in the same direction that got it closed down twice today. No accusations, snarky comments or nasty remarks directed at the mother. She has been cleared and she is a VICTIM! Same goes for the dad of Jessica's friend! The mods will shut this down if this keeps going!

LOL...yeah, we're on the same page! Just wishin' we had more company!
:please:

Isn't that the truth. Almost makes you wish LE hadn't brought it up. Just kidding. Anything they can give us will be appreciated. jmo

Not following the news isn't that farfetched. I don't have a TV, and I tend to mostly follow national/international news online or on the radio. I only scan local news sources when I think of it.

I'm always amazed at how many people I meet who seem to lack any sort of current events awareness unless it involves sports scores.

Scadder, you have the patience of a saint lol.

You're speaking about a fellow sleuther here who has almost 8,000 posts. A little courtesy would be thoughtful.

Woe.be.gone is a faithful and intelligent poster. He/She is simply saying that different versions have been reported. I agree with this. I have also had moments of confusion concerning Jessica's plan that day.

If I recall correctly, it was originally stated she usually met friends...but on this day she was "meeting" a boy. It was reported the father of the boy drove to the park and waited for 20 minutes or so before going on to take his son to school. I think that was incorrect information. Happens frequently.

Also will add that listening to the rewind from the scanner threads of the initial days in question can sometimes help clear up incorrect info....but it can be tough to hear and decipher what is being said there also.

The scanner folks here are the best. Admittedly they don't hear all of the LE scanner feeds. In my opinion, the Denver Post more than likely has access to scanner feeds that aren't available to the general public.

from Jessica's house to her friend's house is .9 miles walking. 5000 feet. takes 15 minutes. as the crow flies it may be closer to 1000 feet but you can't get through all the dead ends and cul de sacs. there could be a shortcut but I doubt it'd knock it down to 1000 feet.

I saw a google map with different locations and not showing the boys house. The other map had Jessica's house between Chelesa Park and the school. So she backtracked every day to meet friends at the park and then go to the school as a group.

I agree that that is what I originally read from MSM, but now once I read the exact words of the mom's interview and the scanner, I'm beginning to wonder if MSM didn't just use their OWN interpretation, which might be less than accurate.

That's what I've been asking. Who's the source providing the reporter those 'facts'?
Reporting is very sketchy these days. They need to say why they are reporting the story the way they are. Unnamed source doesn't fly.

I cannot fathom the vast area they had to cover. My word, I have had to look for something in the grass I have just dropped and it is almost impossible. I hope it is good evidence. jmo

Heh. When I was younger and able to hike, I got so tired of losing stuff out of my pockets, etc, that I trained my first tracking dog.

I made all kinds of mistakes with her but she was always such a good girl and managed to cover my deficiencies as a trainer. I don't know how she managed to make sense of what I was trying to get her to do but she found my keys many times for me.

She also got me totally hooked on obedience competition by making me look like I knew what I was doing there, too.

With her nose and love of kids, I'm certain she's already found Jessica and is romping merrily with her.

Run in joy and light, you two.

"Police are not looking for explanation or meaning of the markings, but we are looking for who may have worn or had one of these, has or displays other items with identical marks and in particular, a person that fits the suspect description: light skinned male, medium build, average height."

That's interesting...So the marks mean something that could be on other items. I guess they already know what the markings mean?

Twitter "“@johnferrugia7: #JusticeforJessica. Nr abduction @ Aurora bar M-O similarities to attack @ Ketner Lake. Westy PD have linked Ketner attk to Jessica. #7News”

This is curious. I can't imagine how LE linked Jessica to Ketner Lake attack. Interesting the Aurora attack Oct 16. Those two were idiotic! She took that *advertiser censored* out, good for her! BUT I don't think more than one person is responsible for Jessica? This seems far fetched.

You're speaking about a fellow sleuther here who has almost 9,000 posts. A little courtesy would be thoughtful.

Woe.be.gone is a faithful and intelligent poster. He/She is simply saying that different versions have been reported. I agree with this. I have also had moments of confusion concerning Jessica's plan that day.

If I recall correctly, it was originally stated she usually met friends...but on this day she was "meeting" a boy. It was reported the father of the boy drove to the park and waited for 20 minutes or so before going on to take his son to school. I think that was incorrect information. Happens frequently.

Also will add that listening to the rewind from the scanner threads of the initial days in question can sometimes help clear up incorrect info....but it can be tough to hear and decipher what is being said there also.

I get the confusion and differing details. I'm just saying the first post seemed like a big post in order to try to implicate someone that has most likely been cleared using information that is no longer considered true. And then for 2 hours after that stays with his assumptions while I show an article that pretty much indicates the facts he used to make his assumption are no longer valid. The having the wrong facts at first is ok with me but the refusing to acknowledge it and pretend like I'm not trying to show him does bother me.

If she was driving by to just lurk & gossip, then I'd def agree its being rude. However, could she have driven past Jessica's house bc she happens to live on the same street, or maybe she was dropping off or picking up a child for a sleepover? If that's the case, then her remarks could have actually been innocent & not gossipy at all. Could she have just innocently noted that cops were still there taking plates bc the entire area is in fear & at their wits end with trying to bring the freak responsible for this to justice?

Sorry for the late response. Her reasoning was: "I drove past her house the other day. You know, because I used to live in that same neighborhood a few years ago.". Meaning, she was just being horribly nosy. And disrespectful to the family.

You're speaking about a fellow sleuther here who has almost 8,000 posts. A little courtesy would be thoughtful.

I agree with you and what I don't understand is how easily the scanner rewind post and interviews has been so easily discounted. Were they interviews between LE and people involved or what? I don't understand the lacidasical attitude about this. I may be missing something and if Iam please someone fill me in. The critical time for JR was when she walked out of the house and when she did not make it to school. Now, who knows more about than anyone? jmo

I would assume if it's printed in a newstory that it's a LE source. They aren't going to print something as fact in a story about what has happened and the timeline without LE sources. If it's not from them the LE would have already come out stating that it's false information.

Well, there's a warning about making assumptions; it's dangerous to make them. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95